IndexProfielRegistrerenHelpActive TopicsSearch Inloggen
Index / Heavy Metal Nieuw Topic
Dit topic is 40 pagina's lang:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Auteur:
Topic : King Diamond Vorige pagina | Volgende pagina
nark
Nieuwe spellin, aude spelling, coronaspelling....
Usericon van nark
Posted 31-05-2013 18:16 by nark Profiel van nark

Nieuwe spellin, aude spelling, coronaspelling....

De Tegenpartij
Usericon van De Tegenpartij
Posted 01-06-2013 22:05 by De Tegenpartij Profiel van De Tegenpartijhttp://www.judgementday.nl

quote:
Op 31 mei 2013 18:16 schreef nark het volgende:
http://www.pledgemusic.com/widgets/6204

Hele kleine verschilletjes, paar maar. Gaaf gedaan, zeg!

En dat, als ik 'em dan in m'n mond stop en ik bijt, doorbijt, dattie dan zo ineens bwehlehlee whe. Zo loopt, in m'n mond. Dus dat het nat wordt en zoet, in m'n mond. Dát wil ik.

Hypnos
Godmadeself
Usericon van Hypnos
Posted 11-02-2014 17:12 by Hypnos (Hoofdredacteur) Profiel van Hypnos

kent iemand dit?

signature

spectre
Usericon van spectre
Posted 13-02-2014 10:12 by spectre Profiel van spectre

Interview '87

Ik ben een romanticus en zo'n James Bond sigaret lijkt mij wel wat

De Tegenpartij
Posted 15-02-2014 0:17 by De Tegenpartij Profiel van De Tegenpartijhttp://www.judgementday.nl

Tsjongejongejonge, tenenkrommend en zo. King slaat zich er goed doorheen, maar wat wil je, met zo'n bazensnor.

Deze is mij bij gebleven.

"I didn't recognize you with the make-up on" oid.

En dat, als ik 'em dan in m'n mond stop en ik bijt, doorbijt, dattie dan zo ineens bwehlehlee whe. Zo loopt, in m'n mond. Dus dat het nat wordt en zoet, in m'n mond. Dát wil ik.

Brent_
Usericon van Brent_
Posted 07-03-2014 15:20 by Brent_ Profiel van Brent_

Staat dit jaar wederom in Tilburg (30 juli). Vvk start morgen: http://www.013.nl/event/4653_king_diamond

"We're all looking very much forward to come back to Tilburg this summer. It will be one of three preparation shows for our Wacken Open Air performance, and it will consist of the full Wacken show, meaning, it's going to be different from last year's Tilburg show, including a different set list and new special effects. All in all, we will actually only be playing 5 shows total in Europe this year. We're in the process of building a new studio in my home, and will be spending most of 2014 getting it up and running and writing new material. I hope to see you at the 013 on July 30th. It will be worth it." - King Diamond

Reynaerde
Usericon van Reynaerde
Posted 08-03-2014 0:41 by Reynaerde Profiel van Reynaerdehttp://last.fm/user/EternalDawn

Vorig jaar moeten missen omdat ik die week op vakantie was, dus hopelijk dit jaar een herkansing.

Bub
Doomed by the living dead!
Usericon van Bub
Posted 19-07-2014 12:58 by Bub Profiel van Bub

Zoals te lezen op facebook...

quote:
Hal Patino has been relieved of his duties with King Diamond, for reasons very similar to why he was fired from the band in 1990.

This will have NO negative impact on our upcoming shows whatsoever.
On the contrary.

King

In 1990 werd Hal uit de band gezet i.v.m. drugs problemen.
En nu dus blijkbaar (helaas) weer.

Ik heb hem een paar keer ontmoet en het is een superaardige gast.
Zeer jammer.

Timi "Grabber" Hansen mag van mij nu wel weer terug.

bub

Natural Disaster
The Dude
Usericon van Natural Disaster
Posted 22-07-2014 22:22 by Natural Disaster Profiel van Natural Disasterhttp://www.nu.nl

Dit is wat King er zelf over te zeggen heeft:

quote:
KING DIAMOND – THE TRUTH

When someone puts out extreme lies about you and your character, there comes a time when you put a stop to it.

