IndexProfielRegistrerenHelpActive TopicsSearch Inloggen
Index / Concerten Nieuw Topic Post Reply
Auteur:
Topic : MMM Presents; Toxik (USA) & Razend (NL) Vorige pagina
MMM
Usericon van MMM
Posted 31-07-2014 22:53 by MMM Wijzig reactieProfiel van MMMQuote dit berichthttp://www.mariosmetalmania.com

Mario's Metal Mania Presents; TOXIK (USA) & RAZEND (NL)

pre-paid reservations: toxik@mariosmetalmania.com

TOXIK:
Toxik is an American thrash metal band originally from Peekskill, New York. Initially active from 1985 to 1992, in 2013 it was announced that Toxik would reform again and start work on its third album.
Toxik formed in 1985 and released two full-length albums, World Circus and Think This, under RoadRacer (Roadrunner) records. Both records were cult, underground successes (especially in Europe) that would establish Toxik’s longtime fan base for many years to come. During their career, the band completed several successful tours including a performance at the prestigious Dynamo Open Air in Eindhoven, Holland in 1988. This performance was released on DVD for the first time ever in 2007, along with re-issues of World Circus and Think This. In 2010 the band once again self-released another live DVD, Think Again, which contained never before seen live footage, interviews, and more.
2013 brought the announcement that Toxik would once again try to reform to release a new record. The band had tried past reunions but could never find the right drummer. Original drummer Tad Leger had moved away from playing thrash metal and was very comfortable playing “less technical” music in his band Blood Farmers, as well as playing guitar in his band Lucertola (also produced by Christian). Oddly enough, as luck would have it, Leger would go on “hand pick” his successor in longtime friend, Shadows Fall drummer Jason Bittner. Bittner, a longtime Toxik fan says, “ I met Tad at a Death Angel show back in 1990 and we’ve been friends ever since. From the moment I saw Toxik live in 1989 I was floored, and they immediately became one of my favorite metal bands of all time. I hung out with Tad a lot over the years that passed, our bands did a lot of show trading with each other, and I even took a few lessons with Tad way back in the day. For me it’s nice to preserve my friend’s legacy, as well as the band’s, and it’s great for me to be involved in this project.”
After the addition of Bittner, the band needed to round out its rhythm section, and it did that in mid – 2013 with the addition of Bill Bodily (also of Freya) on bass. Bill is a great player with exceptional skills, and has fit into the Toxik framework perfectly.
As we begin 2014 Toxik is currently starting the mixing stage of their third and newest album “In Humanity.” This album will encompass everything Toxik is known for, as well as some surprises.

Well, here they are! After some great shows at the Keep it True festival and Dynamo they now are playing at our own Little Devil club! This is going to be one of the highlights of 2014!! Come over and join the World Circus before you get a Heart Attack!!!

RAZEND:
This band is named as the new metal sensation from The Netherlands with members of Acrostichon and Outburst. After Acrostichon split up the remaining members formed Outburst and now a new band arose from the ashes from those two bands .
This is a very small bio but it contains nearly all the information. Acrostichon used to be a female fronted deathmetal band in which singer Corinne was wellknown for her incredible grunts. After she left Acrostichon the band changed their name into Outburst and went on with singer Tjerk Maas. Outburst was in my opinion a mediocre thrashband that never reached the level of Acrostichon. Well both bands are history and some of the bandmember joined in the newborn thrashmetal band RAZEND (Razend is a Dutch word for Furious). Singer Corinne, who used to grunt in Acrostichon, has had a lot of singing lessons and instead of her famous grunts….she now sings clean!! What a surprise!!. Well her “new” voice fits perfect to the thrashmusic of Razend. Her brother Jos van den Brand and Arvid Kuipers are a great guitar tandem and all together with drummer Tim Verheijden and bassplayer Tijn van der Vloet they create a very nice piece of thrashmetal!! Check them out this evening!!

Date: Thursday 7 August
Place; Little Devil, Tilburg, The Netherlands

Doors; 19:00
Entrance; € 10,--
pre-paid reservations: toxik@mariosmetalmania.com

www.mariosmetalmania.com
www.littledevil.nl

Index / Concerten Active topics Nieuw topic Post reply
http://www.zwaremetalen.com