IndexProfielRegistrerenHelpActive TopicsSearch Inloggen
Index / Heavy Metal Nieuw Topic Post Reply
Auteur:
Topic : Redemption (symfo/ prog metal)
Mutilator
SPILL YER GUTS !!!!!! (Extra gore mod)
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 10-11-2010 2:13 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

Kennen mensen Redemption met Ray Alder (Fates Warning znger) en Bernie Versailles (Agent Steel gitarist) en wat vind men ervan?

Ik heb hun debuut (selftitled) maar die doet me niet zoveel.

Hun laatste plaat 'Snowfall on judgement day' vind ik echter een hoogvlieger in het symfometal genre.
Wat zijn de meningen hierover en over de tussenliggende albums?

Ze zouden dit jaar komen touren alleen kon de zanger niet, ivm touren met Fates Warning, nav het succes van de heruitgaves van hun oude albums.

http://www.ivorygate.com/redemption/

http://www.redemptionweb.com/

En nog een nieuwtje:

...and so work begins on our fifth album!

Hello folks, and sorry for the long silence from us. It's been a very busy summer for us away from Redemption, particularly for Ray who as most of you surely know did a reunion tour with the Parallels lineup of Fates Warning to commemorate the 20th anniversary of that fantastic release.

I (Nick) remain in complete remission with no trace of the disease that I announced publicly about a year ago. I remain on three powerful medications to ensure that the cancer does not return. Of the five original active lesions in my bones, none are active for cancer and one of them has resolved (i.e. been completely repaired with new bone). The other four are in the process of being repaired and that is the next big milestone. Patience is required but I believe they will get there. If that happens, it is a good sign that I am well down the road to being cured (according to the very aggressive doctor to whom I entrust my care). However I must remain on these medicines for two more years. They have many unpleasant side effects but I am resolved to stick with the program and beat "incurable" blood cancer. Thank you all very much for your prayers, positive vibes and words of support -- they mean a lot.

And so life continues, and with it, a new Redemption CD in the works! We are in the early pre-production stages at this point, still composing and arranging. It's too early to say too much, but I can share that the arrangements vary from short (for us!) hard-hitting songs to at least one and possibly two more sprawling ideas, and that a few of the working titles at this point are Noonday Devil, Dreams from the Pit and Rain in my Soul.

We'll have more to post in the coming weeks and months, and hopefully some great new music for you in 2011!

As always, thank you for your support and interest!

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door Mutilator op 09-07-2011 21:40]

The quality of our perceptions determines the quality of our judgement. Our judgement determines how we interact with the world. How we interact with the world changes the world. So, the quality of our perceptions changes the world.

Fusion
The Dude? Meer De Forum Clown
Usericon van Fusion
Posted 10-11-2010 10:35 by Fusion Wijzig reactieProfiel van FusionQuote dit berichthttp://mystic.bandcamp.com/

Ik ken ze al geruime tijd ja. Vind t wel aardig. Ben echt groot fan van Ray Alder (en echt helemaal leip van Fates Warning) dusseh... Wat vervelend voor die Nick, dat wist ik niet. Blij dat t weer beter gaat!

When your people matter, menstrual health matters

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 09-07-2011 21:38 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

Ah de opvolger van het briljante Snowfall on judgement day:

REDEMPTION Completes Work On New Album - July 8, 2011

REDEMPTION, the U.S. progressive metal band featuring in its ranks legendary FATES WARNING vocalist Ray Alder and guitarist/songwriter Nick van Dyk, has completed work on its new album, "This Mortal Coil", with producer Neil Kernon, who has previously worked with such acts as NEVERMORE, NILE, QUEENSRŸCHE and DEICIDE. The CD will feature the following working songtitles, among others: "Noonday Devil", "No Tickets To The Funeral", "Rain In My Soul", "Focus", "Dreams From The Pit", "Path Of The Tornado", "Blink Of An Eye", "Perfect" and "Departure Of The Pale Horse".

Commented Nick: "I'm pleased to announce that after what can only be described as a very challenging production experience that threw every possible curveball at us, we have finished the record. Fortunately, Neil kept a steady hand at the tiller through rough waters but it really tested us all: computer failures, Internet failures, missing files, strange 'ghost-in-the-machine' type elements, scheduling challenges, lightning strikes (I'm not kidding), etc. At any rate, the masters are in the hands of the label. Now we just wait for it to be released! Hope you all enjoy it."

REDEMPTION will headline this year's edition of the ProgPower Europe festival and embark on a European mini-tour.

