IndexProfielRegistrerenHelpActive TopicsSearch Inloggen
Index / Heavy Metal Nieuw Topic Post Reply
Dit topic is 6 pagina's lang: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Auteur:
Topic : Watchtower Vorige pagina | Volgende pagina
Mutilator
SPILL YER GUTS !!!!!! (Extra gore mod)
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 05-06-2004 12:16 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

quote:
Op 5 juni 2004 11:33 schreef attila_de_hun het volgende:
Ken jij spastic ink. mutilator? Is dat wat?

Dat ken ik idd; het is een instrumentale plaat met allemaal tekenfilm-achtige titels; vrij ingewikkelde muziek, maar als je erin zit dan is 't erg tof!

Overigens is vorige maand de tweede cd uitgekomen!

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door Mutilator op 05-06-2004 12:17]

The quality of our perceptions determines the quality of our judgement. Our judgement determines how we interact with the world. How we interact with the world changes the world. So, the quality of our perceptions changes the world.

Myth of Fury
Usericon van Myth of Fury
Posted 06-06-2004 4:44 by Myth of Fury Wijzig reactieProfiel van Myth of FuryQuote dit berichthttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Born-Of-Flames/585496181490059

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 25-09-2004 15:33 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

24 September 2004

Monster Underground will be releasing the first (and very hard to find) WATCHTOWER CD, "Energetic Disassembly", and it will be available on October 5, 2004.
It will contain a 10 page booklet, featuring lyrics, photos, liner notes from Doug and Jason and a collage of 80s magazine quotes/articles. The song order is as on the original vinyl release.

The quality of our perceptions determines the quality of our judgement. Our judgement determines how we interact with the world. How we interact with the world changes the world. So, the quality of our perceptions changes the world.

Wicked Mystic
Cold Turkey
Usericon van Wicked Mystic
Posted 25-09-2004 16:08 by Wicked Mystic Wijzig reactieProfiel van Wicked MysticQuote dit berichthttp://www.metallive.nl

quote:
Op 2 mei 2002 20:39 schreef attila_de_hun het volgende:Watchtower is echt een briljante band die uiterst ondergewaardeerd is. eerst komt Cynic met een cd dan watchtower, mooi zo!!!

mijn god je meent het niet Control & Resistance is echt een super CD!

dat van Cynic wist ik niet eens

venom rules
Usericon van venom rules
Posted 01-02-2005 15:54 by venom rules Wijzig reactieProfiel van venom rulesQuote dit berichthttp://..

Bestaan ze eigelijk nog?Zo ja, waneer komt Watchtower eigelijk weer naar Nederland?

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 02-02-2006 12:40 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

HATE ETERNAL Drummer Joins Forces With WATCHTOWER, CANNIBAL CORPSE Members - Feb. 1, 2006

BLOTTED SCIENCE, the technical extreme metal project masterminded by guitarist Ron Jarzombek (WATCHTOWER, SPASTIC INK) and bassist Alex Webster (CANNIBAL CORPSE), have announced the addition of drummer Derek Roddy (HATE ETERNAL). Roddy replaces Chris Adler (LAMB OF GOD) who recently had to bow out due to other commitments. The earlier tentative project name, THE MACHINATIONS OF DEMENTIA, will now find its place as the CD's title.

"Alex and I are stoked to welcome Derek to the fold — he is an incredible drummer", enthuses Jarzombek. "His skills and abilities work out extremely well for us since we are writing and recording separately and sending files back and forth via the internet. Derek, Alex and I got a chance to meet up at NAMM last week, had a great time talking about the project, and are all very hyped to get things moving.

"Derek will begin recording at Mana Recording Studios in Florida, hopefully with Erik Rutan producing, after HATE ETERNAL get back from their upcoming European tour. Alex is half way done recording his bass tracks for the album and will be totally done in a few weeks. Then it's up to Derek and me to finish up mid-year."

"The Machinations Of Dementia" will feature 16 songs, including "Synaptic Plasticity", "Bleeding In The Brain", "Narcolepsy", "Oscillation Cycles", "Brain Fingerprinting", and "Laser Lobotomy", and is scheduled for a late 2006 release on a yet-to-be-determined label.

