IndexProfielRegistrerenHelpActive TopicsSearch Inloggen
Index / Heavy Metal Nieuw Topic Post Reply
Dit topic is 15 pagina's lang: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Auteur:
Topic : Massacre Vorige pagina | Volgende pagina
axegrinder
Usericon van axegrinder
Posted 08-08-2007 23:17 by axegrinder Wijzig reactieProfiel van axegrinderQuote dit bericht

Dat wordt inderdaad Belgie, ik denk wel Biebob, 1 uur rijden voor mij.

Mutilator
SPILL YER GUTS !!!!!! (Extra gore mod)
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 02-09-2007 22:08 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

quote:
Op 9 juni 2007 11:43 schreef axegrinder het volgende:
Klopt er zijn verschijdene versies van demo c.d,s van Death verschenen.
Met wisselende geluidskwaliteit wat ook weer voor Hellhammer geldt.
Wat betreft Massacre valt het wat tegen, de Tyrants of Death c.d. van Costa (Iron Pegasus) demo 1 Aggressive Tyrant en demo 2 From Beyond.
Wat betreft Massacre zijn er ook nog enkele demo,s en rehearsals zoals adv. track 1986, reh. 1986, Demo Infernal Visions 1986, Reh. 28-8-1986, Reh. 5-2-1987, adv. tape unr. e.p. 1987 (David Vincent), Bloomfield 31-3-1987, North Carolina 2-5-1987, unr. tr. 1991, Birmingham 25-9-1991, Bradford 2-6-1992, Reh. 3-9-1986, Bootleg Brandon 20-12-1986.

Deze dus er nog bij (circuleert dus wel..):

Massacre (USA) - 'Second Coming' (Unreleased LP), 1991 33.36 min.

1. Second Coming [6:26]
2. Bleed to Death [4:34]
3. Devouring Hour [6:29]
4. By reason of Insanity [5:46]
5. Mangled [5:51]
6. Psycho Pain Trip [4:30]

Nog videootje van Biohazard in 1991:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTWT9J1dRoU

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door Mutilator op 02-09-2007 22:11]

The quality of our perceptions determines the quality of our judgement. Our judgement determines how we interact with the world. How we interact with the world changes the world. So, the quality of our perceptions changes the world.

Judge M.
Lord of Metal
Usericon van Judge M.
Posted 02-09-2007 22:12 by Judge M. Wijzig reactieProfiel van Judge M.Quote dit berichthttp://www.lordsofmetal.nl

quote:
Op 8 augustus 2007 17:17 schreef Wansmaak het volgende:
Verdomme, nou, we worden toch niet overgeslagen!
Betaal jij de vraagprijs?

Wansmaak
Usericon van Wansmaak
Posted 17-10-2007 22:49 by Wansmaak Wijzig reactieProfiel van WansmaakQuote dit berichthttp://www,judgementday.nl

Gelukkig anderen wel, hehe.

Ik heb m'n from beyond shirtje alvast weer opgezocht.

Ik heb er ongelofelijk veel zin in.

“Leef met vlag en wimpel, maar houd het simpel’

Wansmaak
Usericon van Wansmaak
Posted 01-02-2008 23:21 by Wansmaak Wijzig reactieProfiel van WansmaakQuote dit berichthttp://www,judgementday.nl

Mooi verhaal:

01 feb 2008, 08:00

MASSACRE - ’The Second Coming’ release...with American Football metaphor

I was going to write a huge explaination about how this release came into being... of how it got released, and of all the fuck ups and shit it has caused getting released.

But you know what - I only need to explain one thing... that it was passed off to me, and I fumbled the ball.

I didn't run the touchdown... I let it slip in and out f my finger tips, until someone else decided to pick it up and carry it in over the goal line.

And even though the facts have been twisted and re-arranged to make the play seem better then it really was... the simple truth is - the play was made, and now this release is out!

The only fact that I need to correct is this one: this was never to be MASSACRE's second album, as a matter of fact it was a demo recorded before the album "FROM BEYOND"... but I'll let this letter below explain it...

