IndexProfielRegistrerenHelpActive TopicsSearch Inloggen
Index / Heavy Metal Nieuw Topic
Dit topic is 40 pagina's lang:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Auteur:
Topic : Dream Theater Vorige pagina | Volgende pagina
MR. N
Envy is the ulcer of the soul.
Usericon van MR. N
Posted 28-04-2011 23:32 by MR. N Profiel van MR. Nhttp://www.herrierecordsinc,com

quote:
Op 28 april 2011 23:20 schreef Blueprint het volgende:
Het is zeker een geniale mediastunt. Jammer dat Mike Portnoy niet bij de kandidaten zit.

Suprise guest?

Boeiender

Staalman
Usericon van Staalman
Posted 29-04-2011 8:45 by Staalman Profiel van Staalman

Ehm... dit kunnen ze dan weer beter niet doen:

DREAM THEATER: 'The Spirit Carries On' Drummer-Search Web Series To Be Released On DVD - Apr. 28, 2011

Zach Shaw of Metal Insider conducted an interview with Mike Leonard, director of DREAM THEATER's web series "The Spirit Carries On", which chronicles the audition process behind the band's search for drummer Mike Portnoy's replacement. An excerpt from the chat follows below.

Metal Insider: Out of the seven drummers that auditioned, was there one that particularly stood out to you?

Mike Leonard: "We filmed with Mike Mangini (STEVE VAI, EXTREME, ANNIHILATOR) the night before his audition and both as a person and as a drummer, he impressed me the most. Mike is such an incredibly genuine and nice guy, just like all the members of DREAM THEATER. He's also incredibly meticulous about making sure he does his part and gets all the details right. All of the drummers that we filmed with were incredibly nice and professional, but Mike really made a great impression on me. Then watching him play in real life blew me away — he's a monster. He plays the most complicated things like they're nothing, just incredible. I'll never forget it."

Metal Insider: Are there any plans to release a physical copy of this documentary, maybe along with extra footage?

Mike Leonard: "Yes, I believe there is going to be a DVD release this summer with the new album. We have talked about many different options and I have no idea what is actually going to happen, but I'm sure it will be released at some point and there’s tons of potential for bonus footage."

"Life Is Much More Beautiful, When It Means Nothing At All"

bastianus
Usericon van bastianus
Posted 29-04-2011 9:34 by bastianus Profiel van bastianus

Het radicale feminisme is niet eens een lachnummer meer: het is een karikatuur van een parodie op een klucht.

Wordfuhrer TMDC
Usericon van Wordfuhrer TMDC
Posted 29-04-2011 10:35 by Wordfuhrer TMDC Profiel van Wordfuhrer TMDC

als we het dan toch over geniale slagwerkers hebben: http://vimeo.com/6965371

Daops
Usericon van Daops
Posted 29-04-2011 12:15 by Daops Profiel van Daops

quote:
Op 29 april 2011 8:45 schreef Staalman het volgende:
Ehm... dit kunnen ze dan weer beter niet doen:

Ach, als ze het als bonus-dvd bij het nieuwe album doen vind ik het best. Maar dan het liefste ook wel met een 'making of' van de plaat erbij

Hem apart releasen zou dan wel weer jammer zijn..

Anyway, straks om 17 uur het laatste deel online.

www.progpower.com "Ik woon zelf buitenaf maar van mensen uit plaatsen waar wel Moslims wonen proef je de angst. Sommigen durven geen karbonade of schnitzel op de BBQ te gooien uit angst voor ruzies."

Pem
d'Oh!!
Usericon van Pem
Posted 29-04-2011 15:06 by Pem Profiel van Pem

quote:
Op 29 april 2011 12:15 schreef Daops het volgende:
Ach, als ze het als bonus-dvd bij het nieuwe album doen vind ik het best. Maar dan het liefste ook wel met een 'making of' van de plaat erbij

Hem apart releasen zou dan wel weer jammer zijn..

Anyway, straks om 17 uur het laatste deel online.

Alles plus 1

Op 18 juni 2011 23:45 schreef BenKnuckles het volgende: Dat niet, dat zorgt voor Pemibele situaties.

Pem
d'Oh!!
Usericon van Pem
Posted 29-04-2011 17:34 by Pem Profiel van Pem

Tjeempie wat een verrassing, het is Mangini geworden!

