IndexProfielRegistrerenHelpActive TopicsSearch Inloggen
Index / Heavy Metal Nieuw Topic Post Reply
Dit topic is 20 pagina's lang: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Auteur:
Topic : Judas Priest Vorige pagina | Volgende pagina
Dragonsfire
In Silence I Despair
Usericon van Dragonsfire
Posted 16-03-2005 21:38 by Dragonsfire Wijzig reactieProfiel van DragonsfireQuote dit berichthttp://www.silentdespair.nl

Misschien is de "echte" Priest dan niet aan mij besteed maar ik vond Painkiller een wereldalbum. Deze nieuwe schijf kan mij echter totaal niet boeien. Wat een slappe schijt!
Ook Jugulator en Demolition konden mij niet bekoren hoewel Cathedral Spires een geweldig nummer is.
Al het werk vóór Painkiller klinkt in mijn oren wel aardig maar houdt niet lang stand.
Zoals gezegd zal ik wel geen echte Priest-fan zijn...

Be Patient, Death Will Come Eventually...

watery black
Usericon van watery black
Posted 17-03-2005 3:24 by watery black Wijzig reactieProfiel van watery blackQuote dit bericht

de nieuwe priest heerscht!!!!

"There will come a time when you'll have the chance to do something courageous, to do the right thing." "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

Ralph
GROTE ENGE TOR
Usericon van Ralph
Posted 17-03-2005 8:25 by Ralph (Speciaal lid) Wijzig reactieProfiel van RalphQuote dit berichthttp://soundsfromthedarkside.com

http://soundsfromthedarkside.com "GEICO does not cover Autobot Matrix of Leaderships."

Phantom Lord
Blaat
Usericon van Phantom Lord
Posted 17-03-2005 20:57 by Phantom Lord Wijzig reactieProfiel van Phantom LordQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 16 maart 2005 21:38 schreef Dragonsfire het volgende:
Misschien is de "echte" Priest dan niet aan mij besteed maar ik vond Painkiller een wereldalbum. Deze nieuwe schijf kan mij echter totaal niet boeien. Wat een slappe schijt!
Ook Jugulator en Demolition konden mij niet bekoren hoewel Cathedral Spires een geweldig nummer is.
Al het werk vóór Painkiller klinkt in mijn oren wel aardig maar houdt niet lang stand.
Zoals gezegd zal ik wel geen echte Priest-fan zijn...
Slappe schijt? HOLY FUCK! Onder welke rots heb jij geslapen? Okee, hij is minder "hard" dan Painkiller, maar nog altijd heel stevig. Het album is gewoon een stuk gevarieerder dan Painkiller... Wat het IMHO een geweldig album maakt...

FREEZE

de laar
Usericon van de laar
Posted 18-03-2005 17:26 by de laar Wijzig reactieProfiel van de laarQuote dit bericht

HELLRIDER ROARS THROUGH THE NIGHT

Phantom Lord
Blaat
Usericon van Phantom Lord
Posted 18-03-2005 20:33 by Phantom Lord Wijzig reactieProfiel van Phantom LordQuote dit bericht

Hellrider is wel een aardig nummertje ja...

Maar wat ik een echt tof nummer vind is toch echt (cliché) Demonizer

FREEZE

Chimaira
Usericon van Chimaira
Posted 21-03-2005 21:49 by Chimaira Wijzig reactieProfiel van ChimairaQuote dit bericht

Nieuw plaat heerscht, vandaag aangeschaft.

Hellrider, raised for the fight!

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door Chimaira op 21-03-2005 22:06]

Mutilator
SPILL YER GUTS !!!!!! (Extra gore mod)
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 21-03-2005 22:27 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

quote:
Op 16 maart 2005 12:27 schreef Staalman het volgende:
Ik stond echt behoorlijk sceptisch tegenover een nieuwe Priest plaat met Rob Halford. Zeker nadat ik ze live had gezien en medelijden met Dhr. Halford kreeg omdat hij nog geen schim was van wat hij vroeger was / kon.

Maar welk een vreugde, deze plaat is echt onwijs lekker. En gelukkig maar dat het geen Painkiller II is geworden...

