IndexProfielRegistrerenHelpActive TopicsSearch Inloggen
Index / Heavy Metal Nieuw Topic Post Reply
Dit topic is 7 pagina's lang: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Auteur:
Topic : Annihilator Vorige pagina | Volgende pagina
Orion
Usericon van Orion
Posted 28-10-2004 8:37 by Orion Wijzig reactieProfiel van OrionQuote dit bericht

ANNIHILATOR mainman Jeff Waters has hit back at BLABBERMOUTH.NET detractors who have criticized him and his band in the wake of his claim that he is "the fastest/tightest-picking guitarist in the world."

Writing to ANNIHILATOR's official web site, Waters said, "I know i put out some GREAT CDs/songs and some not-great-ones. Not all songs I do (or ANY band does) are great. But many, many, many love what I do with ANNIHILATOR; at least some of it!

"It is SOOOO fun to get those folks going, you have no idea. It is like someone who has heard 1 or 2 of my songs, and then they base their opinion on those 2 tunes. When there are really 110+ other ANNIHILATOR tunes to listen to! I dont like all of AC/DC, SLAYER, METALLICA, PRIEST, MAIDEN, EXODUS songs but I sure like many of them. Those bands are some of my favorite bands ever!

"It is a lesson in social psychology to watch as people 'assume' you are something that you are not, because you have many line-up changes over 15 years. Ummm, has the thought ever crossed their minds that ANNIHILATOR is and always has been a solo project??! Hehe! Duuuh! Line-up changes can trigger the immediate thought 'Whoa; this guy must have a big ego and be an a..hole if he changes members so often.' Ummm... no. In solo projects that last for 15 years, there is bound to be many changes! In fact, I never want to keep the same line-up; boring.

"I would LOVE to hear their reaction after listening to more than 'Alice'/'Never' and the title track 'All For You'! Just because we never toured and released CDs in the USA for a long time, people assumed that we were not doing well and many thought and believed that the music after 'Neverland' was 'bad'. But they have never heard it and never knew that cd's like 'King of the Kill' (1994) and 'All For You' (2004) were a few of my biggest selling CDs and biggest touring!

"So you see, when people say we 'suck,' often this has some merrit. I don't like every song or every band; no one has to like ANNIHILATOR and we all have different tastes. But if this is said out of ignorance (heard this by way of rumour or only heard a few tunes OR only heard songs 15 years ago!), then what would they think if they knew that many of THEIR favorite bands and musicians like and respect ANNIHILATOR? That would sure mess them up! A good point! I could give you a list of 50 musicians that are 'fans' of what I do. It would make u go 'Wow!' But I won't; I just enjoy it greatly when they give me VIP passes to their shows! Haha!

"Don't tell 'em that we have 13 CDs out, over a million units sold and have been touring most every year throughout europe/asia and kickin' butt! Oh, and with bands like PRIEST, 22 tours, playing on shows with most every band they like, etc...!

"This Watersgate / Firestorm is the funnest thing that has happened to me in so long! But maybe it is un-fair to play on people's ignorance?!

"Oh yeah; did I mention (yes) that who can play the 'fastest' means poopoo! Got some attention though; NOT ONE PERSON has challenged this statement (fastest/tightest metal guitarist); every guitarist mentionned, so far, does not catch me. Some really hate that I might be right on that one!

"OK; I will stop now! Back to selling CDs and making music!"

Mezelf tegen friet! en spotten en al ut andere kansloos gedoe weest wel !?

DaVinz
Tod - Trauer
Usericon van DaVinz
Posted 28-10-2004 8:41 by DaVinz Wijzig reactieProfiel van DaVinzQuote dit bericht

wijze woorden van jeff

I am soulless and proud, That I'm not like your kind, I delight in watching you drown, As this world drags you down

Filth Lucre
Ja, maar Satan dan?
Usericon van Filth Lucre
Posted 06-01-2005 18:20 by Filth Lucre Wijzig reactieProfiel van Filth LucreQuote dit bericht

Hoe vaker je hem hoort, hoe mooier hij word . Ik ben zowat verslaaft aan dit schijfje . Geweldige vocalen (die me soms wat aan James Hetfield & Tom Araya doen denken). Aan Tom's vocalen erg in het nr Rage Absolute. Er zitten ook zeer heerschende basloopjes in (bijvoorbeeld de intro van de cd). En ook erg lekkere afwisselingen tussen snelle/harde stukken en rustige stukken (bijvoorbeeld het nr Both of Me) .

