IndexProfielRegistrerenHelpActive TopicsSearch Inloggen
Index / Heavy Metal Nieuw Topic
Auteur:
Topic : Strapping Young Lad stopt?!
Ethereal
Rawr.
Usericon van Ethereal
Posted 11-05-2007 13:59 by Ethereal Profiel van Etherealhttp://www.captainalbatross.nl

Bron: Metalstorm.ee

quote:
It has been reported that Devin Townsend has announced during a Ziltoid the Omniscient press conference that he has put an end to Strapping Young Lad and The Devin Townsend Band, and that he shall do no more tours in the future. He will though apparently continue to release solo music.

"Yesterday InsideOut Music and the Tora! Company held an exclusive media showcase for the new Devin Townsend solo album Ziltoid The Omniscient, including an appearance and Q&A session with the man himself. This turned out to not in fact include a musical performance from Devin, but a hilarious puppet show using Devin's superb hand-made rubber Ziltoid puppet he uses in the videos on the Ziltoid MySpace page, and held a press conference from a booth on the stage of the Underworld in Camden, London.

Ziltoid took questions from the audience and during his answers he mentioned Devin would be moving into the mountains, never to be seen from again.

The audience thought it was part of the Ziltoid act, but after a while a tired looking Townsend emerged and confirmed that he is, indeed, quitting and moving to a remote town in Northern Canada.

He plans to continue to make "a ton of music", some of which will be heavy, some ambient, like his other new CD The Hummer, and everything in between. He's going to build a new studio at his new house, and will be keeping his studio in Vancouver where he produces other bands. So every now and again a Devin Townsend album will emerge, possibly on the internet, but he won't tour and won't be doing any other kind of public appearances, like interviews etc.

Eight months ago he and his wife had their first child, Reyner Liam Johnstan Townsend, and his arrival has accelerated Devin's decision to back away from the limelight, but is not the sole reason for it. He said these are feelings he's had for some time, and is just so tired of touring and doing interviews and being the focus of things. He also said he's tired of Strapping Young Lad. The last tour was a real struggle for him to muster any enthusiasm, mostly because SYL was initially created to vent all his frustrations, which no longer exist. He's not the angry early-twenties nutter anymore. He's a mellow mid-thirties nutter, and doesn't feel the need to be screaming at everyone.

So, Strapping Young Lad is over for good. So is the Devin Townsend Band. Devin's music will be made solo from now on, and he will continue to produce other peoples' music, but will not tour."

Source: jukebo.cx
Band profile: Devin Townsend

Hoop dat het niet waar is

Hi! I'm a signature virus. Please copy me into your sig to help me spread.

MMayo
Whut?
Usericon van MMayo
Posted 11-05-2007 14:01 by MMayo Profiel van MMayo

Kut!

Audiophile
ZM Dominee
Usericon van Audiophile
Posted 11-05-2007 14:01 by Audiophile Profiel van Audiophilehttp://www.last.fm/user/AudiophileXL

Inderdaad, kutband, mooi!

kwelgeest
en de ladyboys
Usericon van kwelgeest
Posted 11-05-2007 14:01 by kwelgeest Profiel van kwelgeest

En dit feestelijke bericht kanm niet gewoon in de Straping Young Gay topic?

Niet gehinderd door kennis over daklozen, alleenstaande moeders, minderheden en sociale achterstand. http://www.last.fm/user/kwellie

Spirit In Black
Usericon van Spirit In Black
Posted 11-05-2007 14:01 by Spirit In Black Profiel van Spirit In Black

was toch allang bekend?

MMayo
Whut?
Usericon van MMayo
Posted 11-05-2007 14:02 by MMayo Profiel van MMayo

quote:
Op 11 mei 2007 14:01 schreef Spirit In Black het volgende:
was toch allang bekend?

Ja? Oh. Wissikniej!

quote:
Op 11 mei 2007 14:01 schreef Audiophile het volgende:
Inderdaad, kutband, mooi!

Kutband? Nee man!

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door MMayo op 11-05-2007 14:02]

Ethereal
Rawr.
Usericon van Ethereal
Posted 11-05-2007 14:04 by Ethereal Profiel van Etherealhttp://www.captainalbatross.nl

quote:
Op 11 mei 2007 14:01 schreef Spirit In Black het volgende:
was toch allang bekend?

Nope, Devin zou een pauze nemen.. Nu blijkt dus (als dit inderdaad waar is) dat hij er definitief mee stopt

Hi! I'm a signature virus. Please copy me into your sig to help me spread.

Count Usher
"The Beige Sisters of Premenstrual Agony."
Usericon van Count Usher
Posted 11-05-2007 14:05 by Count Usher (Redacteur) Profiel van Count Usher

Right now, Devin is burnt out from touring and interviews. He's moving his house, and plans to make more music in the future. As for now though, Dev needs to get away from it all.

When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.

Illusione
Boeiend!
Usericon van Illusione
Posted 11-05-2007 14:13 by Illusione (Speciaal lid) Profiel van Illusione

Dus.

[Deze realiteit is gemodereerd door Illusione op 28 juni 2009] 'I'm sorry, Wendy, but I just don't trust anything that bleeds for four days and doesn't die.'

Index / Heavy Metal Active topics Nieuw topic
http://www.zwaremetalen.com