This is that time.

In the following, I will prove everything I say and I challenge Hal Patino to do the same with what he said.

HAL'S STATEMENT: „I will not go into every detail, but the salary I was offered to headline Wacken Open Air, and the 4 other shows this summer was totally ridiculous.

Two days before the first rehearsal day, I wrote an e-mail explaining my view on that topic along with a proposal for a fair and realistic salary for these shows, For this, they accused me of’ "blackmailing" !!!

I found it disrespectful, and told them that if that is how I get treated after 19 years, we part immediately !!

So I already left the band on Thursday the 17th of July, by my own choice.”

First of all, I have no problem disclosing the band salary for the European shows. For these 5 shows, it is €1000 per festival show. This salary does not include per diems for days not played on (which is on top of the salary), plus all shipping, travel, maintenance, strings, drum sticks, insurance, hotel; in short, the company bears all expenses.

We do not headline Wacken Open Air. In reality, we don't even headline the Black Stage. Sometimes the headliner is not the last band playing on a specific stage. As far as I know, Motorhead playing right before us are the headliner for Friday August 1st on the Black Stage.

After them, Slayer plays on the Main Stage and they are the Wacken headliner for Friday. Then we cool everything down on the Black Stage from midnight.

I don't remember who cools down the Main Stage after us.

I'm not gonna get into details on how our registered company in Denmark is run, but it's a full company with year round expenses, and if it wasn't for Wacken this year, I could guarantee that there wouldn't be a US tour in the autumn.

The two indoor shows in Berlin and Tilburg are straight losses, even if sold out.

On top of this comes EVERYTHING involved in a tour and our company is unfortunately not at the level of Megadeth, Slayer, etc, and can only offer what's possible.

We can't go and get loans in the bank to pay Hal's salary, however minor it may seem.

If Hal didn’t find that satisfactory, no one kept him from leaving. I just wish he hadn’t brought this up on the very day/evening I arrived in Denmark (17th of July). He’s had an entire year to think about this, and he brings it up now.

An important fact with regard to the salaries is that the entire crew and band from last year’s European tour is identical to both the European shows we’re about to do now and the US shows later this year, except for Hal.

It seems everybody is satisfied with what the company can offer at this point, except for Hal.

It doesn’t interest me one way or another whether Hal quit the band or he was asked to leave. It’s exactly the same result.

It is interesting though that Hal shipped his gear at the company’s expense to the rehearsal facilities on the very date (17th of July) when he claims that he quit the band. We have the receipt for that with stamped date. You can also see in his official statement that he says that he was willing to try to fly in for some of the early rehearsals from Norway. We’re talking after the 17th of July, which again, doesn’t make sense. Why would he want to try to arrange to fly in for rehearsals from Norway after he already quit the band?

HAL'S STATEMENT: „It’s typical King to say that I’m fired - he did the same to me back in 1990 when he told the press that I was kicked out of the band due to lack of enthusiasm and drug problems.

That was NOT the reason … It was just Too much touring, King got dropped by Roadrunner Records, and I wanted to go in another direction.

He did the same to my best friends Mikkey Dee and Pete Blakk.”

These are extremely insulting and pathetic lies.

First of all, would Hal EVER have come back to play for King Diamond if I had lied to the press about him being fired in 1990 due to drug problems?

Hal was taken back into the band, sometime after he had asked us in 2000 (I believe it was) at one of our rehearsals, which he was attending with his son, if he could ever get another chance. He swore he was totally clean and that he didn’t even drink anymore.

This, back then, made him a true hero to me, but this has of course changed now. I just don’t trust him enough anymore to rely on his contributions.

Next, can anybody explain to me what it means when Hal says that the reason he was fired was instead „too much touring”? What does this mean? When did anyone ever get fired for too much touring??

I would like Hal to present the letter from Roadrunner saying they were dropping us from the label, if he can. This is another outright lie.