Zeer heerschende plaat dus . Beste werk van Jeff tot nu toe, imo . Ik hoop dat ze deze line-up houden. Ik kan niet wachten om ze eens live te bewonderen .

Did you have any trouble getting in? - No, the guy with the rubber glove was surprisingly gentle.

Mutilator
SPILL YER GUTS !!!!!! (Extra gore mod)
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 30-03-2005 23:50 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

Former ANNIHILATOR, GRIP INC. Members Join Forces In STRESS FACTOR 9 - Mar. 30, 2005

Former ANNIHILATOR members Randy Rampage (vocals) and Ray Hartmann (drums) have teamed up with bassist Stu Carruthers (GRIP INC., JUST CAUSE), guitarist Ash Blue (ex-STRAPPING YOUNG LAD) and guitarist/vocalist Kick (VERTICAL AFTER) in a brand new band called STRESS FACTOR 9. The group's musical style is described as "catchy, memorable punk-metal-urban ditties with big anthemic sing-along choruses." A 21-second rehearsal recording of STRESS FACTOR 9 is available for download at this location. http://www.verticalafter.com/rampage/clip-comp.mp3

STRESS FACTOR 9 are looking to release an EP in time for a planned European tour this summer.

For more information, visit www.stressfactor9.com.

The quality of our perceptions determines the quality of our judgement. Our judgement determines how we interact with the world. How we interact with the world changes the world. So, the quality of our perceptions changes the world.

aerodis
Usericon van aerodis
Posted 12-11-2005 11:42 by aerodis Wijzig reactieProfiel van aerodisQuote dit bericht

Ik zit nu "Criteria for a Black Widow" te luisteren, en vooralsnog ontdek ik er helemaal niets in. Ik had er stukken meer van verwacht...

she_devil
too true to be true
Usericon van she_devil
Posted 13-11-2005 14:06 by she_devil Wijzig reactieProfiel van she_devilQuote dit berichthttp://shedevil.wiebel.nl

hoe vaker ik de nieuwe plaat hoor, hoe vetter ik em vind!
vooral "Invite It" en "Something Witchy" zijn geweldige nummers!

wait for me dragon, we'll meet in the sky

enforcer
Uche, Uche, Uche.........Pierre Kartner!
Usericon van enforcer
Posted 13-11-2005 20:01 by enforcer Wijzig reactieProfiel van enforcerQuote dit berichthttp://www.enforcer-metal.com

quote:
Op 12 november 2005 11:42 schreef aerodis het volgende:
Ik zit nu "Criteria for a Black Widow" te luisteren, en vooralsnog ontdek ik er helemaal niets in. Ik had er stukken meer van verwacht...

Is ook ene mindere ANNIHILATOR plaat naar mijn mening.

De nieuwe klinkt wel goed maar godver wat klinkt die zanger belabberd, muzikaal wel weer helemaal toppie!

Count Usher
"The Beige Sisters of Premenstrual Agony."
Usericon van Count Usher
Posted 13-11-2005 20:18 by Count Usher (Redacteur) Wijzig reactieProfiel van Count UsherQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 12 november 2005 11:42 schreef aerodis het volgende:

Die vind ik net erg leuk. Erg Old School.

When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 09-02-2006 12:21 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

STRESS FACTOR 9: Former ANNIHILATOR Members Release Debut CD With New Project - Feb. 9, 2006

STRESS FACTOR 9, the new band featuring former ANNIHILATOR members Randy Rampage (vocals) and Ray Hartmann (drums), have announced the release of their debut 12-song CD, "BrainWarp MindSpin". The album was produced and mixed by Shaun Thingvold (STRAPPING YOUNG LAD, FEAR FACTORY, LAMB OF GOD), recorded stealthily from November 11 until the end of mixing January 21 at Greenhouse studios in Vancouver in the room that NICKELBACK used to record "This is How You Remind Me".

"BrainWarp MindSpin" (view cover here) will first be available in USA on Amazon.com and on the band's official web site and later at retail stores. In Europe the album will be available from Century Media Germany retail store distribution network and web site.

STRESS FACTOR 9 have played several live dates in the fall of 2005, including a support slot with OVERKILL. The band will later announce the tour itinerary for Europe, Japan, and some U.S. dates for summer 2006.