De spelvreugde straalt van de muziek af, en Rob zingt echt heerlijk. Dus laat ze lekker nog op deze manier een paar studioplaten in elkaar draaien en ik vindt 't prima.
Live is echter klaar, want daar lukt 't ome Rob niet meer.

Leest hij nog steeds zijn teksten van een blaadje op?

Ik ben nu de plaat aan 't draaien maar het komt me allemaal gezapig over trouwens.

The quality of our perceptions determines the quality of our judgement. Our judgement determines how we interact with the world. How we interact with the world changes the world. So, the quality of our perceptions changes the world.

Disciple
Usericon van Disciple
Posted 22-03-2005 15:01 by Disciple Wijzig reactieProfiel van DiscipleQuote dit bericht

Die Halford heeft toch wel zo'n geweldige stem!

Lionheart
|"| |''| |"| >')
Usericon van Lionheart
Posted 22-03-2005 20:37 by Lionheart Wijzig reactieProfiel van LionheartQuote dit bericht

Komt de nieuwe van Judas Priest eigenlijk wel op vinyl uit? Kan het nog nergens vinden.

Lionheart
|"| |''| |"| >')
Usericon van Lionheart
Posted 09-04-2005 19:04 by Lionheart Wijzig reactieProfiel van LionheartQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 22 maart 2005 20:37 schreef Lionheart het volgende:
Komt de nieuwe van Judas Priest eigenlijk wel op vinyl uit? Kan het nog nergens vinden.

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 01-06-2006 0:24 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

Judas Priest Talk About Making Of "Nostradamus"

posted Wednesday, May 31, 2006 09:08:11 AM by deathbringer. (thanks Blabbermouth)

JUDAS PRIEST have revealed more details about their upcoming first conceptual album, which is based upon the life and predictions of the 16th century French prophet Nostradamus. In a May 24, 2006 appearance on the "Rockline" syndicated radio show, PRIEST frontman Rob Halford and guitarist Glenn Tipton spoke about the songwriting process for the CD and their touring plans, which are expected to include a performance of the entire album from beginning to end at each show on the trek. A couple of excerpts from the "Rockline" appearance follow (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET):

On the songwriting process for "Nostradamus":

Tipton: "We've been considering a concept album for quite a while now, and our manager actually brought up the subject of Nostradamus, which we're all interested in. There's so many moods. The actual album is based upon his life as opposed to his predictions and things like that. It's all about his life, which is really interesting — full of incident and drama. We all felt very strongly there were so many moods there to tackle that it would make a great subject matter for a concept album."

Halford: "It's gonna be great, because, as Glenn was saying, he's [Nostradamus] a very mysterious character. We're gonna convey that kind of atmosphere in the music. Glenn, K.K. [Downing, guitar] and myself have already been writing back in England, and the early roots of 'Nostradamus' — they just sound incredible. We are doing some things differently. It will be a metal/rock opera-type production, so it will be strong. It will be everything you love about PRIEST. We're looking forward to it."

Tipton: "We're well on the way [in the songwriting department]. We've got a large portion of it completed on the writing side. I can safely say it's probably the most unique thing we've done. We've got an abundance of material, and we'll paste it all together and we'll shortly go into the studio and begin putting it all down."

Halford: "It's great. We're stoked. I can hear the songs in my head right now. It's gonna be incredible. The thing about Nostradamus is that, as difficult as it will be [to write a concept album based on his life], and it's a joy to face that challenge, it's a little easier in some sense [than writing a regular album], because you've got your plot. You've got your whole thing there laid out for you — you've got this real living, breathing person, who's now dead. But you've got the whole story of his life. And you just explore that and you try and find a way to kind of bring that about in a musical presentation. So the writing process is still the much the same. The three of us get together in a room, and we're talking about each particular moment in Nostradamus' life and we're trying to fit in the moods and emotions to those particular chapters."

"It's more about his life, because everybody knows him more about his prophecies. He's never really gone out of the news in hundreds and hundreds of years, and there are some that believe in his prophecies and some that don't. His life was a difficult life. He went through a lot of rough times. He was a brilliant doctor of medicine — he partly cured the great plague of Europe, he was able to save thousands of people, but couldn't save his wife and kids, which is tragic. And he was chased all over the country by the Roman Catholic Church. There's a ton of stories that you can really investigate musically."

