Index / Algemeen Nieuw Topic Post Reply
Auteur:
Topic : Megadeth Gigantour 2008
XXL
Xenofobe analfabeet.
Usericon van XXL
Posted 22-12-2007 12:35 by XXL Wijzig reactieProfiel van XXLQuote dit bericht

DAVE MUSTAINE: Next Year's GIGANTOUR To Feature Five Bands - Dec. 22, 2007
MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has posted the following message on the Gigantour forum:

"As some of you may have heard on last week's 'Rockline' with Bob Coburn, I kind of alluded to a great Japanese magazine that I love talking to called Burrrn! (not a typo) and I gave them a little taste of something about Gigantour 2008's line-up. Well, Bob asked me again about the line-up and I playfully mentioned some more 'stuff.' And although I did not actually confirm or deny it, as of yesterday, we are officially on our way! I am happy to say that yesterday I did a cover story photo-shoot with the frontmen of the other bands of this year's 'helluva line-up!' at my upcoming heavy metal festival and I think we had a pretty kewl afternoon.

"And as Gigantour grows, it is continuing to develop the 'roll' part of 'rock and roll.' The breaking news is we are going to have five bands this year, instead of eight. The decision to drop it down from eight bands to five was based on timing, set lengths, stage sizes, unions, and most importantly allowing 'us' — the musicians — to deliver to 'you' — the fans — the best shows we can. Besides it is easier to remember five bands' and crews' worth of names than eight.

"It is pretty much not a secret anymore who the bands are, but we are still going to 'officially' announce the line-up as soon as our business partners return from the holidays, and their celebrating putting together such a great line-up this year!

"We will be announcing shortly after that when and where our Gigantour baseball game is going to happen. You may remember that for the last two years of successfully 'Gigantouring' North America, that we had played a softball game each year and gathered food for the homeless and provided meals for the shelters for delivery to homes, as well as providing our gloves and other baseball artifacts, uniforms and equipment to charity for auction. In 2005 and 2006 the charity of choice was Mr. Holland's Opus. This charity provides musical instruments for underprivileged children. We will be providing info for our choice for the baseball games charity to support this year.

"So, to the guys I met yesterday (and in some cases before) _____, _____, ___, and ______ and their management and crew from yesterdays photo shoot for Revolver, I will see you guys soon and be sure and check out what these great guitarist and bands have to say here in their chats, posts, blogs, podcasts, and video footage (if any).

"I am still hopeful that we will be able to video tape this year's Gigantour, but after the last one and the way it finished, I think that my people are not as open-minded to going through that whole ordeal again. Cross your fingers though. I always keep trying, that is why it seems like I win a lot. I do win a lot, it's just I have a lot of defeats too; and I don't dwell on them or try to let you know of them.

"We will be launching the new face of the site soon too, so stay tuned for that. And we will be announcing something that happened at the end of this year too, that will no doubt provide many new and exciting possibilities for us. I will be referring back to this post and the day 12.18 when we do make our announcement.

"Until then, I love you guys, and have a great Christmas, and Kwanzaa, and I hope that you had a great Hanukkah!"

Next year's Gigantour will kick off in April and will feature MEGADETH alongside IN FLAMES, CHILDREN OF BODOM and JOB FOR A COWBOY, plus one more act.

Complete tokkie die lijdt aan zware zelfoverschatting.

Skyggesang
Avant-garde
Usericon van Skyggesang
Posted 22-12-2007 13:58 by Skyggesang Wijzig reactieProfiel van SkyggesangQuote dit berichthttp://www.baldrsdraumar.com

*kuchunholyalliancekuch*

Sdonasa
Usericon van Sdonasa
Posted 22-12-2007 14:20 by Sdonasa Wijzig reactieProfiel van SdonasaQuote dit bericht

Nou al 1 mooie naam in de Gigantour dan... Megadeth zelf...
Hopen dat Evile door de stemming heen is gekomen van laatst. (Ik neem aan dat dat hiervoor was) Dan zouden er al 2 mooie bands zijn

You're running in circles

Tenderstrike
Nailed.Dead.Risen.
Usericon van Tenderstrike
Posted 22-12-2007 14:25 by Tenderstrike Wijzig reactieProfiel van TenderstrikeQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 22 december 2007 14:20 schreef Sdonasa het volgende:
Hopen dat Evile door de stemming heen is gekomen van laatst. (Ik neem aan dat dat hiervoor was) Dan zouden er al 2 mooie bands zijn

Nee, dat is voor de Europese tour in februari.

EDIT: Deze tour is alleen in Noord-Amerika toch, of mis ik iets?

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door Tenderstrike op 22-12-2007 14:27]

Rotzak
Usericon van Rotzak
Posted 22-12-2007 14:30 by Rotzak Wijzig reactieProfiel van RotzakQuote dit berichthttp://www.meatspin.com

quote:
Op 22 december 2007 14:20 schreef Sdonasa het volgende:
Nou al 1 mooie naam in de Gigantour dan... Megadeth zelf...

1 Goede naam ja, de rest van de bands wil ik nog niet eens over heen schijten zo kut.

Against God and Government

MetalTuupLimburg
Usericon van MetalTuupLimburg
Posted 22-12-2007 15:00 by MetalTuupLimburg Wijzig reactieProfiel van MetalTuupLimburgQuote dit berichthttp://www.last.fm/user/KayMeertens

Afgelopen jaar waren er nog plannen om in 2008 ook met die Gigantour naar Europa te komen met bands als Megadeth, Slayer, Testament, Exodus en Anthrax (als ik het rijtje goed heb onthouden, misschien droom ik er nu zelf eentje bij). Leek me al te mooi om waar te zijn...

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door MetalTuupLimburg op 22-12-2007 15:01]

Sdonasa
Usericon van Sdonasa
Posted 22-12-2007 15:40 by Sdonasa Wijzig reactieProfiel van SdonasaQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 22 december 2007 14:25 schreef Tenderstrike het volgende:
Nee, dat is voor de Europese tour in februari.

EDIT: Deze tour is alleen in Noord-Amerika toch, of mis ik iets?

oh ok. Dan hoop ik dat ze daarvoor erbij komen
En wat hierboven wordt gezegd is inderdaad te geil om waar te zijn

You're running in circles

endarkend
HxC
Usericon van endarkend
Posted 25-12-2007 16:51 by endarkend Wijzig reactieProfiel van endarkendQuote dit berichthttp://www.f1-club.be

Heb megadeth in mei gezien, vond het eerlijkgezegd een beetje een teleurstelling. Ritmegitarist was te dronken om iets juist te spelen. De intro van Kill The King trok ook op niets. Was eigenlijk toch gekomen voor Paul Gilbert en Golden Earring.

Judge M.
Lord of Metal
Usericon van Judge M.
Posted 25-12-2007 16:54 by Judge M. Wijzig reactieProfiel van Judge M.Quote dit berichthttp://www.lordsofmetal.nl

quote:
Op 22 december 2007 15:00 schreef MetalTuupLimburg het volgende:
Afgelopen jaar waren er nog plannen om in 2008 ook met die Gigantour naar Europa te komen met bands als Megadeth, Slayer, Testament, Exodus en Anthrax (als ik het rijtje goed heb onthouden, misschien droom ik er nu zelf eentje bij). Leek me al te mooi om waar te zijn...

Index / Algemeen Active topics Nieuw topic Post reply
http://www.zwaremetalen.com