The quality of our perceptions determines the quality of our judgement. Our judgement determines how we interact with the world. How we interact with the world changes the world. So, the quality of our perceptions changes the world.

Hypnos
Godmadeself
Usericon van Hypnos
Posted 11-05-2006 16:29 by Hypnos (Hoofdredacteur) Wijzig reactieProfiel van HypnosQuote dit bericht

Schizo deluxe is toch weer even een opleving.
Welk album uit de eerste jaren raden de oudjes mij aan?

signature

Murdering Monk
For a nihilist nothing is at least something...
Usericon van Murdering Monk
Posted 11-05-2006 17:36 by Murdering Monk Wijzig reactieProfiel van Murdering MonkQuote dit berichthttp://www.myspace.com/murdering_monk

quote:
Op 11 mei 2006 16:29 schreef Hypnos het volgende:

Ik ben geen oudje, maar ik zou gaan voor Alice in hell en Never, neverland

edit: typen is ook een vak...

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door Murdering Monk op 11-05-2006 17:36]

True as steel, fake as hell!! www.context-band.nl www.myspace.com/contextband

blonde rockgod
Envy is the ulcer of the soul.
Usericon van blonde rockgod
Posted 11-05-2006 17:38 by blonde rockgod Wijzig reactieProfiel van blonde rockgodQuote dit berichthttp://www.departuremetal.com

quote:
Op 11 mei 2006 16:29 schreef Hypnos het volgende:

Uhhh, natuurlijk Alice in Hell en Never Neverland! Daarna kwam Set the world on fire, en dat is een draak van een CD, errug slechte en slissende zanger, matige songs, gewoon volkomen kut! King of the Kill is wel weer leuk vind ik, met Jeff zelf op zang, maar wel met een drumcomputer. De songs op King of the Kill zijn redelijk poppy. Daarna heb ik Annihilator eigenlijk niet meer gevolgd....

Murdering Monk
Posted 11-05-2006 17:49 by Murdering Monk Wijzig reactieProfiel van Murdering MonkQuote dit berichthttp://www.myspace.com/murdering_monk

King of the kill had toch een echte drummer?? Heb dat ding hier liggen, heb echt nooit doorgehad dat dat een drumcomputer was, hehe

Set the world on fire heeft zeker toffe nummers, maar idd die zanger... dn luister i toch een stuk liever naar de live uitvoeringen op die live plaat, want ik vind m muziekaal toch wel sterk in elkaar zitten, ok, het is wat softer, maar zeker niet slecht!!

blonde rockgod
Posted 11-05-2006 17:52 by blonde rockgod Wijzig reactieProfiel van blonde rockgodQuote dit berichthttp://www.departuremetal.com

In intervieuws tijdens de King of the Kill promotie zei Jeff zelf dat t computers waren.. Welke "nieuwere" cd's zijn aan te raden?

Murdering Monk
Posted 11-05-2006 17:59 by Murdering Monk Wijzig reactieProfiel van Murdering MonkQuote dit berichthttp://www.myspace.com/murdering_monk

Hmm, ik zou carnavl diablos zeggen, ik vind m vrij sterk, staan erg goei knallers op, maar ook wat mindere dingen die wat meer naar ac/dc neigen, en das niet echt mijn ding, waking the fury is ook wel tof, maar die vind ik echt een te kut gitaargeluid hebben, en criteria for a black widow, weer een cd met randy rampage, is gewoon lekker

Sjmiegl
Kruutje!!!
Usericon van Sjmiegl
Posted 16-06-2006 17:54 by Sjmiegl Wijzig reactieProfiel van SjmieglQuote dit bericht

Volgens mij is de enige cd waarin een drumcomputer zat, Remains. Dat is gelijk ook de enige afrader die ik zou geven als Annihilator-album.

Metal Thrashing Mad !!!

Hypnos
Godmadeself
Usericon van Hypnos
Posted 16-06-2006 17:58 by Hypnos (Hoofdredacteur) Wijzig reactieProfiel van HypnosQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 11 mei 2006 17:52 schreef blonde rockgod het volgende:
In intervieuws tijdens de King of the Kill promotie zei Jeff zelf dat t computers waren.. Welke "nieuwere" cd's zijn aan te raden?

schizo deluxe

signature

Heipaal
Usericon van Heipaal
Posted 02-09-2006 1:38 by Heipaal Wijzig reactieProfiel van HeipaalQuote dit bericht

King of the Kill is 100 % een drumcomputer, is ook duidelijk te horen, als de Aardschok liegt lieg ik ook want daar stond het in!