FRNK
Thin out the numbers!
Usericon van FRNK
Posted 02-02-2006 12:41 by FRNK Wijzig reactieProfiel van FRNKQuote dit berichthttp://myspace.com/frnk

wohoowwwwwww Tering, hier kijk ik echt enorm naar uit!!!! Thanx for sharing

Kramy
Usericon van Kramy
Posted 02-02-2006 18:36 by Kramy Wijzig reactieProfiel van KramyQuote dit berichthttp://https://knekelputband.bandcamp.com/album/teloorgang

GODVER! Zomaar even de 3 muzikanten met de meeste skills uit het genre bij elkaar gezet... Dit moet haast wel DE plaat van 2006 worden! Zie hier heel erg naar uit

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 17-05-2006 14:04 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

Toch ff wat ouwe school spammen voor de Jarzombek liefhebber:

Former S.A. SLAYER Singer Passes Away

Former S.A. SLAYER and JUGGERNAUT vocalist Steve Cooper photo:

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/BlabberPhotos/Miscellaneous/?action=view&current=0d196078.jpg

passed away in the early morning hours of May 14 at a San Antonio, Texas hospital from complications due to kidney failure. Cooper, who was diabetic, had been in ill health and on dialysis for several years prior to his untimely death.

Steven Lane Cooper first came to local prominence as the frontman of San Antonio favorites LIQUID SKY, also featuring guitarist Jonathan Grell (WINTERKAT, RHETT FORRESTER), whose only recorded output came in 1981 with "Cry For The King" on the 99.5 KISS-sponsored "Homegrown Album" compilation LP. Cooper then joined forces with bassist Don Van Stavern (PITBULL DAYCARE, ex-RIOT), drummer Dave McClain (MACHINE HEAD, ex-SACRED REICH), and guitarists Art Villareal and Bob Catlin in legendary Texas metal pioneers SLAYER (not to be confused with the L.A.-based act of the same name) who released their acclaimed debut EP, "Prepare To Die", in 1983 on the Rainforest label.

The band's explosive mix of early IRON MAIDEN, MERCYFUL FATE and ANGEL WITCH was further documented on their classic "Go For The Throat" LP, recorded with lead guitarist Ron Jarzombek (WATCHTOWER, SPASTIC INK) and released posthumously under the slightly altered S.A. SLAYER moniker some four years after the group's breakup. Cooper, Van Stavern, and McClain subsequently teamed up with RIOT guitarist Mark Reale in the short-lived NARITA. Cooper would re-surface with fellow Texas metallers JUGGERNAUT and contributed lead vocals on the band's 1987 sophomore album, "Trouble Within", before doing a short stint with East Coast-based Metal Blade labelmates EXXPLORER.

attila_de_hun
good person but bad musician....
Usericon van attila_de_hun
Posted 17-05-2006 14:14 by attila_de_hun Wijzig reactieProfiel van attila_de_hunQuote dit bericht

Is die DVD al uitgebracht??? (zie enkele posts eerder)

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 17-05-2006 14:56 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

quote:
Op 17 mei 2006 14:14 schreef attila_de_hun het volgende:
Is die DVD al uitgebracht??? (zie enkele posts eerder)

Ik weet er niets van (kan die post ook niet eens vinden )

XXL
Xenofobe analfabeet.
Usericon van XXL
Posted 17-05-2006 15:59 by XXL Wijzig reactieProfiel van XXLQuote dit bericht

Ik meen mij vaag te herinneren dat iemand mij wel eens zou kunnen helpen aan het Headway optreden van Watchtower op DVD.

Complete tokkie die lijdt aan zware zelfoverschatting.

attila_de_hun
good person but bad musician....
Usericon van attila_de_hun
Posted 17-05-2006 17:14 by attila_de_hun Wijzig reactieProfiel van attila_de_hunQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 17 mei 2006 14:56 schreef Mutilator het volgende:
Ik weet er niets van (kan die post ook niet eens vinden )
mijn fout. er staat cd in plaats van DVD. sorry

(ach, een mens kan blijven dromen he...)

axegrinder
Usericon van axegrinder
Posted 17-05-2006 17:50 by axegrinder Wijzig reactieProfiel van axegrinderQuote dit bericht

Door collegabands op handen gedragen, ik heb nog veel demo,s en liveopnames van ze liggen.

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 17-05-2006 18:27 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

quote:
Op 17 mei 2006 15:59 schreef XXL het volgende:
Ik meen mij vaag te herinneren dat iemand mij wel eens zou kunnen helpen aan het Headway optreden van Watchtower op DVD.

Dat zijn maar stukjes op cdr; maar idd

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door Mutilator op 17-05-2006 18:28]

FRNK
Thin out the numbers!
Usericon van FRNK
Posted 17-05-2006 18:28 by FRNK Wijzig reactieProfiel van FRNKQuote dit berichthttp://myspace.com/frnk

[edit]@axegrinder[/edit]gaaf! wat dan? en hoe kom je dr an?

voor lui die ook meer willen; Jason McMaster es mailen Ook es gedaan, heeft me een live-vid gestuurt (kostte wel wat..) en had toen nog veeeel meer in de aanbieding hehe.