Most of you already know that we bought our way out of Roadrunner by delivering to them „King Diamond Abigail LIVE 1987”, plus „Mercyful Fate – Return of the Vampire”. I also have the contract to prove this, and will gladly scan it in for all to see when I return to Dallas.

The whole problem with trust culminated while we were in the studio recording The Eye, at which time Ole Bang, Andy LaRocque and myself can vouch to the fact that Hal Patino was not to be found anywhere when he was supposed to lay down bass tracks. No one could find him, no matter how many phone calls we placed.

We ended up spending seven days watching the walls of expensive Sweet Silence studios in Denmark with absolutely nothing to do but sit and hope that Hal Patino would show up at some point.

This is actually part of the reason why we had to buy our way out from the Roadrunner contract. We were so under recouped that the label, with good reason I guess, wanted to take the over expenditure off our next recording budget.

This was simply not an option if we were to continue as a band at the time.

Seriously Hal, how dare you accuse me of having fired Mikkey Dee?! You might have forgotten, but both Andy and I remember very well Mikkey coming by Sweet Silence studios during The Eye recordings to play us the new Dokken album, which he had just recorded with them.

I have never uttered a bad word about Mikkey, whom I’ve always had the highest respect for, both as a drummer and as a person. And he knows that.

Pete Blakk had some problems like you during the recording of The Eye and the US tour prior to that, which at the time made him unreliable. A situation I think everybody knows he took care of in a very noble way.

HAL'S STATEMENT: „I am in Norway at the moment and will play two live shows with my other band, I told the KD camp that I would be able to fly back and forth so I did not miss the two first rehearsals - and the next thing I read is a statement from King where it says that I'm fired.”

Again, how is it possible to fire someone who has already quit???

LAST...

I would like to address Hal, if he reads this.

Personally, I don’t care if it says you quit, was let go, or whatever with regards to what has happened, but we will obviously never be working together again. There is no trust left.

We can stop it at that, or you can continue if you want, just don’t forget that I know so many of the people you associate with just as well as you, and I know what’s going on in your life.

Your real problem is really not what we’ve been talking about these past couple of days, right?

You know, in the end, I’m really trying to be nice about this.

King

Rule #6 | Op 13 augustus 2021 22:26 schreef Eindbaas het volgende: "Het stelletje dwazen dat klakkeloos alles overneemt uit boekjes en dan denken te weten hoe de wereld in elkaar zit."

Bub
Usericon van Bub
Posted 22-07-2014 23:51 by Bub Profiel van Bub

Ik had het allemaal gelezen.
Leuk en aardig maar eigenlijk wil ik het allemaal niet weten. dat intern geouwehoer.

Hoe dan ook.
Nieuwe bassist is Pontus Egberg.

Zit of zat ook in bandjes als The Poodles en Lion's Share.

bub

Natural Disaster
The Dude
Usericon van Natural Disaster
Posted 22-07-2014 23:52 by Natural Disaster Profiel van Natural Disasterhttp://www.nu.nl

Hij heeft wel poedelkrullen.

Rule #6 | Op 13 augustus 2021 22:26 schreef Eindbaas het volgende: "Het stelletje dwazen dat klakkeloos alles overneemt uit boekjes en dan denken te weten hoe de wereld in elkaar zit."

Lampje
Usericon van Lampje
Posted 23-07-2014 13:50 by Lampje Profiel van Lampje

Ik dacht dat die bassist alleen even als stand-in was ingehuurd. Maar aan de andere kant, Hal Patino werd natuurlijk ook gewoon ingehuurd, is eigenlijk gewoon een 0-uren contract om het maar zo te zeggen. Hetzelfde geldt voor Mike Wead en die drummer.

Het is tenslotte gewoon een bedrijf, zoals vele bands die al wat langer meedraaien. Waarmee ik overigens absoluut niet zeg dat de leden er geen plezier in hebben en het alleen voor het geld doen, ik zeg daarmee alleen dat het naast een hobby ook werk is. En er moet ook brood op de plank komen.