Ik heb deze week de hele week KotK in mijn auto gedraaid en hoewel ik alle Annihilator albums bezit op de laatste 2 na moet ik zeggen dat deze CD met toch wel errug goed bevalt, Waters is een geniaal gitarist, maar teksten schrijven kan hij beter aan anderen overlaten, een uitzondering daargelaten zijn die op dit album ronduit bagger te noemen.......

"Je moet de mening van de meerderheid niet verwarren met de waarheid....."

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 03-02-2007 14:19 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

Weer nieuws over de speedmetalband met de gave solos:

Matige titel, maar als het teruggrijpt naar de eerste 3 albums belooft het toch wel wat...

ANNIHILATOR To Unleash 'Metal' In April

SPV Records has set an April 16 European release date (April 13 in Germany) for the new ANNIHILATOR album, entitled "Metal". According to a press release, "Anybody reading the album title of the latest ANNIHILATOR release, 'Metal', will know what to expect. What we have here is no pseudo-intellectual moniker, no term that suggests pensiveness or indeed ambiguity, but boldness, directness and determination. It's a title that suits Jeff Waters' dynamic guitar style down to a tee. Like few other musicians, Waters' name stands for a tough-as-nails, energetic and always brilliant metal guitar."

Commented Waters: "It may sound a little strange when I say that the new album reminds me of the first three ANNIHILATOR recordings. You could be tempted to think that I am looking back artistically, when the opposite happens to be the case. I always try to evolve musically. But it's a fact that I composed the new material the way I went about the early ANNIHILATOR tracks. Instead of writing them with the help of state-of-the-art studio equipment and recording them immediately, almost all of the guitar riffs were developed on a simple ghetto blaster. I only went on to find a rhythm and arrangements to suit an idea if it really floored me."

The ten new tracks were recorded by Waters, playing guitar and bass and on lead vocals for one number ("Operation Annihilation"), drummer Mike Mangini and vocalist Dave Padden. A literal "army" of renowned guest musicians, whose names Waters will reveal soon, also dropped in to be a part of this. ANNIHILATOR fans had better brace themselves for a big surprise. Waters says, "This is one of the coolest guitar albums of all time. And I'm saying this despite the fact that I don't happen to be a friend of exaggerated superlatives. The fact is that 'Metal' is a dream-come-true for me, and this new ANNIHILATOR CD is going to rock and awe."

April will see ANNIHILATOR embark on a major European tour as speak no evil's special guests, playing over 40 shows until early May in countries such as Germany, England, Belgium, the Netherlands, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Austria, Italy and France. "The business side of our career rests in capable hands at last," says the musician from Canada. "We have an ambitious record label, a committed management and a concert agency that knows how to present us."

blonde rockgod
Posted 03-02-2007 14:57 by blonde rockgod Wijzig reactieProfiel van blonde rockgodQuote dit berichthttp://www.departuremetal.com

quote:
Op 3 februari 2007 14:19 schreef Mutilator het volgende:
Weer nieuws over de speedmetalband met de gave solos:

Matige titel, maar als het teruggrijpt naar de eerste 3 albums belooft het toch wel wat...

Was het 3e album niet "Set The World On Fire"? Dat was een baggerplaat vond ik, dus als ze teruggrijpen naar de 1e 2 albums ben ik voor.

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 03-02-2007 15:13 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

quote:
Op 3 februari 2007 14:57 schreef blonde rockgod het volgende:
Was het 3e album niet "Set The World On Fire"? Dat was een baggerplaat vond ik, dus als ze teruggrijpen naar de 1e 2 albums ben ik voor.

Helemaal met je eens en wat daarna uitkomt is heel wisselvallig van aflopend tot een soort wederopstanding met Criteria for a black widow wanneer een van mijn favo zangers Randy Rampage ff terugkeert.