(by the way... all the football talk is because I'm writting this blog on 'SUPERBOWL' weekend!!!)

THE story of THE SECOND COMING:

by: KAM LEE

This line up of MASSACRE was during the years of 1989 - 1990, and this 'demo' was recorded before the "FROM BEYOND" album, not after... and it was never intended to be MASSACRE's second album as listed. During this period MASSACRE bassist Terry Butler and drummer Bill Andrews were still playing in DEATH, and Rick was already kicked out of DEATH at this time.

MASSACRE had split up in 1987... when members Rick Rozz, Terry Butler, and Bill Andrews joined with Chuck Schuldiner in DEATH for the "Leprosy" album. However Rick was later again kicked out of DEATH in 1989, and after that I had approuched Rick about re-forming MASSACRE in late '89... and then we began formalizing the reformation.

The truth was at that time Rick was hanging out with a bassist who was playing in THE GENATORTURERS named Butch Gonzalas. And so Rick suggested that Butch come over to join MASSACRE as bassist. Yet we still needed a drummer, and during that time Rick was friends with Joey Cangelosi of the thrash band WHIPLASH from N.Y.

Rick somehow convinced Joey to relocate down to Florida from N.Y. to join with MASSACRE, and that is how MASSACRE would be borne once more for it's - SECOND COMING!

So during the later half of 1989 and the first half of 1990, the MASSACRE line up was; myself - Rick Rozz (guitars), Butch Gonzalas (bass), Joe Cangelosi (drums).

Now during this time period MASSACRE was already in contact with EARACHE RECORDS, and the record company heads wanted to hear the "new" MASSACRE.

Rick and Butch had already started writting material together prior, and decided to incorperate these songs they had into "new" MASSACRE material.

So when Joey and I entered the picture, we just needed to ad our parts.

Joey was now living with Rick at the time in a house financed by the label, so it was rather fast and easy for them to get the material down.

Within a matter of weeks they had six songs down musically, and I just needed to ad lyrics.

Although when I came into the picture, I was not at all too pleased with the direction the music had taken.

Rick was already trying to change the direction and style of MASSACRE's 'death metal' roots, and was incorperating many aspects of power thrash like PANTERA and even funk like RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS into the material. However, after much dileberation and discusion, I relented and gave in, and began writting lyrics.

Also, I would like to ad that Joey's drumming on these songs are powerful - aggressive - and just kick ass! I really feel if it wasn't for his style of 'power-thrash' drumming, that many of these songs may have not been as strong as they ended up being.

So now it was time to go into a studio and record these songs.

Now I remember it was summer in Florida, and it was hot. And for some reason every summer - I always get sick!

The one thing I remember about going in to record this demo, was just how fucking sick with the flue I was. I was dripping snot out my nose, my throat was raw and numb, my body ached from head to toe, my skull was pounding and my ass was pissing out diarrhea. And yet despite all that, I still went in the studio and gave it my all!

My voice was so fucked... yet I tried to be as brutal as my sore infected vocal chords would allow! A major part of the vocals I mostly spoke thru... with an occasional death growl thrown in, but mostly I struggled with the vocals. Yet I remebered that this was only meant to be a studio demo not to be released to the public, but rather a demo for the record company only, just so they could hear what the material would sound like. So I felt I didn't have to be signing my usual death growl through out the whole songs.

I remember during parts in the tracks when I wasn't signing, I was blowing my nose in tissues, and inbetween tracks I was running back and forth to the tiolet!!!

The entire demo was recorded live in the studio... no vocal over dubs... no stopping during the songs, just run right thru them... from the top til the end. Then I would take 5 - go blow brown fluid out'a my ass, and right back into the studio to do the next track!

O.k. - so what is now represented on this release is that very same demo, not an full length album, not an E.P., not something that was recorded for Gorque Records, but a demo of six tracks recorded "live" in the studio for only the record company to hear the material. This is it, the mystery recording so many fans have talked about, and so many others never knew existed. Recorded almost 20 years ago in the summer of 1990.