En bekijk het vanuit dat opzicht eens naar het verhaal Patino vs het bedrijf King Diamond. Ik denk dat het bedrijf KD een erg mooie gage neerlegt voor een aantal dagen werk in het buitenland. 5000 USD netto, da's toch echt niet verkeerd, lijkt me. Ik zou er in ieder geval niet over zeuren dat het veel te weinig is hoor ! Ik denk dat heer Patino toch nog een beetje teveel sterallures heeft, King heeft gewoon al lang in de gaten dat een band hebben hetzelfde is als een bedrijf runnen, en dat niets vanuit de lucht komt vallen.
Maar moddergooien is ook niet nodig.

lampje

spectre
Usericon van spectre
Posted 23-07-2014 14:55 by spectre Profiel van spectre

Hal gooit, King blokt gewoon.

Ik ben een romanticus en zo'n James Bond sigaret lijkt mij wel wat

De Tegenpartij
Posted 30-09-2014 20:51 by De Tegenpartij Profiel van De Tegenpartijhttp://www.judgementday.nl

Danish heavy metal singer King Diamond has revealed to Full Metal Jackie that a comprehensive "best-of" collection from his namesake band will be made available on November 11 via Metal Blade Records.

The musician, who is also working on a new studio album from KING DIAMOND, says: "Metal Blade got the chance, through getting some of licenses from Roadrunner — well, Roadrunner is under Warner — so they got some licenses from them to actually release some vinyl of the old Roadrunner stuff, but also to do a best-of [collection]. And that's something that's coming out, a genuine best-of that is spanning the entire KING DIAMOND career. So there is one disc that is only Roadrunner material, one disc that is Metal Blade, but it's [being] released through Metal Blade, the whole thing. And it sounds amazing."

He added: "We went back to before all the remastering that was done on our stuff and got back to the original stuff and could tweak that. And you hear things that you… If you [got into the band] later on, you could only buy certain versions of the albums these days. And they don't all sound the way I would like [them] to sound. And now we got the chance to actually select the songs ourselves, me and Andy, and we worked on them hardcore with this new gear to get them as optimal as possible. And they sound very close to how they originally sounded. You will hear things you can't hear on the versions you can buy today."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/king-diamond-best-of-collection-due-next-year/

Een complete betere versie van fatal portrait lijkt mij wel wat. Altijd een beetje raar geluid gevonden, dof ofzo.

edit. O. Ik had het over mijn lp versie uit 19 lang geleden. Die hoort dus zo te klinken, oeps.

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door De Tegenpartij op 30-09-2014 20:53]

Onweerwolf
Born Again!
Usericon van Onweerwolf
Posted 30-09-2014 21:01 by Onweerwolf Profiel van Onweerwolf

Een best of, boeiend.

Ik heb sowieso een hekel aan van die opgepoetste versies.

"Ja zo hoorde het altijd al te klinken".

Oh? Dus ik heb al die jaren genoten van prutswerk?

Flikker maar mooi op, Kim.

Op 24 november 2016 16:00 schreef F.Jacobse het volgende: Ik vind het veels te plat.

De Tegenpartij
Posted 30-09-2014 21:06 by De Tegenpartij Profiel van De Tegenpartijhttp://www.judgementday.nl

quote:
Op 30 september 2014 21:01 schreef Onweerwolf het volgende:

Oh? Dus ik heb al die jaren genoten van prutswerk?

Je hebt een punt, maar ik wil het wel horen.

edit. fail 2. Ik heb alles gewoon gekocht toen het uitkwam.

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door De Tegenpartij op 30-09-2014 21:09]

Bub
Usericon van Bub
Posted 28-10-2014 10:25 by Bub Profiel van Bub

Die best off toch maar besteld...want ja, ik moet hem natuurlijk wel hebben...al was het maar voor mijn collectie.

Vinyl is er (nog) niet maar wel op cd te pre-orderen bij large met een kalender of gewoon cd.
In de UK / US met t-shirt.

