IndexProfielRegistrerenHelpActive TopicsSearch Inloggen
Index / Heavy Metal Nieuw Topic Post Reply
Dit topic is 5 pagina's lang: 1 2 3 4 5
Auteur:
Topic : Legion of the Damned Vorige pagina
holysjit
Usericon van holysjit
Posted 23-05-2011 19:00 by holysjit Wijzig reactieProfiel van holysjitQuote dit berichthttp://www.ragherrie.com

quote:
fter swallowing the departure of guitarist Richard Ebisch a few weeks ago, Legion of the damned got yet another sad news delivered to their camp: ex bassplayer and friend Twan Fleuren commited suicide.

Twan joined the band Occult in 1998 where he directly joined them on a tour with Morbid Angel, Amon Amarth and Gorgoroth in 1999, after the recording of Occult's "Rage to revenge" in 2001 and 2 great tours with Dark Funeral in 2001 and Exodus, Nuclear Assault and Agent Steel in 2003, Twan Fleuren was also at the beginning of the succes of Legion of the damned and recorded with the band the legendary "Elegy for the weak" with Andy Classen in 2003 that was later re-released under the name "Feel the blade" in 2007, as well as the recording of "Malevolent rapture" in 2004, which was released in 2006, the album that brought Legion of the damned to a level where they are in right now.

Twan Fleuren was also part of the first Legion of the damned tour that took place in 2006 with no one less than Kataklysm and Cannibal Corpse, however, Twan left the band half way the tour because his, at that time, baby born son was hospitalized, the band then agreed that it would be better for Twan to leave the band because doing the band and having its family was to complicated at that point, he was then replaced by bassplayer Harold Gielen in 2006.

About Twan's lost singer Maurice states: "Another very sad day in the Legion camp, Twan has been a great friend and we lost contact for several years because he was in some difficult times, only a few weeks back we were all back in contact again and it felt like these great old times were about to return, even Erik and me joined him on a terrace for a beer or 2 a few weeks ago, he even wanted to join us to With Full Force in July, where I was really looking forward to, he even showed alot of intrest in our new guitarplayer and the departure of Richard Ebisch. The bad news that came in today struck as a bomb not for me only personally but also for the band Legion of the damned.

Ofcourse we wish his family and kids all the strength they need in this process. We will miss you brother and ofcourse all of the upcoming Legion of the damned shows will be dedicated in his name!" Drummer Erik announced following: "Yet another sad day in the history of Legion of the damned. We knew that Twan had to face some extreme difficult times, but we certainly did not expect this, he was about to join us at some upcoming festivals and we were really looking forward to that. Maurice and I are happy that we still had a nice chat and drink with him at a terrace not so long ago after a really long time of not seeing eachother, rest in peace my friend and my sincere condolences to his family"

Andy Siry / Boomer Entertainment (management) states: "When Maurice informed me this afternoon that Twan commited suicide I was totally shocked and speechless. I remember when I met Twan at the first LEGION OF THE DAMNED tour in 2006 (with Cannibal Corpse, Kataklysm). Twan was a very kind and nice man and a good bass player. Our ‚beer talks' was always funny. Twan made the decision to leave the band during this tour to take care of his wife and his two kids … and now this terrible news … and the big open question is ofcourse why??? What moves through us is a silence, a quiet sadness, a longing for one more day, one more word, one more touch, we cannot understand why Twan left this earth so soon, but little by little, we will begin to remember not just that Twan died, but that he lived. And that his life gave us memories too beautiful to forget. Twan will always stay a member of the LEGION OF THE DAMNED! RIP – brother , see you on the other side, and my condolances to Cristel, Nina & Joep & his family."

Blackie
Usericon van Blackie
Posted 23-05-2011 19:06 by Blackie Wijzig reactieProfiel van BlackieQuote dit bericht

Kut

Morridin
SchorrieMorrie
Usericon van Morridin
Posted 05-01-2014 19:51 by Morridin Wijzig reactieProfiel van MorridinQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

Jeuzus, deze moet van verre komen.