Shortly after recording the "SECOND COMING" demo though, the record company decided that they did not like this direction, and suggested we get the original line up back together and record the original material from the original demos. Seeing as that Terry and Bill were no longer in DEATH after the failed "Spiritial Healing" Tour over in Europe, it would be rather easy to get them back in the MASSACRE line up.

Yet it would be a few weeks inbetween before I would learn what was going on.... suddenly I was cut off from everything. No rehersals, no phone calls, nothing. After a few weeks of hearing nothing and thinking that once more MASSACRE was finished, Rick finally contacted me and told me that he split with Butch and Joey, and Terry and Bill would be reunited with MASSACRE. So then finally, Rick and myself, along with Terry and Billy quickly entered into the studio to record the original material from 1985 - 1987 on the now historical cult classic 1991 album known as - FROM BEYOND.

(Personal note: I never really wanted to ever release this recording. I feel it's a weak misrepresentation of MASSACRE, and an awful performance by me. Yet, because of circumstances that got way beyond my control and the threat that this would eventually get released in some kind of format. I felt an explaination was needed. It has been released... and so I wanted to ad these liner notes to explain it all.)

“Leef met vlag en wimpel, maar houd het simpel’

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 02-02-2008 0:14 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

Cool! Issie al te koop?

The quality of our perceptions determines the quality of our judgement. Our judgement determines how we interact with the world. How we interact with the world changes the world. So, the quality of our perceptions changes the world.

mokka
Usericon van mokka
Posted 02-02-2008 12:19 by mokka Wijzig reactieProfiel van mokkaQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 2 februari 2008 0:14 schreef Mutilator het volgende:
Cool! Issie al te koop?

ja
http://shop-hellsheadbangers.com/item.asp?cID=0&PID=6133

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 24-04-2008 23:04 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

Ik bleek de opname al te hebben...ik heb liever dat ze de From Beyond stijl uitmelken zoals dit jaar op Wacken bijv hehe

De Tegenpartij
Usericon van De Tegenpartij
Posted 21-08-2008 0:38 by De Tegenpartij Wijzig reactieProfiel van De TegenpartijQuote dit berichthttp://www.judgementday.nl

Hm, er staat nu een foto op de myspace van massacre met de tekst massacre rip. En "is it over?".

Ik hoop het niet, in de baroeg waren ze echt ge-wel-dig!

En dat, als ik 'em dan in m'n mond stop en ik bijt, doorbijt, dattie dan zo ineens bwehlehlee whe. Zo loopt, in m'n mond. Dus dat het nat wordt en zoet, in m'n mond. Dát wil ik.

Aaaarco
Usericon van Aaaarco
Posted 21-08-2008 8:11 by Aaaarco Wijzig reactieProfiel van AaaarcoQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 21 augustus 2008 0:38 schreef De Tegenpartij het volgende:
Hm, er staat nu een foto op de myspace van massacre met de tekst massacre rip. En "is it over?".

Ik hoop het niet, in de baroeg waren ze echt ge-wel-dig!

die tour was enkel ter promotie van Denial Fiend, het was van te voren bekend dat Massacre niet door zou gaan toch

In black metal maakt men grapjes over religie... aldus pindakaasruud

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 21-08-2008 14:19 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

In de Baroeg waren ze idd geweldig!! Wat een feest daar zeg; een van de beste concerten van 2007 imo!

Wat Aaaarco zegt idd; Kam Lee wil door met Denial fiend waarvan het album They rise uit gaat komen; Massacre zullen ze waarsch wel weer uit de vriezer halen als blijkt dat geen hond op DF staat te wachten

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door Mutilator op 21-08-2008 23:05]

Sadistic Sinner
Usericon van Sadistic Sinner
Posted 21-08-2008 19:18 by Sadistic Sinner Wijzig reactieProfiel van Sadistic SinnerQuote dit bericht

Zo zal het inderdaad wel weer gaan ik zie Paul Speckmann nog zwaaien met die Denial Fiend c.d.,s in de Baroeg.
Proberen om ze aan de verkoop te krijgen.

