IndexProfielRegistrerenHelpActive TopicsSearch Inloggen
Index / Heavy Metal Nieuw Topic Post Reply
Dit topic is 2 pagina's lang: 1 2
Auteur:
Topic : Fluisterwoud in London Volgende pagina
Stennis!!
Usericon van Stennis!!
Posted 04-12-2003 16:22 by Stennis!! Wijzig reactieProfiel van Stennis!!Quote dit bericht

zo..

net even flink in london lopen heersen..

hier een review van de avond door een of andere knakker... foto's zullen snel volgen (hoop ik!)

"Okay, here is Goatwarrior's elite review. If you disagree, you are wrong. Brace yourself, this is a bit long winded:

1st band: The One. I had not heard this band before tonight, but from what I had heard about them I was very much looking forward to this set.
The One is the solo project of ex-Macabre Omen member, Alex (also founder of killer label, Daimonion Prod), and tonight he was accompanied by Yoni (Goat Molestör) on guitar and Dani (Goat Molestör, Indesinence, Adorior) on drums.
Unfortunately The One only played three songs in their short set, but this performance definitely held true to the phrase, "quality, not quantity"! The One play Black Metal reminiscent of the old style, but without sounding like just another clone and, in fact, have a very refreshing sound. The sound was clear throughout and the vocals were strong and prominent. Alex (guitar, vocals) looked like a man possessed up on that stage and oozed with confidence. Quite rightly too as this set was great. Look out for the album which is being released on Total Holocaust Records soon.

2nd band: Archaicus. Now many of you may know that Archaicus aren't quite my favourite band, and I'm probably not their favourite reviewer. However, I went to this gig with an open mind, and I must say that there has been a vast improvement, performancewise.
The vocalist/guitarist from the last gig is now on drums, and their other guitarist now takes over vocal duties. This is definitely a smart move as the vocals now sound much more confident. In fact, their stage presence in general appeared much more confident, as opposed to their reserved, unsure performance last time. Although, I feel that the drums need a bit more work as they sounded quite sloppy at times.
However, despite the improvement in the performance department, the music still does not do it for me. It all still sounds very predictable, and the melodic sections sound boring as opposed to epic (epic being the feel that I believe they are trying to convey).

3rd band: Niroth. I had heard the tracks on Niroth's website and thought they were pretty good, but it had not prepared me for this ear-blistering assault!
The first thing that struck me about this band was how much the vocalist reminded me of one of the hobbits (Sam?) from Peter Jackson's version of Lord of the Rings. But this was blown away (and so was I) as soon as he launched his vocal assault upon the unsuspecting crowd. These vocals were harsh!! Incredibly powerful shrieks that were enough to make your ears bleed!
Niroth's music is mostly fast-paced Black Metal bringing to mind bands such as Taake, with the occasional slow/mid-paced section now and then.
The sound was generally pretty good throughout, though at times the guitar sounded a bit thin. I think the bass could have been slightly louder in order to rectify this, but it was only a minor detail and did not cause any kind of detraction in the overall performance.
The band were consistent throughout in terms of tightness and power, and, although appearing somewhat reserved at first, they seemed to gain confidence as the set went on and the crowd responded more. A damn good set, and definitely a band worth keeping an eye on.

4th band: Goat Molestör. What a set!! This was Goat Molestör's first gig (hard to believe!), with a set full of dark, barbaric Black/Death Metal, often bringing to mind bands like Beherit and Abhorrence (Fin).
This truely was a fantastic set, everything was loud, clear and incredibly brutal. The guitars sounded deep and sinister, and the vocals were along the same lines! The drums were powerful and precise, and everything was as tight as a gnat's chuff. Also included in the set was a killer rendition of Mystifier's "Aleister Crowley and Ordo Templi Orientis".
Goat Molestör are definitely a band with great promise. The fact that they managed to kick so much ass on their first gig makes me wonder what they will be like with more experience. Definitely something to look forward to!

Headlining band: Fluisterwoud. This Grim Black Metal band from The Netherlands have been plagued with delays with their, as yet unreleased, new album. But despite this, the crowd were still very much eager to see them and really got into the raging Black Metal attack that Fluisterwoud unleashed.
They stormed through their set with real passion and resoluteness, consistently pummelling the crowd with their raw sonic assault. Again, the sound was loud and clear throughout, perfect for unleashing the power of Fluisterwoud.
No faults can be found here at all, Fluisterwoud were a brilliant finish to a great night. This kind of gig is just what the UK needs. Let's hope this kind of event happens again soon!"

