IndexProfielRegistrerenHelpActive TopicsSearch Inloggen
Index / Heavy Metal Nieuw Topic Post Reply
Dit topic is 2 pagina's lang: 1 2
Auteur:
Topic : Woe (Black Metal) *** Vorige pagina
Ascendant Grotesque
Usericon van Ascendant Grotesque
Posted 13-05-2011 22:01 by Ascendant Grotesque (Speciaal lid) Wijzig reactieProfiel van Ascendant GrotesqueQuote dit bericht

Bedankt voor de vertaling

I wish I was a butterfly

Hypnos
Godmadeself
Usericon van Hypnos
Posted 01-03-2012 0:09 by Hypnos (Hoofdredacteur) Wijzig reactieProfiel van HypnosQuote dit bericht

verdikkeme zeg, aargh

ragt live ook behoorlijk zo te zien

signature

Metalhead22
Usericon van Metalhead22
Posted 08-01-2013 10:25 by Metalhead22 Wijzig reactieProfiel van Metalhead22Quote dit berichthttp://www.last.fm/user/kledur

Vette shit dit, vooral Quietly, Undramatically

...the thin texture between wrong and right, mostly broken by those who saw the light...

FrenkieB
Usericon van FrenkieB
Posted 08-01-2013 15:48 by FrenkieB Wijzig reactieProfiel van FrenkieBQuote dit bericht

Raar dat zo'n goede band niet bekender is. 2 Hele goede platen al afgeleverd.

Now that is ridiculous, Dude. No one is going to cut your dick off.

Gorath
Usericon van Gorath
Posted 08-01-2013 18:28 by Gorath Wijzig reactieProfiel van GorathQuote dit bericht

Woe are you talking about?

FrenkieB
Usericon van FrenkieB
Posted 03-02-2013 11:39 by FrenkieB Wijzig reactieProfiel van FrenkieBQuote dit bericht

23/01/13 Woe to release new album on April 22nd

Candlelight Records today confirms April 22 as the European release date for Withdrawal, the third album from black metallers WOE. Produced by vocalist/guitarist Chris Grigg and mastered by Colin Marston, the album features seven new songs with a running time of 43 minutes. It is the first new material by the band since 2010’s widely regarded Quietly, Undramatically. Withdrawal reunites the band with artist and long-time friend Justin Miller.

“I spent a ton of time focusing on the production,” says Grigg in discussing the album’s creation. “We examined what Woe created since its inception in 2007 and broke it down to its core elements. The result is something that is a synthesis of the strongest elements: the unstoppable black metal ferocity of A Spell For The Death of Man mixed with the bold dynamics and smarter, more direct and personal songwriting of Quietly, Undramatically. It is our most intense, our most cohesive, our most personal.”

Recorded at studios in New York and New Jersey during the latter months of 2012, Withdrawal is a robust and penetrating album. It benefits from 18-months of live performances; something unavailable to WOE in the early years. “This is music that was made to be performed live,” Grigg notes. “Working with other people keeps WOE fresh. They bring new ideas and perspectives, fill in the gaps of my own abilities, and keep things moving when I slow down. This is the first WOE album to include not just riffs written by others but entire songs. Ruston (Grosse, drums) wrote "Ceaseless Jaws." Ben (Brand, guitar) wrote the initial draft of "Exhausted" and then we reworked it. It's also the first album to include vocals other than mine: Grzesiek (Czapla, bass/vocals) doesn't just do backups; he has entire verses in a number of songs and is more "second vocalist" than anything else.”

A/V Club calls WOE, “one of the best of a strong wave of young American black metal bands willing to play around with the boundaries of the genre.” Metal Sucks says, “sincere and relentlessly creative, WOE put a new spin on an old method. The band crafts something that gives you a good sense of the possibilities that STILL exist in the genre. This is the sound of black metal to come.” Popdose adds, “WOE burns the black metal rule book to create something wholly unique and desirable.”

Originally launched as a one-man project, WOE released their debut, A Spell For the Death of Man, before teaming with England’s Candlelight Records in 2009. Their label debut, Quietly, Undramatically, was released late October 2010 and immediately found praise. Decibel called the album “an intriguing, revolutionary blend of black metal and shoegaze-tinged post-rock sophistication.” Terrorizer found it to be, ” a raging slab of barely contained aggression, immeasurable parthos, and damn fine songwriting.” Shortly after release, WOE was invited to perform at the March 2011 Scion Rock Fest in Pomona, CA. The band would follow that up with a number of regional dates before heading out with Mayhem for their American tour later that year.

