IndexProfielRegistrerenHelpActive TopicsSearch Inloggen
Index / Heavy Metal Nieuw Topic Post Reply
Dit topic is 30 pagina's lang: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Auteur:
Topic : Nile Vorige pagina | Volgende pagina
Mutilator
SPILL YER GUTS !!!!!! (Extra gore mod)
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 18-01-2004 1:53 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

Former NILE Bassist/Vocalist CHIEF SPIRES: 'I Don't Like KARL SANDERS' - Nov. 25, 2003

Former NILE bassist/vocalist Chief Spires has spoken out for the first time about his departure from the group and his decision to form SHAITAN MAZAR with fellow ex-NILE member John Ehlers (guitar)

Speaking to Poland's Masterful Magazine, Spires explained his reasons for leaving NILE. "Well the official press release was something like 'Spires leaves the band due to creative differences, and career direction'," he said. "The truth is there was much more to it than that, but I won't go into this too deep. Speaking in terms of the music, I didn't like the fact that Karl [Sanders, guitar/vocals] was turning NILE into a band based on 'how fast can we go?' I felt we started to lose much of the creativity when this came into play, not to mention that this is the main reason we lost Pete Hammoura [drums/vocals]. Karl and I had a lot of issues, but to keep it short, I just don't like him."

When asked if he still keeps in touch with his former bandmates, Spires said, "Occasionally I speak to Tony Laureano [drums]. I have known Jon [Vesano, bass/vocals] since the days of DEMONIC CHRIST and DARK MOON, and have a lot of respect for him. I think he is a great replacement for me and I he knows I wish him well. Tony is my bro, it was always Tony and I hanging out during the time we shared in NILE. When Tony comes up to Greenville to rehearse with NILE, we try to hook and have some drinks. Tony was actually going to help with the drum tracks of SHAITAN MAZAR until we found Brett. I wouldn't mind running into Dallas [Toler-Wade, guitar/vocals] again. I still have tremendous respect for Dallas and his playing ability. As far as Karl goes, no we don't meet in pubs for beers. I don't think that would be a good idea."

With regards to his decision to form SHAITAN MAZAR, Spires said, "John Ehlers and I had discussed a few years after he left NILE about one day playing together, and sharing the stage again. I knew that even if I stayed with NILE for the duration of the band, I would one day want to create a band like SHAITAN MAZAR. But, after leaving NILE this was the perfect opportunity to begin the long stages of forming a new band from the ground up. I truly loved what I did in NILE. I was never tired of death metal. I still have great respect for the music, all the friends and fans I gained while playing with NILE. At the same time, I am a musician who loves to write, play, and sing many different styles of music. I enjoyed working with John when he was in NILE, so it was only natural to create this band with John. John had been co-writing with a longtime friend Robert Dirr [guitar] even when he was a member of NILE. When I found out these guys were still playing together it was a perfect situation for forming SHAITAN MAZAR. I then made a call to a friend I had known for years in the metal circuit Jason Hohenstein [vocals]. Jason is by far the most intense, and one of the most talented vocalist I've ever worked with. I knew that he would be dedicated and have what it takes to build a fan base. He has a great clean voice, and one of the strongest death voices I've ever heard. The toughest thing was finding a drummer. After a very long search, Jason was introduced to Brett Goode one evening at a local metal pub. Brett listened to the songs and decided to come give it a shot."

Rest van het interview:
http://www.masterful-magazine.com/wywiad_eng.php?wyw=348

The quality of our perceptions determines the quality of our judgement. Our judgement determines how we interact with the world. How we interact with the world changes the world. So, the quality of our perceptions changes the world.

judge paul
geen judge meer
Usericon van judge paul
Posted 18-01-2004 2:00 by judge paul Wijzig reactieProfiel van judge paulQuote dit berichthttp://www.judgementday.nl

Tja, zo zie je maar; er zijn altijd twee kanten van het verhaal. En eerlijk gezegd vind ik de eerste twee (Festivals... en Amongst...) ook wel de gaafste. Door de tragere stukken komen de snelle des te harder over !