Heersende geslaagde weekend!
Zuipen met Atilla en Faust in London!

karnivoor
Usericon van karnivoor
Posted 04-12-2003 16:22 by karnivoor Wijzig reactieProfiel van karnivoorQuote dit berichthttp://www.kanker.nl/

oud...

Je moeder.

Voice Of Doom
kotsende chaoot
Usericon van Voice Of Doom
Posted 04-12-2003 16:25 by Voice Of Doom Wijzig reactieProfiel van Voice Of DoomQuote dit bericht

en nieuw?

I've got no trust to give, I've got no heart to break, Nothing for me to fucking lose, because I never had a fucking thing

karnivoor
Usericon van karnivoor
Posted 04-12-2003 16:26 by karnivoor Wijzig reactieProfiel van karnivoorQuote dit berichthttp://www.kanker.nl/

juustem

Je moeder.

skullfuck
smaakvervanger
Usericon van skullfuck
Posted 04-12-2003 16:26 by skullfuck Wijzig reactieProfiel van skullfuckQuote dit berichthttp://

ooh ja die blekkies weer...bestaan die ook nog?

Suck my piss

karnivoor
Usericon van karnivoor
Posted 04-12-2003 16:28 by karnivoor Wijzig reactieProfiel van karnivoorQuote dit berichthttp://www.kanker.nl/

uiteraard, als nooit tevoren he

maar de mods hebben het drukker met zeiken over elements foto's geloof ik

Je moeder.

Digerdoden
Usericon van Digerdoden
Posted 04-12-2003 16:32 by Digerdoden Wijzig reactieProfiel van DigerdodenQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 4 december 2003 16:28 schreef karnivoor het volgende:
uiteraard, als nooit tevoren he

maar de mods hebben het drukker met zeiken over elements foto's geloof ik

ik durf zehier niet te bekijken.. zal er in ieder geval erg gay uitzien

"Martyrdom is the only way a man can become famous without ability. " Arthur Schopenhauer

Voice Of Doom
kotsende chaoot
Posted 04-12-2003 16:33 by Voice Of Doom Wijzig reactieProfiel van Voice Of DoomQuote dit bericht

Oh ja...wie heeft Fluisterwoud in Londen zien spelen trouwens?

I've got no trust to give, I've got no heart to break, Nothing for me to fucking lose, because I never had a fucking thing

Staalman
Usericon van Staalman
Posted 04-12-2003 16:34 by Staalman Wijzig reactieProfiel van StaalmanQuote dit bericht

Ik niet....

"Life Is Much More Beautiful, When It Means Nothing At All"

Stennis!!
Usericon van Stennis!!
Posted 04-12-2003 16:34 by Stennis!! Wijzig reactieProfiel van Stennis!!Quote dit bericht

zozo.. een frontje pipoides tegen FW.. zielig hoor.. en wat doen jullie ondertussen?
laat me raden= thuis voor de dwangbuis wegrotten en onzin uitkramen op forums..

Rensykdom
Het leven is...... Naar de kloten gaan.
Usericon van Rensykdom
Posted 04-12-2003 16:36 by Rensykdom Wijzig reactieProfiel van RensykdomQuote dit berichthttp://rensyk.hyves.nl/

als ik geld had zou ik er zeker heen zijn gegaan hoor maarja met de huidige economie

Leviathanica
Usericon van Leviathanica
Posted 04-12-2003 16:37 by Leviathanica Wijzig reactieProfiel van LeviathanicaQuote dit berichthttp://www.youtube.com/user/Craptavaganza

Pfff ja...koopkracht wéér 8% achteruit.

Iedereen heeft recht op mijn mening.

karnivoor
Usericon van karnivoor
Posted 04-12-2003 16:41 by karnivoor Wijzig reactieProfiel van karnivoorQuote dit berichthttp://www.kanker.nl/

quote:
Op 4 december 2003 16:34 schreef Stennis!! het volgende:
zozo.. een frontje pipoides tegen FW.. zielig hoor.. en wat doen jullie ondertussen?

fuck, anti FW? niet bepaald...

dankzij een griep geen werk -> verveling

dat beter?

Je moeder.

karnivoor
Usericon van karnivoor
Posted 04-12-2003 16:41 by karnivoor Wijzig reactieProfiel van karnivoorQuote dit berichthttp://www.kanker.nl/

quote:
Op 4 december 2003 16:37 schreef Leviathanica het volgende:
Pfff ja...koopkracht wéér 8% achteruit.

landelijk of bij jou? en zo ja bij jou, hoe heb je dat berekend? en heb je zo'n absoluut regelmatig uitgavepatroon zonder uitwassen dat je dit uberhaupt KAN berekenen?