On touring plans:

Halford: "Well, as ever, when 'Nostradamus' is completed, we're gonna go out and tour with that. It will be kind of unique, because we're intending and hoping that we'll be able to perform the complete 'Nostradamus' piece from front to back, which is something that PRIEST has never done. We were saying earlier today to our friends at VH1 that we're always looking for some new adventures and this will be one of them. So when we do go out with 'Nostradamus', that's what you'll experience — you'll have the whole recording from front to end. So it'll be that, and I dare say after that there'll be some more PRIEST touring covering all of our extensive back catalog of songs."

Tipton: "We wanna go out next time and do a completely different set, 'cause there's so many songs that people want us to play, and obviously there's only so much time we can play on stage. So we've got really a great setlist — potential setlist. We're going back to the real early days to draw songs from there. So we've got a lot of interesting projects ready to go."

The quality of our perceptions determines the quality of our judgement. Our judgement determines how we interact with the world. How we interact with the world changes the world. So, the quality of our perceptions changes the world.

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 02-07-2006 1:34 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

Strakke groene broek.....

JUDAS PRIEST's NOSTRADAMUS Concept LP: A Heavy-Metal 'Phantom Of The Opera'

JUDAS PRIEST frontman Rob Halford has spoken to Jon Wiederhorn of MTV.com about the group's upcoming concept album about the legendary 16th-century French prophet Nostradamus.

The bandmembers, who have been working on their ambitious undertaking for more than three months, have already written 90-plus minutes of music. After they massage the tracks into final form, add solos and write lyrics, the band will choose a co-producer and begin recording. PRIEST hope to finish the project by the end of the year in time to release it in the first quarter of 2007.

"Nostradamus is all about metal, isn't he?" Halford said. "He was an alchemist as well as a seer — a person of extraordinary talent. He had an amazing life that was full of trial and tribulation and joy and sorrow. He's a very human character and a world-famous individual. You can take his name and translate it into any language and everybody knows about him, and that's important because we're dealing with a worldwide audience."

In addition to digging new lyrical ground for JUDAS PRIEST, the album will contain musical elements that might surprise their fans. "It's going to have a lot of depth," the singer explained. "There'll be a lot of symphonic elements. We might orchestrate it, without it being overblown. There may be a massive choir at parts and keyboards will be featured more prominently, whereas they've always been in the background before."

Read more at MTV.com.

Aaaarco
Usericon van Aaaarco
Posted 17-07-2006 10:09 by Aaaarco Wijzig reactieProfiel van AaaarcoQuote dit bericht

ik hoorde gister dat ze weer komen.. iemand meer info?

In black metal maakt men grapjes over religie... aldus pindakaasruud

ratje
X-tinXion
Usericon van ratje
Posted 17-07-2006 10:10 by ratje Wijzig reactieProfiel van ratjeQuote dit berichthttp://www.conradhultermans.com

quote:
Op 17 juli 2006 10:09 schreef Aaaarco het volgende:
ik hoorde gister dat ze weer komen.. iemand meer info?

hell yeahhhh

rajackar
Rape the houses! Burn the women!
Usericon van rajackar
Posted 17-07-2006 11:02 by rajackar (Speciaal lid) Wijzig reactieProfiel van rajackarQuote dit berichthttp://https://www.facebook.com/rajackar

quote:
Op 17 juli 2006 10:10 schreef ratje het volgende:
hell yeahhhh

Denk jij wat ik denk

De nacht heeft vleugels maar nimmer teugels. * Grindpad * Facebook * http://twitter.com/rajackar

Aaaarco
Usericon van Aaaarco
Posted 17-07-2006 11:41 by Aaaarco Wijzig reactieProfiel van AaaarcoQuote dit bericht

*bandeplaksetjes zijn niet gemaakt van rabarber*

In black metal maakt men grapjes over religie... aldus pindakaasruud

rajackar
Rape the houses! Burn the women!
Usericon van rajackar
Posted 17-07-2006 12:39 by rajackar (Speciaal lid) Wijzig reactieProfiel van rajackarQuote dit berichthttp://https://www.facebook.com/rajackar

Jij heet niet Ratje

De nacht heeft vleugels maar nimmer teugels. * Grindpad * Facebook * http://twitter.com/rajackar

ratje
X-tinXion
Usericon van ratje
Posted 17-07-2006 12:41 by ratje Wijzig reactieProfiel van ratjeQuote dit berichthttp://www.conradhultermans.com

