IndexProfielRegistrerenHelpActive TopicsSearch Inloggen
Index / Heavy Metal Nieuw Topic Post Reply
Auteur:
Topic : Voices
holysjit
Usericon van holysjit
Posted 29-11-2011 23:55 by holysjit Wijzig reactieProfiel van holysjitQuote dit berichthttp://www.ragherrie.com

"Fragmented Illustrations Of Anger", the first video from VOICES, the new black metal project featuring AKERCOCKE/MY DYING BRIDE drummer David Gray alongside AKERCOCKE members Peter Benjamin and Sam Loynes (also of DIMINISHED FIFTH), can be seen below.

Ascendant Grotesque
Usericon van Ascendant Grotesque
Posted 19-11-2012 14:24 by Ascendant Grotesque (Speciaal lid) Wijzig reactieProfiel van Ascendant GrotesqueQuote dit bericht

VOICES, the new U.K. black metal project featuring AKERCOCKE/MY DYING BRIDE drummer David Gray alongside AKERCOCKE members Peter Benjamin and Sam Loynes (also of DIMINISHED FIFTH), has inked a deal with Candlelight Records. The band's forthcoming debut album, "Voices From The Human Forest Create A Fugue Of Imaginary Rain", was recorded at Legacy Studios, located in the heart of the historic Old Street in central London.

VOICES were formed in London in 2011 as a new experiment from Benjamin, Gray and Loynes, also joined by London producer Dan Abela of Legacy Studios. The mission is to create a deep brand of cold and confronting music, part hypnotic yet often disturbing, focusing from an avant-garde take upon black metal, whilst always striving to explore a wide musical spectrum.

As the band state: "We have some immense plans for future creativity, ruling out no potential musical style or influence. We hope to never be bound by convention and thus remaining truly extreme through this unique and open-minded disposition."

Setting out head-first into new and daring terrain from the notorious past musical outfits, VOICES promises an extraordinary ride using the albums 55 minutes of playing time as a vessel by which our negative journey into the human forest can be witnessed. Expect moments of intense brutality, frenzied 360bpm blasts beats conjoined with crippling caveman guitars juxtaposed with subliminal dissonance. Vocals that articulate the insanity of despair, contrasted with ethereal glimpses of melancholic beauty through bold and layered singing. Destructive yet fragile, VOICES resonate a new direction and individual take upon the often constrained arena of extreme metal. Lyrically the debut album deals in themes spawned from being truly outside of conventional points of view and a certain disconnect with any form of human emotions. The self-destructive streak within us, in turn drives us and all these torturous burdens have created this first set of intense and uncompromising songs.

Commented the band: "We are excited to be working with the legendary Candlelight Records. It's a greatly profound occasion for us to be sharing a label alongside some of our own and long-serving musical influences. Each member of the band has been listening to Candlelight artists for years and has great appreciation and respect of the label’s direction and continuing legacy. From here, we hope to spread our message throughout the world via the mighty platform provided by Candlelight Records. And therefore we now have some colossal ventures and goals on the horizon... Expect VOICES to always bring deeply innovative and unusual extreme metal infiltrated by the strain of London life, pushing this sound into the forefront of the global metal world."

Jajajaja... Het is toch wel erg Akercocke, dat nummer. Maar dan weer een tik rauwer, razender en... hypnotischer (en minder death) dan wat de laatste albums van Akercocke waren. Ben benieuwd of het al met al net zo interessant wordt.

Wel siked voor de albumtitel.

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door Ascendant Grotesque op 19-11-2012 14:26]

I wish I was a butterfly

Hypnos
Godmadeself
Usericon van Hypnos
Posted 19-03-2013 0:51 by Hypnos (Hoofdredacteur) Wijzig reactieProfiel van HypnosQuote dit bericht

vette plaat zeg

signature

Ascendant Grotesque
Posted 01-04-2013 23:19 by Ascendant Grotesque (Speciaal lid) Wijzig reactieProfiel van Ascendant GrotesqueQuote dit bericht

Ik ben underwhelmed vooralsnog. Paar nummers die aan de hoogtijdagen van Akercocke doen denken, paar nummers die gewoon van los zand aan elkaar hangen. Ja, dat soort zo. Nee, dat lukt niet zo goed als het zou moeten gezien de voorgeschiedenis (Akercocke ).