Anyway, leek me de meest waarschijnlijke keus inderdaad. Al had ik persoonlijk liever Donati, Wildoer of Minneman op de drumkruk gezien. Oh well, Mangini is ook te gek, dus no harm done

Op 18 juni 2011 23:45 schreef BenKnuckles het volgende: Dat niet, dat zorgt voor Pemibele situaties.

XXL
Xenofobe analfabeet.
Usericon van XXL
Posted 29-04-2011 17:37 by XXL Profiel van XXL

It's Official: MIKE MANGINI Is New DREAM THEATER Drummer - Apr. 29, 2011
Mike Mangini, the 48-year-old session artist who has played for ANNIHILATOR, EXTREME, JAMES LABRIE and STEVE VAI, has officially joined DREAM THEATER as the replacement for the recently departed Mike Portnoy.

Commented Mangini: "The day that I got the phone call to be in DREAM THEATER, it took my brain a minute to assemble what was going on, and when it sank in, the feeling was just of tremendous relief.

"It means so much to me, I almost felt like crying a couple of times. [Laughs] I didn't know what to do."

"What it means to me to be part of not only such a legendary band, but this band, is a sense of fulfillment and purpose. I feel like a puzzle piece, and with Mike [Portnoy] in particular, I feel really honored to carry on the torch for him; I'm carrying on his spirit."

Mangini is notorious for his technical prowess and holds three out of four World's Fastest Drummer titles. These include the Fastest Matched grip at 1,247 strokes in 60 seconds; Fastest Hands, which he earned by executing 1,203 single-stroke notes in 60 seconds without drumsticks mallets etc.; Fastest Traditional Grip which he earned by executing 1,126 strokes in 60 seconds; and Fastest Single Stroke Foot record, playing 13,222 hits in 15 minutes and 5,222 hits in five minutes.

Mangini has written two books about his drumming techniques. These books, titled "Rhythm Knowledge", are a practice method for deconstructing and simplifying complex polyrhythms and time signatures.

Mangini joined ANNIHILATOR in 1991 and appeared on the band's "Set The World On Fire" album. He toured with the group in support of the CD until 1994 at which point he was asked to play with the Massachusetts band EXTREME, replacing that group's original drummer Paul Geary.

After EXTREME dissolved in 1996, Mike was informed through drummer Jonathan Mover that guitarist Steve Vai was auditioning drummers for his live band. Mike successfully auditioned for Steve Vai's band and relocated to Los Angeles.

From late 1996 to early 2000, Mangini was the highly regarded drummer of Vai's live ensemble, which also included bassist Philip Bynoe, guitar wizard Mike Keneally and (in 2000) guitarist Dave Weiner. Mike also recorded several drum tracks for Steve's "Fire Garden" and "Ultrazone" albums.

In 2005, Mike accepted a full-time teaching position at the Berklee College of Music in Boston and today he is a prominent faculty member in the school's percussion department.

Portnoy, who co-founded DREAM THEATER more than 20 years ago, abruptly quit the band last summer while on tour with AVENGED SEVENFOLD.

He played on AVENGED SEVENFOLD's latest album, "Nightmare", following the death of that band's drummer, Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan, and toured with them in late 2010 .

The third and final webisode in which the members of DREAM THEATER share with their fans some of the intense process, along with the musical joy, that went into choosing a new drummer can be viewed below.

A little more than a month after Portnoy's sudden departure from DREAM THEATER, the band held three days of auditions in New York City. Over an amazing and productive three-day period, the band played, jammed and spoke candidly with seven of the world's greatest drummers, learning about them musically, personally and professionally, and assessing the fit of each drummer's incredible chops with the band's trademark prog-rock sound.

The members of DREAM THEATER have been extremely sensitive to the fact that this is not only a monumental decision in their own lives, but also a critical moment in the lives of their fans around the world. "The departure of our lifelong bandmate and friend was an unexpected and truly heartbreaking blow," said guitarist John Petrucci. "The fact that as a result of that event we'd be introduced to seven infinitely capable and uniquely talented drummers was heartening."

The following seven drummers took part in the DREAM THEATER audition process:

* Aquiles Priester (age 39) (ANGRA, PAUL DI'ANNO)
* Peter Wildoer (age 36) (DARKANE)
* Marco Minnemann (age 40) (KREATOR, NECROPHAGIST, EPHEL DUATH, JOE SATRIANI)
* Virgil Donati (age 52) (PLANET X, SEVEN THE HARDWAY)
* Derek Roddy (age 38) (HATE ETERNAL, NILE, TODAY IS THE DAY)
* Mike Mangini (age 48) (STEVE VAI, EXTREME, ANNIHILATOR)
* Thomas Lang (age 43) (JOHN WETTON, ROBERT FRIPP, GLENN HUGHES)

Complete tokkie die lijdt aan zware zelfoverschatting.