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door FRNK op 17-05-2006 18:29]

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 17-05-2006 18:32 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

Zo'n beetje slordig gesealde VHS band met z/w hoes waar ook hun Wacken optreden op staat toevallig?

De dude van de Texas underground metal site heeft me eens 2 cdr's volledig gevuld met Watchtower materiaal opgestuurd, dus wellicht is dat ook een tip.

FRNK
Thin out the numbers!
Usericon van FRNK
Posted 17-05-2006 18:33 by FRNK Wijzig reactieProfiel van FRNKQuote dit berichthttp://myspace.com/frnk

yep die idd en daar achteraan nog een megasaai stuk vd Scorpions haha.

Maar toffe video! Vooral die drumcam. Wat houw'n die gast

FRNK
Thin out the numbers!
Usericon van FRNK
Posted 19-05-2006 10:23 by FRNK Wijzig reactieProfiel van FRNKQuote dit berichthttp://myspace.com/frnk

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 05-11-2006 16:18 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

Guitarist RON JARZOMBEK Issues Update On BLOTTED SCIENCE, WATCHTOWER - Nov. 3, 2006

Guitarist Ron Jarzombek (WATCHTOWER, SPASTIC INK) has posted the following update on the progress of BLOTTED SCIENCE, the instrumental extreme metal project also featuring bassist Alex Webster (CANNIBAL CORPSE) and drummer Charlie Zeleny (BEHOLD... THE ARCTOPUS):

"The BLOTTED SCIENCE recordings are coming along great. Alex finished recording all 16 tracks months ago, and as expected did a killer job. Sometimes these recording projects cause huge headaches working with writers/players via the Net, but from day one Alex has been very cool and cooperative, and just great to work with.

"Charlie is plowing through the material like there's an actual deadline (!), and he will most likely get everything recorded by the end of the year. Kinda strange how we waited around for nearly a year and a half for the drums to be recorded, then Charlie comes along, and will get the job done within months. And this is some rather brutal and technically demanding material. Then it's up to me to complete the last few rhythm tracks, write and record melodies/solos, and finish up the production. We have most of the liner notes and graphics done (thanks to Derek Vizzi and Steve Connelly), and just have to fire up a few photos and get the cover done.

"Quite a few fans have asked if BLOTTED SCIENCE will play any shows; we'll have to see what happens once the CD is released. We have a few obstacles to overcome but I think with a bit of working out, it may happen.

"On a more local front, due to the closing of H & H Music (where I have been teaching for the past 15 years), a few fellow instructors and I are opening up a new school/studio on the far northeast side of town. Actually, it's in Universal City/TX, where the majority of our clientele is. It will be called either Universal Music Studios or Randolph Music Studios.

"There has been a bit of movement on the WATCHTOWER front: Doug (Keyser; bassist) recorded a few songs and Jason (McMaster) scratch tracked vocals on a few. We'll be final tracking just a few songs in December.

"I have all of the material transcribed for my first DVD, 'Theoretically Speaking', a total of 94 pages. The focus will be the progressive/technical aspect of writing and playing, with examples and insight for material from both SPASTIC INK CDs, my solo CDs, and the upcoming BLOTTED SCIENCE - "The Machinations Of Dementia" CD. To be covered (excerpts/examples in parentheses) will be:

1. Common simple scales use and abuse - ('Aquanet' verses, 'Melissa's Friend' verses and 2nd solo, 'Multi-Masking' verse fingertap breaks, 'The Mad Dash', 'Battle Of The Hands' )

2. Changing Keys - ('Sick, Dirty, Sick', 'A Morning With Squeakie' 1st solo, 'Frank Can Get Drunk And Eat Beer', 'In Memory Of' chorus and main solo)

3. Simultaneous Major/Minor keys/progressions - ('Just A Little Bit' chorus and solo, 'Taking Notes', 'Minor Else')

4. Floating Parallels - ('A Morning With Squeakie' chase sequence, 'That 178 Thing' middle section and solo), 'Mosquito Brain Surgery' intro, 'Back And Forth')

5. Syncopation - ('Snuff', 'Mosquito Brain Surgery' main theme, various sections from 'ACRONYM', 'Tri, Tri Again', 'Gimme 5')

6. Trade-Offs - ('The Mad Data Race' bridge, 'Suspended On All Fours' breaks, 'Sex With Squeakie' "making squirrely love")

7. Starts / Stops - ('Stop-N-Go', 'The Mad Data Race' verses, 'Erratic Chromatic')

8. The A/B Switch - ('Melodramatic Chromatic', 'ACRONYM' intro)

9. The 12 tone set - ('Suspended On All Fours' themes and solo, 'Two Thirds Of Satan')

10. Modulating 12 tone sets - ('I've Got The Runs', 'I've Got The Runs Again')

11. Multiple 12 tone sets - ('Multi-Masking' solo, 'Words For Nerds' "technician")

12. The Circle Of 12 tones - ('Laser Lobotomy', 'EEG Tracings')

"I still don't know if this all will be on one DVD, or if I'll need two to cover everything.