Nieuwe schijf is erg goed te pruimen, ramt verdomd lekker weg

Buried
Usericon van Buried
Posted 05-01-2014 23:30 by Buried (Speciaal lid) Wijzig reactieProfiel van BuriedQuote dit bericht

Malevolent Rapture is nog steeds hun beste. Vind al hun latere albums maar een wat flauw aftreksel hiervan, het ene al wat beter dan het andere.

holysjit
Usericon van holysjit
Posted 06-01-2014 0:05 by holysjit Wijzig reactieProfiel van holysjitQuote dit berichthttp://www.ragherrie.com

Ja, je raakt wat verzadigd na al die jaren, hoewel die nieuwe lekker beukt zeg...

cataclysm child
Usericon van cataclysm child
Posted 06-01-2014 0:18 by cataclysm child Wijzig reactieProfiel van cataclysm childQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 5 januari 2014 23:30 schreef Buried het volgende:
Malevolent Rapture is nog steeds hun beste. Vind al hun latere albums maar een wat flauw aftreksel hiervan, het ene al wat beter dan het andere.

Sons of The Jackal vond ik ook nog meer dan prima. Maar dan ging het met Cult of The Dead plots wel heel steil bergaf. Live ook helemaal niet goed meer tegenwoordig. Vooral Maurice z'n stem begint een pijnpunt te worden lijkt me.

Faustian Spirit of the Earth

Buried
Usericon van Buried
Posted 06-01-2014 0:27 by Buried (Speciaal lid) Wijzig reactieProfiel van BuriedQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 6 januari 2014 0:18 schreef cataclysm child het volgende:
Sons of The Jackal vond ik ook nog meer dan prima. Maar dan ging het met Cult of The Dead plots wel heel steil bergaf. Live ook helemaal niet goed meer tegenwoordig. Vooral Maurice z'n stem begint een pijnpunt te worden lijkt me.

Letterlijk een pijnpunt eerder, lijkt me niet dat die kerel een goeie techniek heeft. Nog nooit live gezien overigens, muzikaal zal het wel niet slecht zijn

cataclysm child
Usericon van cataclysm child
Posted 06-01-2014 0:33 by cataclysm child Wijzig reactieProfiel van cataclysm childQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 6 januari 2014 0:27 schreef Buried het volgende:
Letterlijk een pijnpunt eerder, lijkt me niet dat die kerel een goeie techniek heeft. Nog nooit live gezien overigens, muzikaal zal het wel niet slecht zijn

Laatste keren dat ik ze zag (2012 denk ik) was het muzikaal zelfs niet al te best. En Maurice z'n vocals waren tenenkrommend zwak. Terwijl ze vroeger live toch best prima prestaties neerzetten, vond ik.

Faustian Spirit of the Earth

Buried
Usericon van Buried
Posted 06-01-2014 0:40 by Buried (Speciaal lid) Wijzig reactieProfiel van BuriedQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 6 januari 2014 0:33 schreef cataclysm child het volgende:
Laatste keren dat ik ze zag (2012 denk ik) was het muzikaal zelfs niet al te best. En Maurice z'n vocals waren tenenkrommend zwak. Terwijl ze vroeger live toch best prima prestaties neerzetten, vond ik.

Staan dit jaar op Graspop als ik me het goed herinner, kan dan zelf een oordeel vellen. Hopelijk trekt het dan wel op iets!

Mutilator
SPILL YER GUTS !!!!!! (Extra gore mod)
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 14-08-2020 21:07 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

The quality of our perceptions determines the quality of our judgement. Our judgement determines how we interact with the world. How we interact with the world changes the world. So, the quality of our perceptions changes the world.

Dit topic is 5 pagina's lang: 1 2 3 4 5
Index / Heavy Metal Active topics Nieuw topic Post reply Vorige pagina
http://www.zwaremetalen.com