De Tegenpartij
Posted 21-08-2008 23:30 by De Tegenpartij Wijzig reactieProfiel van De TegenpartijQuote dit berichthttp://www.judgementday.nl

Hehehe, idd. Als er ergens geld te verdienen valt, dan is speckman in de buurt.

Ik bedoelde eigenlijk dat ze hopelijk er niet voorgoed mee ophouden, ik zou ze graag nog weer een keer zien, ik vond die show echt geweldig. Bangen met mede ouwe lul wannes van pentacle voor het podium

En dat, als ik 'em dan in m'n mond stop en ik bijt, doorbijt, dattie dan zo ineens bwehlehlee whe. Zo loopt, in m'n mond. Dus dat het nat wordt en zoet, in m'n mond. Dát wil ik.

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 25-08-2008 23:44 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

Ik stond vlak achter je Wim, beschonken en al, iig totdat men mij zomaar de lucht in tilde en door t zaaltje liet crowdsurfen (ik had niet zoveel in te brengen zeg maar haha!)

Op Wacken was het ook geweldig; wederom gingen ze finaal in de fout en waren bassdrums wel eens te snel, maar het was geweldig van begin tot eind.

Leuke presentatie van Kam Lee trouwens; eerst vertelt hij over het begluren van pissende wijven via backstage; vervolgens zeurt hij om tieten en als hij ze dan ook krijgt zegt hij tegen die meid zoiets als: "The two guys you're with are gonna fuck ya; one in the ass and one in the pussy; the guy who's smiling now is gonna fuck you in the mouth; the 2 guys next to you are gonna fuck you in your ears and then I'm gonna come and bust your head in, popping your eyes out and skullfuck ya!"

Ook leuk dat hij verklaarde alweer opa te zijn; "You wish your grandpa was as cool and brutal as me!"

Zeer vermakelijk en absoluut de moeite waard!!

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 26-12-2008 0:09 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

quote:
Op 6 december 2003 0:54 schreef webblaster wim het volgende:
hehheh, ik wou alweer een heel verhaal gaan neerpennen, maar dat hoeft nou niet meer.

Kam Lee's tekening uit Comotose zine van rond de tijd van Leprosy zegt ook veel

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door Mutilator op 26-12-2008 0:11]

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 12-01-2009 23:16 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

Mooi: door met Massacre zou ik zo zeggen

Vocalist KAM LEE, Drummer CURTIS BEESON Quit DENIAL FIEND - Jan. 10, 2009

Vocalist Kam Lee (MASSACRE, DEATH, MANTAS) and drummer Curtis Beeson (LOWBROW, FESTER, NASTY SAVAGE) have left Tampa, Florida's DENIAL FIEND.

Commented Kam Lee: "I have decided to leave the band DENIAL FIEND, but it's NOT anything that should be looked at as me leaving 'on bad terms.' I will admit in some recent interviews I painted a pretty bleak picture that may have appeared to be all one-sided, but the truth is it's just simple 'band politics' — that's all. I have heard that DENIAL FIEND will continue on without my involvement, and I really do wish them the best of luck with it.

"I still feel that the album 'They Rise' is a fantastic great album... we had a lot of fun creating it, but for me, personally, somewhere later on that fun began to fade. So it is for the best that I just leave the band... Once more, I wish the band and its members good luck for the future. I will however keep pushing forwards with my 'new' death metal band — BONE GNAWER! We have our full-length debut about to be release sometime soon."

According to a posting on the band's MySpace page, DENIAL FIEND is "not breaking up and plans to start work on a new full-length shortly."

DENIAL FIEND's sole remaining members are bassist Terry Butler (SIX FEET UNDER, ex-MASSACRE, DEATH) and guitarist Sam Williams (DOWN BY LAW, PSEUDO HEROES).

DENIAL FIEND released its debut album, "They Rise", in October 2007 via Ibex Moon Records. The CD, which was recorded at GL Studios in Brandon, Florida, retails with a bonus DVD called "Undead Vision", which is a short documentary/interview disc covering the history of the band members and the Tampa death metal scene, as well as offering more information on the origins of DENIAL FIEND.