UK release maar besteld (kleine 40 euro, incl) want ik wil dat t-shirt erbij hebben.

http://www.metalblade.com/kingdiamond/

Of het nu allemaal beter klinkt...tja.
Sommige release (The Graveyard, House Of God, Voodoo en The Spider's Lullabye) waren al onderhanden genomen door Andy La Rocque dus waarschijnlijk diezelfde versies?
The Graveyard klinkt bijvoorbeeld wel iets voller (meer bas) ten opzichte van de originele release.

bub

MR. N
Envy is the ulcer of the soul.
Usericon van MR. N
Posted 19-11-2014 19:01 by MR. N Profiel van MR. Nhttp://www.herrierecordsinc,com

Boeiender

XXL
Xenofobe analfabeet.
Usericon van XXL
Posted 19-11-2014 19:22 by XXL Profiel van XXL

quote:

and a water park that will use over 666,000 gallons of tea for excited kids and parents to splash around in.

:')

Complete tokkie die lijdt aan zware zelfoverschatting.

De Tegenpartij
Posted 19-11-2014 20:48 by De Tegenpartij Profiel van De Tegenpartijhttp://www.judgementday.nl

“With studios acquiring multi-billion dollar franchises like Star Wars, Marvel and Harry Potter, it was a no-brainer that King Diamond would be the next in line,” says Ronald Meyer, CEO of Universal Studios. “It’s a positive message to kids about supernatural and paranormal phenomenon. We finally have a fun and exciting vehicle to expose children at an early age to the social and economic benefits of devil worship.”

Early promotional events will include “Nuns Have Fun Day” where nuns get in for half price and are allowed a day long bottomless cup of “Melissa Slurpies”. Affordable family packages that, according to the park brochure “won’t cost an arm and a leg…just a soul”, will go on sale next month.

bazzio
opa lives!
Usericon van bazzio
Posted 19-11-2014 22:02 by bazzio Profiel van bazzio

wtf?

Bazzio Attacks!!!

Bub
Usericon van Bub
Posted 19-11-2014 22:03 by Bub Profiel van Bub

quote:
Op 19 november 2014 19:01 schreef MR. N het volgende:
http://tyrannyoftradition.com/2014/11/19/universal-studios-to-break-ground-on-1-3-billion-dollar-king-diamond-them-park-next-year/

Like echt waar?

Dit was bij mij al bekend. NOT!

Maar leuk artikel!

bub

De Vieze Man
Usericon van De Vieze Man
Posted 02-07-2015 19:43 by De Vieze Man Profiel van De Vieze Man

Sorry, maar ik moést hem gewoon posten.

VIESPEUK!!!

De Vieze Man
Posted 25-07-2015 20:39 by De Vieze Man Profiel van De Vieze Man

Geen fan van tim 'ripper' owens, maar hij doet het best goed, imo.

VIESPEUK!!!

De Vieze Man
Posted 31-07-2015 19:47 by De Vieze Man Profiel van De Vieze Man

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/king-diamond-to-perform-entire-abigail-album-on-upcoming-tour/

KING DIAMOND will make a special announcement on August 3 — one day after the completion of the band's participation in this year's edition of the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival. Although no details have yet been revealed, speculation is that KING DIAMOND will perform its classic second album, 1987's concept effort "Abigail", in its entirety on an upcoming tour.

A post was made earlier today on the official KING DIAMOND Facebook page featuring the cover artwork of the "Abigail" LP, along with the following caption: "ATTENTION EVERYONE!!! Keep an eye out for some major news on August 3rd."

Asked by Metal Injection earlier this month if there is a chance of KING DIAMOND ever performing "Abigail" in full, the band's guitarist, Andy La Rocque, smiled and said (see video below): "It might happen. I can't really tell you any, you know, details about it, but, yeah…"

Dat zou heel vet zijn.

VIESPEUK!!!

Dit topic is 40 pagina's lang:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Index / Heavy Metal Active topics Nieuw topic Vorige pagina | Volgende pagina
http://www.zwaremetalen.com