Full track listing for Withdrawal is: 1. This is the End of the Story / 2. Carried by Waves to Remorseless Shores of the Truth / 3. All Bridges Burned / 4. Ceaseless Jaws / 5. Song of My Undoing / 6. Exhausted / 7. Withdrawal

http://www.candlelightrecords.co.uk/index_home.htm

Brent_
Usericon van Brent_
Posted 03-02-2013 12:19 by Brent_ Wijzig reactieProfiel van Brent_Quote dit bericht

Zo, daar ben ik wel benieuwd naar

De Tegenpartij
Usericon van De Tegenpartij
Posted 03-02-2013 22:15 by De Tegenpartij Wijzig reactieProfiel van De TegenpartijQuote dit berichthttp://www.judgementday.nl

quote:
Op 1 maart 2012 0:09 schreef Hypnos het volgende:

[/youtube]

Vette drums!

edit.

quote:
Op 8 januari 2013 10:25 schreef Metalhead22 het volgende:
Vette shit dit, vooral Quietly, Undramatically

Wat meer liedjes aan het luisteren en het is allemaal erg gaaf.

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door De Tegenpartij op 03-02-2013 22:25]

En dat, als ik 'em dan in m'n mond stop en ik bijt, doorbijt, dattie dan zo ineens bwehlehlee whe. Zo loopt, in m'n mond. Dus dat het nat wordt en zoet, in m'n mond. Dát wil ik.

Ascendant Grotesque
Posted 04-02-2013 11:53 by Ascendant Grotesque (Speciaal lid) Wijzig reactieProfiel van Ascendant GrotesqueQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 3 februari 2013 11:39 schreef FrenkieB het volgende:
23/01/13 Woe to release new album on April 22nd

Candlelight Records today confirms April 22 as the European release date for Withdrawal, the third album from black metallers WOE. Produced by vocalist/guitarist Chris Grigg and mastered by Colin Marston, the album features seven new songs with a running time of 43 minutes. It is the first new material by the band since 2010’s widely regarded Quietly, Undramatically. Withdrawal reunites the band with artist and long-time friend Justin Miller.

“I spent a ton of time focusing on the production,” says Grigg in discussing the album’s creation. “We examined what Woe created since its inception in 2007 and broke it down to its core elements. The result is something that is a synthesis of the strongest elements: the unstoppable black metal ferocity of A Spell For The Death of Man mixed with the bold dynamics and smarter, more direct and personal songwriting of Quietly, Undramatically. It is our most intense, our most cohesive, our most personal.”

Recorded at studios in New York and New Jersey during the latter months of 2012, Withdrawal is a robust and penetrating album. It benefits from 18-months of live performances; something unavailable to WOE in the early years. “This is music that was made to be performed live,” Grigg notes. “Working with other people keeps WOE fresh. They bring new ideas and perspectives, fill in the gaps of my own abilities, and keep things moving when I slow down. This is the first WOE album to include not just riffs written by others but entire songs. Ruston (Grosse, drums) wrote "Ceaseless Jaws." Ben (Brand, guitar) wrote the initial draft of "Exhausted" and then we reworked it. It's also the first album to include vocals other than mine: Grzesiek (Czapla, bass/vocals) doesn't just do backups; he has entire verses in a number of songs and is more "second vocalist" than anything else.”

A/V Club calls WOE, “one of the best of a strong wave of young American black metal bands willing to play around with the boundaries of the genre.” Metal Sucks says, “sincere and relentlessly creative, WOE put a new spin on an old method. The band crafts something that gives you a good sense of the possibilities that STILL exist in the genre. This is the sound of black metal to come.” Popdose adds, “WOE burns the black metal rule book to create something wholly unique and desirable.”

Originally launched as a one-man project, WOE released their debut, A Spell For the Death of Man, before teaming with England’s Candlelight Records in 2009. Their label debut, Quietly, Undramatically, was released late October 2010 and immediately found praise. Decibel called the album “an intriguing, revolutionary blend of black metal and shoegaze-tinged post-rock sophistication.” Terrorizer found it to be, ” a raging slab of barely contained aggression, immeasurable parthos, and damn fine songwriting.” Shortly after release, WOE was invited to perform at the March 2011 Scion Rock Fest in Pomona, CA. The band would follow that up with a number of regional dates before heading out with Mayhem for their American tour later that year.