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door karnivoor op 04-12-2003 16:42]

Je moeder.

Digerdoden
Usericon van Digerdoden
Posted 04-12-2003 16:48 by Digerdoden Wijzig reactieProfiel van DigerdodenQuote dit bericht

ik had ook best naar engeland willen gaan.. maar geen ook geen geld over

"Martyrdom is the only way a man can become famous without ability. " Arthur Schopenhauer

Voice Of Doom
kotsende chaoot
Posted 04-12-2003 16:49 by Voice Of Doom Wijzig reactieProfiel van Voice Of DoomQuote dit bericht

Gelukkig speelden ze laatst ook in Arnhem...

ghoulliette
Usericon van ghoulliette
Posted 04-12-2003 16:49 by ghoulliette Wijzig reactieProfiel van ghoullietteQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 4 december 2003 16:41 schreef karnivoor het volgende:
landelijk of bij jou? en zo ja bij jou, hoe heb je dat berekend? en heb je zo'n absoluut regelmatig uitgavepatroon zonder uitwassen dat je dit uberhaupt KAN berekenen?

idd

Stennis!!
Usericon van Stennis!!
Posted 04-12-2003 16:57 by Stennis!! Wijzig reactieProfiel van Stennis!!Quote dit bericht

quote:
fuck, anti FW? niet bepaald...

dankzij een griep geen werk -> verveling

dat beter?
mijn excuses als ie verkeerd aankwam, was meer bedoeld voor meneer skullfuck!

Voice Of Doom
kotsende chaoot
Posted 04-12-2003 16:57 by Voice Of Doom Wijzig reactieProfiel van Voice Of DoomQuote dit bericht

Ja die skullfuck is me er eentje...

skullfuck
smaakvervanger
Usericon van skullfuck
Posted 04-12-2003 17:04 by skullfuck Wijzig reactieProfiel van skullfuckQuote dit berichthttp://

quote:
Op 4 december 2003 16:34 schreef Stennis!! het volgende:

laat dat forums maar weg...de rest komt aardig in de buurt..

Suck my piss

Rensykdom
Het leven is...... Naar de kloten gaan.
Usericon van Rensykdom
Posted 04-12-2003 17:07 by Rensykdom Wijzig reactieProfiel van RensykdomQuote dit berichthttp://rensyk.hyves.nl/

quote:

landelijk , kijk je nooit naar het nieuws? primitievelingen hier ook he

Chelman
Krijg de bloemetjes
Usericon van Chelman
Posted 04-12-2003 17:19 by Chelman Wijzig reactieProfiel van ChelmanQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 4 december 2003 17:07 schreef Rensykdom het volgende:
landelijk , kijk je nooit naar het nieuws? primitievelingen hier ook he

Landelijk? Dan had jij het beter moeten kijken medunkt. Het ging om een groep van paar duizend man die meer dan 1% achteruitgaan en daarvan weer een gedeelte die 8% achteruitgaat.

KOSOVO JE SRBIJA! SVETA SRPSKA ZEMLJA !

Leviathanica
Usericon van Leviathanica
Posted 04-12-2003 17:22 by Leviathanica Wijzig reactieProfiel van LeviathanicaQuote dit berichthttp://www.youtube.com/user/Craptavaganza

quote:

Stond op de voorpagina van de krant.
(En nee, niet de Telegraaf, da's geen krant.)

Iedereen heeft recht op mijn mening.

Chelman
Krijg de bloemetjes
Usericon van Chelman
Posted 04-12-2003 17:23 by Chelman Wijzig reactieProfiel van ChelmanQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 4 december 2003 17:22 schreef Leviathanica het volgende:
Stond op de voorpagina van de krant.
(En nee, niet de Telegraaf, da's geen krant.)

Wat is het dan?

Voice Of Doom
kotsende chaoot
Posted 04-12-2003 17:24 by Voice Of Doom Wijzig reactieProfiel van Voice Of DoomQuote dit bericht

een VOD-je...

Chelman
Krijg de bloemetjes
Usericon van Chelman
Posted 04-12-2003 17:25 by Chelman Wijzig reactieProfiel van ChelmanQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 4 december 2003 17:24 schreef Voice Of Doom het volgende:
een VOD-je...

aldus spreekt onze ervaringsdeskundige

Dit topic is 2 pagina's lang: 1 2
Index / Heavy Metal Active topics Nieuw topic Post reply Volgende pagina
http://www.zwaremetalen.com