I wish I was a butterfly

bokkie666
Usericon van bokkie666
Posted 01-04-2013 23:24 by bokkie666 Wijzig reactieProfiel van bokkie666Quote dit bericht

quote:
Op 1 april 2013 23:19 schreef Ascendant Grotesque het volgende:
Ik ben underwhelmed vooralsnog.
Geen idee wat is, maar het klinkt niet best. Beterschap man.

edit: Ik vond het drumgeluid te storend.

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door bokkie666 op 01-04-2013 23:26]

Ascendant Grotesque
Posted 01-04-2013 23:28 by Ascendant Grotesque (Speciaal lid) Wijzig reactieProfiel van Ascendant GrotesqueQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 1 april 2013 23:24 schreef bokkie666 het volgende:
Geen idee wat is, maar het klinkt niet best. Beterschap man.

Ik wist niet dat het van het woordenboek mocht, dacht dat slechts de semilollige omkering van overwhelmed was, maar nee het mág toch echt: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/underwhelm

I wish I was a butterfly

Marcel H.
Usericon van Marcel H.
Posted 01-04-2013 23:43 by Marcel H. Wijzig reactieProfiel van Marcel H.Quote dit berichthttp://www.lordsofmetal.nl

quote:
Op 1 april 2013 23:28 schreef Ascendant Grotesque het volgende:
Ik wist niet dat het van het woordenboek mocht, dacht dat slechts de semilollige omkering van overwhelmed was, maar nee het mág toch echt: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/underwhelm

Nee hoor gewoon perfect Engels woord. Gebruikte het zelf al in in 1980 enzo

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight.

Ascendant Grotesque
Posted 01-04-2013 23:46 by Ascendant Grotesque (Speciaal lid) Wijzig reactieProfiel van Ascendant GrotesqueQuote dit bericht

Hmmph... Moet ik op zoek naar een nieuw irritant netniet-Engels woord

foei mod... Ja, ik ga ontopic

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door Ascendant Grotesque op 01-04-2013 23:46]

I wish I was a butterfly

Marcel H.
Usericon van Marcel H.
Posted 02-04-2013 0:01 by Marcel H. Wijzig reactieProfiel van Marcel H.Quote dit berichthttp://www.lordsofmetal.nl

quote:
Op 1 april 2013 23:46 schreef Ascendant Grotesque het volgende:

Wat dacht je van 'sponsoring'? Maar ja, dat is dan wel weer Nederlands

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight.

bokkie666
Usericon van bokkie666
Posted 02-04-2013 0:05 by bokkie666 Wijzig reactieProfiel van bokkie666Quote dit bericht

quote:
Op 1 april 2013 23:46 schreef Ascendant Grotesque het volgende:

Gewoon even renamen naar onderwhelmed.

Onderwalmt.

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door bokkie666 op 02-04-2013 0:06]

HierIsMike
Usericon van HierIsMike
Posted 16-11-2014 19:43 by HierIsMike Wijzig reactieProfiel van HierIsMikeQuote dit berichthttp://hierismike.wordpress.com/

Een track van de nieuwe plaat:

Klinkt echt fantastisch, zeer benieuwd naar de rest.

Ascendant Grotesque
Posted 14-07-2017 13:00 by Ascendant Grotesque (Speciaal lid) Wijzig reactieProfiel van Ascendant GrotesqueQuote dit bericht

Min of meer demo-track in het kader van het aankomende nieuwe album.

Weer aardig zoals London. Wat tof is, want London was erg tof. Wel iets te langdradig.

I wish I was a butterfly

PandroidJack
The Paranoid Android
Usericon van PandroidJack
Posted 28-02-2018 10:55 by PandroidJack Wijzig reactieProfiel van PandroidJackQuote dit bericht

The man who comforts himself not with what he achieves, but with what he dreams of achieving.

Index / Heavy Metal Active topics Nieuw topic Post reply
http://www.zwaremetalen.com