Voice Of Doom
kotsende chaoot
Usericon van Voice Of Doom
Posted 18-01-2004 2:13 by Voice Of Doom Wijzig reactieProfiel van Voice Of DoomQuote dit bericht

Ja...en die tragere staan op "Black Seeds..." dan ook niet...

I've got no trust to give, I've got no heart to break, Nothing for me to fucking lose, because I never had a fucking thing

TNightmare
Usericon van TNightmare
Posted 18-01-2004 12:20 by TNightmare (Speciaal lid) Wijzig reactieProfiel van TNightmareQuote dit bericht

"Amongst the Catacombs..." is ook zeker mijn favoriet.

Ik verwacht dat Nile van de volgende cd wel een sterk muzikaal epos kan maken, met een mooie balans tussen snellere, brutere riffs, trage doomy riffs en sfeerbrengende Egyptische melodie. "In their Darkened Shrines" had die harmonie nog niet helemaal perfect, maar de laatste 4 nummers daarvan waren een aardige "generale".

Fleshcrawler
Straight Towards Extinction
Usericon van Fleshcrawler
Posted 18-01-2004 13:28 by Fleshcrawler Wijzig reactieProfiel van FleshcrawlerQuote dit berichthttp://www.flikkereeneindop.nl

De beste cd vind ik nog Black Seeds of Vengeance,hoewel ik Amongst..... ook heel vet vind.

There are those who suffer and those who bleed them dry and there are always those who just stand by.

aerodis
Usericon van aerodis
Posted 18-01-2004 14:13 by aerodis Wijzig reactieProfiel van aerodisQuote dit bericht

"Chief Spires hangt vuile was buiten: Karl Sanders is eigenlijk een klootzak!"

de roddelbladen zullen er van smullen.
hmm, ik vind ...In The Beginning het beste.

einsatzcommando
Orval
Usericon van einsatzcommando
Posted 18-01-2004 14:17 by einsatzcommando Wijzig reactieProfiel van einsatzcommandoQuote dit berichthttp://www.enfeeble.nl

quote:
Op 18 januari 2004 14:13 schreef aerodis het volgende:
"Chief Spires hangt vuile was buiten: Karl Sanders is eigenlijk een klootzak!"

de roddelbladen zullen er van smullen.
hmm, ik vind ...In The Beginning het beste.
Hmm, In The Beginning, ben ik het wel me eens, lekker rauw.
Toch ben ik wel Uber-trots op mijn LP van In Their Darkened Shrines, op de een of andere manier is die ruis een stuk beter dan de veel TE strakke productie van de cd...

Enfeeble is terug! Met Aerodis, einsatzcommando & Ornithosis.www.enfeeble.nl

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 21-01-2004 1:03 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

OPROEP!

Ik zoek een Nile shirt zonder logo maar met op beide kanten Egyptische muurafbeeldingen; shirt komt uit de tijd dan Black seeds of vengeance nog uit moest komen of net uit was. Het heeft gehangen in Boudisque Amsterdam.

Ik kan het niet vinden; weet iemand toevallig verkoopsites van dit shirt?

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door Mutilator op 21-01-2004 1:05]

The quality of our perceptions determines the quality of our judgement. Our judgement determines how we interact with the world. How we interact with the world changes the world. So, the quality of our perceptions changes the world.

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 05-02-2004 2:34 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

Iemand de Sarcophagus video al gezien?

www.launch.com

Execration Text schijnt de volgende videoclip te zijn.

nog wat van Karl Sanders:

>>Tony told me its gonna be NILE writing the album this time not just individuals, I think that makes for more inventiveness and it'll be good to hear each others' opinions straight out.

Yes, this is actually something we are quite excited about -
And I in particular am stoked, that I am lucky enough
to have band mates that are talented and driven enough to want to contribute ,
and I for one am very happy about the teamwork mentality within the band -
It will be interesting to see how the material evolves this time,
with a more collaborative approach to the writing process.