The twelfth installment of the ProgPower Europe festival will take place in Baarlo, Holland, October 1-2.

REDEMPTION will play the last show on this visit at the inaugural edition of the Denmark Rock Festival on October 8 in Copenhagen, Denmark at the venue The Rock.

The mini-tour will see REDEMPTION play a selected number of concerts across Europe, giving European fans a chance to finally see the band live (their only European show so far was five years ago at the Headway festival in Amsterdam, Holland) and, of course, to witness a live rendition of material from their acclaimed current studio album release "Snowfall On Judgment Day". Direct support act on these shows will come from the Italian proggers KINGCROW, who released their fourth album, "Phlegethon", through Scarlet Records last year.

On February 4, 2010, REDEMPTION was interviewed for an episode of "Hard" on the AUX music channel out of Canada. The six-minute segment, which includes performance footage, can be viewed below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=160497

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door Mutilator op 09-07-2011 21:38]

The quality of our perceptions determines the quality of our judgement. Our judgement determines how we interact with the world. How we interact with the world changes the world. So, the quality of our perceptions changes the world.

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 23-09-2011 22:49 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

Fantastische nieuwe plaat

Blueprint
Usericon van Blueprint
Posted 24-09-2011 15:21 by Blueprint Wijzig reactieProfiel van BlueprintQuote dit bericht

Ik heb de nieuwe nog niet gehoord, maar vermoedelijk zullen ze hem uitgebreid belichten tijdens hun show op ProgPower. Ben benieuwd!

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 20-10-2011 23:04 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

Fusion
The Dude? Meer De Forum Clown
Usericon van Fusion
Posted 21-10-2011 12:33 by Fusion Wijzig reactieProfiel van FusionQuote dit berichthttp://mystic.bandcamp.com/

Zo! Kon idd alleen maar die s/t debut en die is idd mwoa, maar ben nu Snowfall aan t luisteren en das best ontzettend gaaf! Als muzikant stoor ik me wel aan de niet compleet strakke dubbele bass drum in t intro, maar ja. Dit is net een soort hardere Fates Warning, met wat meer regular symfo invloeden. Lekker.

When your people matter, menstrual health matters

XXL
Xenofobe analfabeet.
Usericon van XXL
Posted 14-02-2016 17:39 by XXL Wijzig reactieProfiel van XXLQuote dit bericht

26 februari komt hun nieuwe album ‘The Art Of Loss’ uit.

Complete tokkie die lijdt aan zware zelfoverschatting.

Metal-D
Usericon van Metal-D
Posted 14-02-2016 18:17 by Metal-D (Speciaal lid) Wijzig reactieProfiel van Metal-DQuote dit bericht

Hopen dat ie beter is dan zijn matige voorganger.

Bub
Doomed by the living dead!
Usericon van Bub
Posted 19-02-2016 6:04 by Bub Wijzig reactieProfiel van BubQuote dit bericht

Ik vond die vorige anders prima te doen.

Videoclip.

bub

Bub
Usericon van Bub
Posted 19-02-2016 6:05 by Bub Wijzig reactieProfiel van BubQuote dit bericht

oh en sterk nummer.

bub

Hypnos
Godmadeself
Usericon van Hypnos
Posted 22-02-2016 22:49 by Hypnos (Hoofdredacteur) Wijzig reactieProfiel van HypnosQuote dit bericht

de zanger heeft er precies geen zin in

signature

XXL
Xenofobe analfabeet.
Usericon van XXL
Posted 26-02-2016 16:09 by XXL Wijzig reactieProfiel van XXLQuote dit bericht

Complete tokkie die lijdt aan zware zelfoverschatting.

Bub
Usericon van Bub
Posted 16-05-2018 22:16 by Bub Wijzig reactieProfiel van BubQuote dit bericht

Een nieuwe nummer maar zonder Ray op zang.

Muzikaal van zeer hoge kwaliteit. Lekker nummertje.
Maar de zang van Tom (Evergrey) Englund vind ik er nu niet echt bij passen. Jammer

bub

Metal-D
Usericon van Metal-D
Posted 16-05-2018 22:43 by Metal-D (Speciaal lid) Wijzig reactieProfiel van Metal-DQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 16 mei 2018 22:16 schreef Bub het volgende:

Maar de zang van Tom (Evergrey) Englund vind ik er nu niet echt bij passen. Jammer

Eens, die zang draait het nummer de nek om. Too bad....

Index / Heavy Metal Active topics Nieuw topic Post reply
http://www.zwaremetalen.com