Metalllllllll Meltdownnnnnnnnnnnnn

XXL
Xenofobe analfabeet.
Usericon van XXL
Posted 13-01-2008 8:51 by XXL Wijzig reactieProfiel van XXLQuote dit bericht

ROB HALFORD: Upcoming Album Is 'Some Of The Greatest Metal JUDAS PRIEST Has Ever Made' - Jan. 12, 2008
Vassil Varbanov of Bulgaria's Tangra Mega Rock recently conducted an interview with JUDAS PRIEST frontman Rob Halford. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow:

Tangra Mega Rock: What exactly is Metal God Entertainment?

Halford: It's a new company based about everything in the world of heavy metal. At the moment we're working exclusively with my solo activities, but for the future we hope that it will become a great organization for everybody in the metal community. We have a metal label called Metal God Records, and eventually we wanna make that open to all metal bands that might want to work with us. You see, it's just a great production company for all different aspects of metal — music, films, radio, magazines... We have a lot of ideas.

Tangra Mega Rock: As obvious from its name, it's not just a record label, but a huge platform covering all aspects...

Halford: Yes, I love the word entertainment, because that's what we do. When you're in a band and you go on stage you're entertaining people — you're putting on a great show with visuals and sound, so I think that's the right word and that's why we decided to call it Metal God Entertainment. That's what we're all about — giving people good experiences and a fantastic night out.

Tangra Mega Rock: FIGHT called it a day way earlier before you rejoined PRIEST. Was this because of the project TWO that you started with John Lowery and Trent Reznor?

Halford: Well, the extraordinary thing to me is that I've done so many things in metal and I've always been dedicated to whatever project I work on, that I give everything I do a 1000%. I think FIGHT got lost in the turbulent time around the launch of the grunge scene from Seattle — the whole of the music industry was more focused on that, so unfortunately FIGHT was not able to follow through. Anyway, "War of Words" is there forever, as well as "A Small Deadly Space"... As for TWO, I met John Lowery through some friends, and we had that surprise meeting with Trent Reznor in New Orleans — that's how the TWO project came together. It's really cool, because recently, since "Metal God Essentials" came out, a lot of people have been wanting to reinvestigate the TWO era, so I'm gonna re-release our album "Voyeurs" (1998) — I'm remixing it right now. I'm also gonna release the original demo recordings.

Tangra Mega Rock: People know you as the Metal God made of "British Steel", however you're not some arrogant bastard — you've always been willing to help some of your younger colleagues, for example UGLY KID JOE in their early days, SKID ROW... How come?

Halford: That's just because I live and breathe heavy metal 24 hours a day. I'm a metal fan as much as I'm a metal musician and I get constantly inspired by all the things that happen in music. I might be an old guy, but I've still got a young metal heart. I just love to see what's happening in the metal scene around the world every day — I check the Internet, go into MySpace and YouTube... I just like to keep in contact with all of the great things for the metal future.

Tangra Mega Rock: As you said, you're not young anymore...

Halford: No, but that's the great thing about metal music — it keeps you alive and vital. My fan base is a mixture of young metalheads in their teens to people from my own generation. I love my fans in all different parts of the world, different races, different religions, different sexual orientation... We're all human beings and we should all love each other, and one of the ways of doing that is being in the metal world.

Tangra Mega Rock: You made me think of the next question now... Basically it's been 10 years since you revealed you're homosexual. People back then were a bit shocked, but I think they don't have a problem with that anymore. Do you think this makes the world a better place now?

Halford: It will be a better place if we all get along. I see the troubles in the Middle East and elsewhere in the world and it's just terrible. I've lived a long life already and I only wish the world could get better. However, I think most people in the world just wanna live their lives and love one another and let each other have the freedom to get the best of everything in life. So it is with me — metalheads are all different, but at the end of the day it's all good.

Tangra Mega Rock: Back to Metal God Entertainment now. You started the company in the year when Trent Reznor said, "Fuck the record industry!" RADIOHEAD tried to make some sort of an Internet revolution... How do you see the future of the record industry?