ColdheartMinor
Oink! Oink!
Usericon van ColdheartMinor
Posted 29-04-2011 19:44 by ColdheartMinor Profiel van ColdheartMinor

Mike lijkt me echt een prima gozer. Aardig, spontaan, en een hele goeie drummer. Het zou gewoon veel leuker zijn geweest als Mike was gebleven maar hier kan ik denk wel mee leven, we wachten het eerste album af hier, en het optreden op Bospop.

Daops
Usericon van Daops
Posted 29-04-2011 19:49 by Daops Profiel van Daops

quote:
Op 29 april 2011 17:34 schreef Pem het volgende:
Tjeempie wat een verrassing, het is Mangini geworden!

Anyway, leek me de meest waarschijnlijke keus inderdaad. Al had ik persoonlijk liever Donati, Wildoer of Minneman op de drumkruk gezien. Oh well, Mangini is ook te gek, dus no harm done
Ja, wat een schok..

Kan me wel vinden in de top drie. Minneman, maar ook Wildoer maakten eveneens indruk. Donati is een superdrummer, maar past gewoon niet genoeg bij de band.

Aandoenlijk hoe blij Mangini was toen hij het nieuws hoorde ook.

Zo, en nu wachten op de terugkeer van Portnoy!

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door Daops op 29-04-2011 19:50]

www.progpower.com "Ik woon zelf buitenaf maar van mensen uit plaatsen waar wel Moslims wonen proef je de angst. Sommigen durven geen karbonade of schnitzel op de BBQ te gooien uit angst voor ruzies."

spectre
Usericon van spectre
Posted 30-04-2011 11:32 by spectre Profiel van spectre

Ik ben helemaal geen liefhebber van deze band maar ik heb genoten van de drummer docu! Ik denk niet dat de andere Mike ooit nog terug kan komen na zo uit te pakken op deze manier.

Vette insight hoe deze band werkt

Ik ben een romanticus en zo'n James Bond sigaret lijkt mij wel wat

attematic
Pictures and stories
Usericon van attematic
Posted 06-05-2011 13:56 by attematic Profiel van attematic

Blij voor Mangini! Goudeerlijke gast en een pria toevoeging voor DT

10.10.1942 - 20.11.2011

Sjon
Usericon van Sjon
Posted 06-05-2011 18:46 by Sjon Profiel van Sjon

quote:
Op 29 april 2011 19:49 schreef Daops het volgende:
Donati is een superdrummer, maar past gewoon niet genoeg bij de band.

Donati vond ik er qua spel eigenlijk nog het beste bijpassen.

ColdheartMinor
Oink! Oink!
Posted 06-05-2011 20:00 by ColdheartMinor Profiel van ColdheartMinor

Inderdaad, maar k denk, dat het dan het zelfde wordt als MP bij Avenged Sevenfold. Donati heeft echt geen uitdaging aan een band als Dream Theater, vooral niet als ze de richting verder in zetten die op SC en BCSL werd ingezet.

Pem
d'Oh!!
Usericon van Pem
Posted 06-05-2011 20:24 by Pem Profiel van Pem

quote:
Op 6 mei 2011 20:00 schreef ColdheartMinor het volgende:
Donati heeft echt geen uitdaging aan een band als Dream Theater, vooral niet als ze de richting verder in zetten die op SC en BCSL werd ingezet.

Hangt er een beetje vanaf, als hij improvisatie-matig mag spelen, en [voldoende] mee mag componeren zal dat nog wel enigszins meevallen. Maar ik denk dat hij als muzikant [en misschien ook als persoon] net wat te... 'eigenzinnig' is om bij zo'n band als DT te passen hehe.

Denk dat Mangini qua persoonlijkheid er beter bij past, en zoals al gezegd werd was zijn blijheid wel heel aandoenlijk.