DENIAL FIEND's "Dead Awakening" 7" EP was released in May 2007 through Ibex Moon Records. The EP consists of two alternate versions of the tracks "They Rise" and "Cover Me in Blood", which appear on the band's full-length. The pressing is limited to a mere 500 copies.

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door Mutilator op 12-01-2009 23:17]

mokka
Usericon van mokka
Posted 12-01-2009 23:52 by mokka Wijzig reactieProfiel van mokkaQuote dit bericht

Kam Lee gaat door met Bone Gnawer...

Snark
Usericon van Snark
Posted 13-01-2009 8:33 by Snark Wijzig reactieProfiel van SnarkQuote dit bericht

hanekam lee?

mokka
Usericon van mokka
Posted 20-01-2009 18:19 by mokka Wijzig reactieProfiel van mokkaQuote dit bericht

GOED NIEUWS!!!

Kam Lee has announced plans to start auditioning new members for an all new reformation of the band MASSACRE.

Plans are set to do an all new MASSACRE album for the year 2010.

Although... Kam has stated in the past that he was never sure if doing a new MASSACRE album could ever be possible, the demand from the fans worldwide for an all new MASSACRE album can no longer be ignored.

Kam also has stated that he will return MASSACRE to it's roots... returning to both the lyrical content and the musical style as set forth on the album "FROM BEYOND".

Several well known and respected musicians (who also happen to be longtime MASSACRE fan's themselves) have been approuched to take part in this historical event. And onced confirmed - they shall be revealed in time.

For now - 2 new tracks that are being worked on for the album will be titled: "Back From Beyond" and "Return of The Corpse Grinder".

More news to come...

Snark
Usericon van Snark
Posted 20-01-2009 18:30 by Snark Wijzig reactieProfiel van SnarkQuote dit bericht

er zal nu niemand meer mekkeren over het corpsegrinder debacle maar ik vind t wel een beetje goedkope songtitels...

desalwelteplus fijn om te horen dat ze weer iets gaan ondernemen

De Tegenpartij
Posted 20-01-2009 19:16 by De Tegenpartij Wijzig reactieProfiel van De TegenpartijQuote dit berichthttp://www.judgementday.nl

Zeker flauwe titels, ja. Maar kom maar op met die plaat. Wie schreef vroeger eigenlijk de muziek? (geen zin om 't op te gaan zoeken)

En graag weer een europese tour. :-)

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 20-01-2009 19:45 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

Lyrics Lee/ music Rozz; hopelijk haalt het dus wel dat legendarische niveau...

BARABAS
CONTRACOINTELPRO
Usericon van BARABAS
Posted 20-01-2009 20:17 by BARABAS Wijzig reactieProfiel van BARABASQuote dit bericht

De tekeningen van Kam Lee zijn zo te zien niet dertien in dozijn.

Lijst van het spoor 1. "Afvlakken van emoties" Markeerde het begin van een grote stilistische verandering voor de Dood. De werkelijke geluid van het album is veel meer technisch volleerd en progressiever dan eerdere inspanningen van de Dood.

De Tegenpartij
Posted 20-01-2009 20:50 by De Tegenpartij Wijzig reactieProfiel van De TegenpartijQuote dit berichthttp://www.judgementday.nl

quote:
Op 20 januari 2009 19:45 schreef Mutilator het volgende:
Lyrics Lee/ music Rozz; hopelijk haalt het dus wel dat legendarische niveau...

Juist, daar was ik dus al een beetje bang voor.

VM Saldiac
lulhannes
Usericon van VM Saldiac
Posted 20-01-2009 21:27 by VM Saldiac Wijzig reactieProfiel van VM SaldiacQuote dit bericht

Maar Rick Rozz was ook verantwoordelijk voor het enorme misbaksel "Promise".
Dus.

Afwachten wat Kam hier mee gaat doen.

Dit topic is 15 pagina's lang: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Index / Heavy Metal Active topics Nieuw topic Post reply Vorige pagina | Volgende pagina
http://www.zwaremetalen.com