I am thinking that with all of us invoved
( Dallas , Jon , Tony and I )
the next album should be a nice fresh new
outlook on the Nile sound.
I can't wait for rehearsals to start !! :

Voice Of Doom
kotsende chaoot
Usericon van Voice Of Doom
Posted 05-02-2004 4:10 by Voice Of Doom Wijzig reactieProfiel van Voice Of DoomQuote dit bericht

Nog maar eens off topic...

Mailen zal toch wel niet meer gaan met deze pc...maar zit je wel eens op DC?

I've got no trust to give, I've got no heart to break, Nothing for me to fucking lose, because I never had a fucking thing

Vork
Usericon van Vork
Posted 05-02-2004 10:00 by Vork Wijzig reactieProfiel van VorkQuote dit bericht

Ik ga ook voor Amongst the Catacombs... De laatste cd was ook goed, maar idd iets TE strak geproduceerd.

Maar mijn grootste Nile passie is wel over hehe, kweeniet, live spreekt et me niet echt aan (ook al spelen ze goed). Kvind et prettiger om er gewoon af en toe cd van op te zetten

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 19-04-2004 22:14 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

quote:
Op 21 januari 2004 1:03 schreef Mutilator het volgende:
OPROEP!

Ik zoek een Nile shirt zonder logo maar met op beide kanten Egyptische muurafbeeldingen; shirt komt uit de tijd dan Black seeds of vengeance nog uit moest komen of net uit was. Het heeft gehangen in Boudisque Amsterdam.

Ik kan het niet vinden; weet iemand toevallig verkoopsites van dit shirt?

Dear Maurice,
Thankyou for all the kind words , and inspiring letter.

I have actually no idea what shirt you are talking about.
Was this one of our T-shirts ?
I can not recall EVER having any Official Nile shirt with NO LOGO .
This is a most perplexing question ,
and I would love to help , truly ,
but I am at a complete loss to remember any such shirt.
If there is any thing else I can help you with ,
feel free to ask.
Thankyou,
Karl

Echt niet normaal; het shirt stond ook in de Displeased catalogus

aerodis
Usericon van aerodis
Posted 19-04-2004 22:17 by aerodis Wijzig reactieProfiel van aerodisQuote dit bericht

raar?
ik heb hier wél een tourshirt, met Egyptische opdruk aan de voorkant, maar dat shirt zonder logo heb ik nooit gezien.

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 26-08-2004 23:16 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

Volgens mij is het een bootleg shirt dat displeased ff ergens had opgedoken en aanprijste als een Nile shirt.

SHAITAN MAZAR bassist/vocalist Chief Spires (ex-NILE) has issued the following update regarding the progress of the group's upcoming release:

"Hail everyone. This is an up to date update from the studio. We apologize for the delay in getting this CD finished but we promise you it be something you will listen to years from now. As with most things worthwhile, there are setbacks. We have experienced quite few during this recording. With the departure of [drummer] Brett Goode and the discoverery of Jake Axelson comes a new growth in SHAITAN MAZAR.

"We are in the process of mixing the newly recorded drums by our man Jake. We will be taking a break from shows for about a month. Jason and I will start on vocals this week. I feel confident that this can be accomplished in about two weeks. Remember that this originally planned 5-song demo has now evolved into an entire full-length CD, 9 songs. After the vocals are done the mixing process will take another two weeks and then off to duplication.

"We are shooting for a CD release in mid- November. We need all of you to help spread the word now and get the excitement brewing. The name of the CD comes from the title track 'Taste the Sun'. I will be posting some flyers up on this site (in the forum) in a couple of weeks. Please download, print, and drop them on everyone you know that might be interested in SHAITAN MAZAR. We truly appreciate your support! Horns!"