Blueprint
Usericon van Blueprint
Posted 08-05-2011 15:16 by Blueprint Profiel van Blueprint

Het is voor de band ook wel makkelijk: ze kunnen hun drummer gewoon Mike blijven noemen, wat eventuele pijnlijke vergissingen scheelt

Vargen666
Niet de bassiste van Sigh
Usericon van Vargen666
Posted 08-05-2011 15:26 by Vargen666 Profiel van Vargen666http://www.facebook.com/ultravargen

Mutilator
SPILL YER GUTS !!!!!! (Extra gore mod)
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 08-05-2011 18:54 by Mutilator (Moderator) Profiel van Mutilatorhttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

Mike Machini Kga het resultaat tzt zeker een luisterbeurt geven.

The quality of our perceptions determines the quality of our judgement. Our judgement determines how we interact with the world. How we interact with the world changes the world. So, the quality of our perceptions changes the world.

Staalman
Usericon van Staalman
Posted 08-06-2011 8:20 by Staalman Profiel van Staalman

Wat een zeik titel gezien de laatste ontwikkelingen.

DREAM THEATER: New Album Title, Track Listing Revealed - June 7, 2011

Progressive metal giants DREAM THEATER have set "A Dramatic Turn Of Events" as the title of their new album, tentatively due in early September via Roadrunner Records. The CD is currently being mixed by Andy Wallace, who has previously worked with AVENGED SEVENFOLD, WHITE ZOMBIE, RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE, SEPULTURA, SLAYER and NIRVANA, among many others.

"I'm incredibly psyched with the way this album came out and can't wait to share it with everybody," guitarist John Petrucci, who also serves as the producer for "A Dramatic Turn Of Events", said. "We are currently in the mix stage with the great Andy Wallace and it's all sounding amazing!"

"We have poured our hearts and minds into the creation of this album," keyboardist Jordan Rudess offered. "All the life changing events that surrounded us before, as well as during the whole process, fueled our desire to dig deep within ourselves and create the best music we possibly could."

Vocalist James LaBrie said, "In the grand scheme of DREAM THEATER's career, the last several months have been such an incredibly positive, fulfilling and rewarding experience. The new songs and sound has never been so spirited or rejuvenating. I cannot wait for every one of our fans to sink their audio senses into this batch of tunes."

"A Dramatic Turn Of Events" track listing:

01. On The Backs Of Angels
02. Build Me Up, Break Me Down
03. Lost Not Forgotten
04. This Is The Life
05. The Shaman's Trance
06. Outcry
07. Far From Heaven
08. Breaking All Illusions
09. Beneath The Surface

ColdheartMinor
Oink! Oink!
Posted 08-06-2011 8:26 by ColdheartMinor Profiel van ColdheartMinor

Ik voel echt een kut album aankomen...

Staalman
Usericon van Staalman
Posted 08-06-2011 8:56 by Staalman Profiel van Staalman

Dat weet ik dan weer niet. Maar dat gemekker en semi-emotionele begint me echt tegen te staan... Als je dan nu als band zo blij bent met een nieuwe plaat en een nieuwe drummer, doe dan een meer opgewekte titel.

Hexegot
Usericon van Hexegot
Posted 08-06-2011 9:00 by Hexegot Profiel van Hexegot

Ik vond alles wat ik van DT hoorde na 'Six Degrees...' juist oprecht brak (heb 'Black Clouds...' zelfs niet eens meer helemaal beluisterd), dus ik ben benieuwd wat voor resultaat deze nieuwe creatieve impuls hen oplevert. Wie weet gaan ze eindelijk weer eens wat muziek maken die ik persoonlijk ook vet vind.

MetalMitch1992
Nacho Libre
Usericon van MetalMitch1992
Posted 08-06-2011 12:16 by MetalMitch1992 Profiel van MetalMitch1992http://www.metalmitch.web-log.nl

quote:
Op 8 juni 2011 8:20 schreef Staalman het volgende:
02. Build Me Up, Break Me Down
03. Lost Not Forgotten

Ik heb een groot vermoeden waar deze nummers over kunnen gaan...

I was ancient when your ancestors were naught but protoplasmic slime!!!

Nera K.
Usericon van Nera K.
Posted 08-06-2011 12:58 by Nera K. Profiel van Nera K.http://www.nera-k.com

nou maak me gek...

ColdheartMinor
Oink! Oink!
Posted 28-06-2011 21:50 by ColdheartMinor Profiel van ColdheartMinor

Dus... Ik weet niet of ik hier trek in heb.

Dit topic is 40 pagina's lang:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Index / Heavy Metal Active topics Nieuw topic Vorige pagina | Volgende pagina
http://www.zwaremetalen.com