Halford: I think everything is slowly settling down now. The Internet was invented over a decade ago, so like any other new invention on a global level it affects a lot of people, especially guys like myself and the fans in the music world. I think record companies are still very important and a vital part of the industry, but equally there's an opportunity now for you to choose how to pick and enjoy your music — you can either get if from the Internet or from CD distribution companies. I don’t think it's cool to say that the industry should fuck off — that's silly. I think you should embrace every opportunity to make your music available on a worldwide level.

Tangra Mega Rock: And what do you think about the return of VAN HALEN?

Halford: I think it's unfortunate that they don't have the original bass player, Michael Anthony. Of course it's exciting to see David Lee Roth back on stage again... I remember many, many year ago JUDAS PRIEST opened up for VAN HALEN in Los Angeles — that's a vivid memory for me. VAN HALEN had a very important voice in rock 'n' roll, so it's exciting to see them back together. It's a great show to watch.

Tangra Mega Rock: Finally, what should we expect from JUDAS PRIEST's "Nostradamus"? Is it the best record you've ever done?

Halford: Yeah, I think it's some of the greatest metal PRIEST has ever made. It's a wonderful story about this real man that lived 500 years ago in France. A man that was able to look into the future. He had a very complicated life and we're talking about every aspect of it — his prophecies, the difficulties he faced with different people... We're surrounding the entire story with some of the greatest metal PRIEST has ever made. It's everything you love in JUDAS PRIEST. We're mixing it right now and it should be out sometime this year. We're also going on the road doing some massive world tours — probably two. We'll be doing the classic PRIEST tour, so you'll get to hear all of your favourites like "Breaking the Law", "Living After Midnight", "Electric Eye", "Metal Gods", etc., and then we'll be doing a "Nostradamus" tour where we'll play everything from the album — from the beginning to the end. It's the year of the PRIEST!

Complete tokkie die lijdt aan zware zelfoverschatting.

Lionheart
|"| |''| |"| >')
Usericon van Lionheart
Posted 13-01-2008 15:14 by Lionheart Wijzig reactieProfiel van LionheartQuote dit bericht

Gaan de Maiden toer op met een een 'Greatest Hits'-tournee en een tournee waar het complete nieuwe album integraal wordt gespeeld, ben benieuwd.

De Ulk
Ulkamania!
Usericon van De Ulk
Posted 13-01-2008 15:33 by De Ulk Wijzig reactieProfiel van De UlkQuote dit bericht

Laat die Greates Hits tour maar zitten, ik zit niet te wachten op al die uitgekauwde nummers.

En als die nieuwe plaat net zo 'goed' wordt als die laatste Maiden, laat dan die andere tour ook maar zitten...

Bareuh...

Count Usher
"The Beige Sisters of Premenstrual Agony."
Usericon van Count Usher
Posted 13-01-2008 16:14 by Count Usher (Redacteur) Wijzig reactieProfiel van Count UsherQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 13 januari 2008 15:33 schreef De Ulk het volgende:
Laat die Greates Hits tour maar zitten, ik zit niet te wachten op al die uitgekauwde nummers. En als die nieuwe plaat net zo 'goed' wordt als die laatste Maiden, laat dan die andere tour ook maar zitten...

Waar zit je dan wel op te wachten? Zeg dan niks.

When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.

Count Usher
"The Beige Sisters of Premenstrual Agony."
Usericon van Count Usher
Posted 21-04-2008 16:15 by Count Usher (Redacteur) Wijzig reactieProfiel van Count UsherQuote dit bericht

Zonet een paar keer het nieuw te beluisteren gehoord en ik ben gematigd positief. Wel erg episch van opzet, maar ik herken voldoende kenmerkende Priest-elementen om van een typisch Priest-nummer te kunnen spreken. Niet wereldschokkend goed, maar zeker niet slecht imho.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/BLABBERMOUTH.NET/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=95334

When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.

Staalman
Usericon van Staalman
Posted 21-04-2008 16:19 by Staalman Wijzig reactieProfiel van StaalmanQuote dit bericht

Die gitaarloopjes zijn wel erg Painkiller.... Verder wel lekker.

"Life Is Much More Beautiful, When It Means Nothing At All"

Dit topic is 20 pagina's lang: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Index / Heavy Metal Active topics Nieuw topic Post reply Vorige pagina | Volgende pagina
http://www.zwaremetalen.com