TMDC wordfuhrer
Usericon van TMDC wordfuhrer
Posted 27-08-2004 19:37 by TMDC wordfuhrer Wijzig reactieProfiel van TMDC wordfuhrerQuote dit berichthttp://www.monolith-deathcult.com

Tony is weg uit Nile

0Tolerence
Usericon van 0Tolerence
Posted 27-08-2004 19:41 by 0Tolerence Wijzig reactieProfiel van 0TolerenceQuote dit bericht

oh, das een mooie tegenvaller voor nile. Ga maar is iemand zoeken die em kan vervangen.

"This one is older than shit, heavier than time!"

Hagal
Usericon van Hagal
Posted 27-08-2004 20:38 by Hagal Wijzig reactieProfiel van HagalQuote dit bericht

Nile was gaaf op lowlands

Heroin is sooo passé, it's CAKE at the moment. A DIRTY MIND IS A JOY FOREVER

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 27-08-2004 21:36 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

THANKS FROM NILE!
Nile would like to thank everyone who came to the India tent at the
Lowlands Fest this weekend in Holland and joined us for a set of Brutal Nile music.
We appreciate the warm and sincere response from the audience.

Nile would also like to thank of course our long time friends
David Decobert and Rob Dirx for their hard work this weekend ,
Jan-Cris Dekoyer for the warm hospitality and last but certainly not least,
Jordan Varella for filling on drums . Jordan did a fine job
with the difficult task of learning the Nile set , attending rehearsals with long drives,
and did a fine job to make the show happen.

Thanks Jordan - we truly appreciate you.

Jan-Chris de Koeyer weet gelukkig nog wat deathmetal is en de vervanger zou dus Jordan Varella kunnen zijn wie dat ook moge wezen

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 28-08-2004 1:46 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

quote:
Op 27 augustus 2004 19:41 schreef 0Tolerence het volgende:
oh, das een mooie tegenvaller voor nile. Ga maar is iemand zoeken die em kan vervangen.

Ze hebben al iemand voor het geval Tony weg is.

DeadBitchFuck
Usericon van DeadBitchFuck
Posted 28-08-2004 13:06 by DeadBitchFuck Wijzig reactieProfiel van DeadBitchFuckQuote dit bericht

Nile, is dat niet een TMDC coverband?

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 28-08-2004 13:08 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

quote:
Op 28 augustus 2004 13:06 schreef DeadBitchFuck het volgende:
Nile, is dat niet een TMDC coverband?

bijna goed

0Tolerence
Usericon van 0Tolerence
Posted 28-08-2004 13:14 by 0Tolerence Wijzig reactieProfiel van 0TolerenceQuote dit bericht

Dat ze zelfs op lowlands zijn gaan spelen, er zal niet veel aanhang daar rond hebben gelopen

"This one is older than shit, heavier than time!"

Samoht Slegov
Usericon van Samoht Slegov
Posted 28-08-2004 14:28 by Samoht Slegov Wijzig reactieProfiel van Samoht SlegovQuote dit bericht

Ik vind Nile echt super (ik ken alleen de laatste cd)
Hoewel ik nog niet eens zo'n death metal liefhebber ben.
Ik kan die cd alleen niet helemaal afluisteren

Slechtheid
Usericon van Slechtheid
Posted 28-08-2004 14:29 by Slechtheid Wijzig reactieProfiel van SlechtheidQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 28 augustus 2004 14:28 schreef Samoht Slegov het volgende:
Ik vind Nile echt super (ik ken alleen de laatste cd)
Hoewel ik nog niet eens zo'n death metal liefhebber ben.
Ik kan die cd alleen niet helemaal afluisteren
Je vindt Nile dusch niet super. Slechts hun laatste CD.

Wezelijk verschil.

marduklegions
Usericon van marduklegions
Posted 28-08-2004 15:32 by marduklegions Wijzig reactieProfiel van marduklegionsQuote dit berichthttp://Skål!

zijn er nog foto's ergens te vinden van nile op lowlands?

ben wel benieuwd hoe dat geweest is

'Vo

Dit topic is 30 pagina's lang: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Index / Heavy Metal Active topics Nieuw topic Post reply Vorige pagina | Volgende pagina
http://www.zwaremetalen.com