Moet zeggen dat ik het daarna niet meer echt gevolgd heb; het nieuwere werk nodigde me niet echt uit er moeite voor te doen, al was het optreden op Wacken 2005 zeer overtuigend met een excellerende Waters!

axegrinder
Usericon van axegrinder
Posted 03-02-2007 15:50 by axegrinder Wijzig reactieProfiel van axegrinderQuote dit bericht

Inderdaad Annihilator brokkelde na iedere volgend album een stukje meer af, tevens een band met zoveel line-up wisselingen kan nooit een stabiele factor worden in hun eigen karakteristieke geluid.
Daardoor is het niveau in topnummers als Human Insecticide ook nooit meer gehaald.

Aaaarco
Usericon van Aaaarco
Posted 03-02-2007 16:23 by Aaaarco Wijzig reactieProfiel van AaaarcoQuote dit bericht

mwoa.. op elke plaat staan toch wel een paar erg goeie dingen... maar inderdaad ik geef toe dat er ook behoorlijke rotzooi tussenzit!

ben benieuwd die vorige was best ok

In black metal maakt men grapjes over religie... aldus pindakaasruud

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 24-02-2007 18:01 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

ANNIHILATOR NEWS: 02/19/07 -

Annihilator is considered by many to be the perfect example of an intelligent, sweaty, ever surprising metal act, having released a number of classics à la Alice In Hell, Never, Neverland, King Of The Kill, Carnival Diablos, Schizo Deluxe and others over the years. In April 2007, after a full year of writing and production, Annihilator will release Metal.

Metal’s ten new tracks were recorded by Jeff Waters (guitar, bass and lead vocals on one song), drum legend Mike Mangini and Dave Padden (long-time vocalist and touring guitarist/vocalist). Metal also features sensational performances by some of metal’s finest players and Annihilator’s good friends, like Alexi Laiho (Children Of Bodom), Danko Jones (Danko Jones), Michael Amott and Angela Gossow (Arch Enemy), Corey Beaulieu (Trivium), William Adler (Lamb Of God), Jeff Loomis (Nevermore), Jesper Strømblad (In Flames), Steve ´Lips` Kudlow (Anvil), Anders Bjørler (The Haunted), Mike Mangini (Steve Vai, Extreme, Annihilator), Jacob Lynam (Lynam) and more.

In view of these impressive omens, one should tend to believe Waters when he states: “Metal is going to be known as one of the coolest guitar albums out there but this is also one of the best-written records in my career; something that you can never achieve if you try… it just happens!”

Jeff Waters on the straightforward and unambiguous album title, Metal: “The new album reminds me of the first four Annihilator records. It’s then tempting to think that I’m looking back artistically, when the opposite happens to be the case. But it’s a fact that I composed the new material the same way I went about the early Annihilator tracks. This record combines many of the diverse styles you will find in metal music done our way. Annihilator Metal”

April will see Annihilator embark on a major European tour as Trivium’s very special guests, playing over 40 shows into June in countries such as Germany, England, Belgium, the Netherlands, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Austria, Italy and France and then summer festival shows to follow.

Metal will be released April 11 in Japan (King Records), April 12 in Australia/New Zealand (World Riot Distributors), April 13 in Germany (SPV Records) and on April 16 in the rest of Europe (SPV Records).

TRACK LISTING:

01. Clown Parade – feat. Jeff Loomis (Nevermore)
02. Couple Suicide – feat. Danko Jones (Danko Jones) & Angela Gossow (Arch Enemy)
03. Army Of One – feat. Steve ´Lips` Kudlow (Anvil)
04. Downright Dominate – feat. Alexi Laiho (Children Of Bodom)
05. Smothered – feat. Anders Bjørler (The Haunted)
06. Operation Annihilation – feat. Michael Amott (Arch Enemy)
07. Haunted – feat. Jesper Strømblad (In Flames)
08. Kicked – feat. Corey Beaulieu (Trivium)
09 . Detonation – feat. Jacob Lynam (Lynam)
10. Chasing The High – feat. William Adler (Lamb Of God)

zakkenvuller
Usericon van zakkenvuller
Posted 24-02-2007 18:04 by zakkenvuller Wijzig reactieProfiel van zakkenvullerQuote dit bericht

Wat is dat toch met die gastmuzikanten op albums? Het eerste album met een dergelijk concept wat wel overtuigt moet ik nog tegenkomen.

Nog zo stoere internet warrior.

Dit topic is 7 pagina's lang: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Index / Heavy Metal Active topics Nieuw topic Post reply Vorige pagina | Volgende pagina
http://www.zwaremetalen.com