"I've also started to get ideas for the multimedia solo adventure that I want to tackle once the BLOTTED SCIENCE CD and the DVD(s) are done. I haven't written anything since Alex and I completed the Blotted songs nearly a year ago, and I'm itching to get a few more ideas out.

"Lastly, Teddy Moeller just sent me a copy of the latest LOCH VOSTOK CD, 'Destruction Time Again!', out on Escapi Music, which I did a guest solo on the song 'Talk'. Teddy and the guys did a fabulous job with the CD (and not too bad mixing in my solo!). Thanks, Teddy Bear!!"

XXL
Xenofobe analfabeet.
Usericon van XXL
Posted 05-11-2006 17:11 by XXL Wijzig reactieProfiel van XXLQuote dit bericht

Is Derek Roddy uit zijn Blotted Science project gekicked?

El Chulo
UltraSuave!!!
Usericon van El Chulo
Posted 05-11-2006 17:40 by El Chulo Wijzig reactieProfiel van El ChuloQuote dit bericht

Volgens mij gestopt, wegens tijdgebrek.

Ahora kién, kién es el asesino. Ahora kién, kién mata sin razón. Ahora kién, utiliza las torturas....

XXL
Xenofobe analfabeet.
Usericon van XXL
Posted 05-11-2006 18:30 by XXL Wijzig reactieProfiel van XXLQuote dit bericht

Spijtig.

Martinator
Cereal killer
Usericon van Martinator
Posted 17-03-2007 15:27 by Martinator Wijzig reactieProfiel van MartinatorQuote dit bericht

Ik kijk erg uit naar Blotted Science, misschien nog wel meer nu Charlie van Behold... The Arctopus de drums in heeft gespeeld. Ron heeft net 200 uur werk gedaan om die te produceren, zodat ie nu alleen zijn solo's nog in hoeft te spelen en het zaakje op CD moet zetten en de een of andere distributiedeal moet versieren. Dat laatste moet wel te doen zijn met hun naam in de bizz...

Jason wil nog steeds de vocals voor de eerste twee te completeren Mathematics nummers binnenkort inzingen en ik ben Doug Keyser aan het bewerken (leek vorig jaar ook succes te hebben) om meer van zijn baslijnen op te nemen. Het zal een langdurig proces blijven, maar ik hoop dat ze allemaal vinden dat ze er genoeg werk in gestopt hebben om het ook af te maken. Wie weet komen de eerste zes nummers dit jaar nog af. Ik hoop het maar, want echt progressieve metal heeft een enorme schop onder het achterwerk nodig (en eigenlijk is het treurig dat die van een eigenlijk niet meer bestaande band zou moeten komen). Maar vraag Ron er maar niet naar als ie met Marty Friedman hier langskomt (hij gaat turven ).

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 18-03-2007 13:29 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

Goeie zaak Martinator!!!

The 'Blotted Science - The Machinations Of Dementia' recordings are nearing the final stages. All Basic tracks are done. Charlie (Zeleny - Behold The Arctopus drummer) finished his tracks on Dec. 31), and I just finished production on the drums last night at somewhere around 3:30 AM. Alex (Webster - Cannibal Corpse bassist) finished his tracks months ago. Alex and Charlie came through with killer performances. All that's left is for me to write and record melodies/solos, and finish up the production. Graphics are also nearly completed.

We have not yet decided how exactly we're gonna get this album out. We might release it on our own through various distributors, or we might consider signing a licensing deal with a label for at least some of the territories. It really kind of depends on what the labels are willing to offer. We should have a couple advance tracks ready for shopping purposes very soon.........

Those of you expecting to hear some brutal and technically demanding material, prepare yourselves...
"

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door Mutilator op 18-03-2007 13:31]

Dit topic is 6 pagina's lang: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Index / Heavy Metal Active topics Nieuw topic Post reply Vorige pagina | Volgende pagina
http://www.zwaremetalen.com