Full track listing for Withdrawal is: 1. This is the End of the Story / 2. Carried by Waves to Remorseless Shores of the Truth / 3. All Bridges Burned / 4. Ceaseless Jaws / 5. Song of My Undoing / 6. Exhausted / 7. Withdrawal

http://www.candlelightrecords.co.uk/index_home.htm

Sowieso benieuwd, maar zeker gezien de uitleg van Grigg. Uiteraard is het een "onszelf verkopen"-praatje, maar het klinkt toch vrij realistisch etc.

I wish I was a butterfly

FrenkieB
Usericon van FrenkieB
Posted 16-02-2013 19:00 by FrenkieB Wijzig reactieProfiel van FrenkieBQuote dit bericht

Ascendant Grotesque
Posted 27-05-2013 10:11 by Ascendant Grotesque (Speciaal lid) Wijzig reactieProfiel van Ascendant GrotesqueQuote dit bericht

http://www.zwaremetalen.com/recensie/26509/Woe-Withdrawal.html

Ik was al benieuwd, maar nu zeer benieuwd! Klinkt goed!

I wish I was a butterfly

Lijdend Voorwerp
24/7 F5-en
Usericon van Lijdend Voorwerp
Posted 22-06-2013 5:43 by Lijdend Voorwerp Wijzig reactieProfiel van Lijdend VoorwerpQuote dit bericht

Fijn album, jaarlijst.

Op 10 januari 2005 19:47 schreef kwelgeest het volgende: Geen idee of jij het tof vindt maar je kan'm anders zeker voor meer doorverkopen.

Lijdend Voorwerp
24/7 F5-en
Posted 26-06-2013 19:55 by Lijdend Voorwerp Wijzig reactieProfiel van Lijdend VoorwerpQuote dit bericht

European tour postponed.

Ik las trouwens dat het hipstermeuk was. Dus geen jaarlijst.

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door Lijdend Voorwerp op 26-06-2013 19:56]

Op 10 januari 2005 19:47 schreef kwelgeest het volgende: Geen idee of jij het tof vindt maar je kan'm anders zeker voor meer doorverkopen.

FrenkieB
Usericon van FrenkieB
Posted 26-06-2013 22:07 by FrenkieB Wijzig reactieProfiel van FrenkieBQuote dit bericht

Kut.

Maar eerst vond je het jaarlijst materiaal op basis van hoe het klinkt...toen kwam je erachter dat het zogenaamd hipster is...en nu is het niet meer leuk?

Ascendant Grotesque
Posted 26-06-2013 22:32 by Ascendant Grotesque (Speciaal lid) Wijzig reactieProfiel van Ascendant GrotesqueQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 26 juni 2013 19:55 schreef Lijdend Voorwerp het volgende:
Ik las trouwens dat het hipstermeuk was. Dus geen jaarlijst.

Wat een rare reden om iets niet gaaf te vinden...

Vooralsnog vind ik Withdrawal minder dan vorige, maar het is zeker weer een fijn werkje. Vaker luisteren

I wish I was a butterfly

Lijdend Voorwerp
24/7 F5-en
Posted 27-06-2013 6:49 by Lijdend Voorwerp Wijzig reactieProfiel van Lijdend VoorwerpQuote dit bericht

Happende Harry's.

Nee leuke plaat, moet 'm wel nog wat vaker beluisteren.

FrenkieB
Usericon van FrenkieB
Posted 27-06-2013 8:39 by FrenkieB Wijzig reactieProfiel van FrenkieBQuote dit bericht

Hap!

Ik vind deze tot nu toch wel de minste van al hun werk.

M.
Schwarzgerät
Usericon van M.
Posted 28-03-2017 12:28 by M. Wijzig reactieProfiel van M.Quote dit bericht

Er is een nieuw album uit, 'Hope Attrition'. Eerste indruk is positief, vrij gevarieerde BM op US leest, maar met gevoel voor melodie waardoor het voor mij interessant blijft.

Fickt nicht mit dem Raketemensch!!

HierIsMike
Usericon van HierIsMike
Posted 28-03-2017 19:31 by HierIsMike Wijzig reactieProfiel van HierIsMikeQuote dit berichthttp://hierismike.wordpress.com/

Gave plaat, ja. Voor de rest veel kracht, afwisseling en sterk drumwerk, maar dat is geen wonder met Lev Weinstein die ook bij Krallice speelt.

Dit topic is 2 pagina's lang: 1 2
Index / Heavy Metal Active topics Nieuw topic Post reply Vorige pagina
http://www.zwaremetalen.com