IndexProfielRegistrerenHelpActive TopicsSearch Inloggen
Index / Heavy Metal Nieuw Topic Post Reply
Dit topic is 22 pagina's lang: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Auteur:
Topic : Celtic Frost Vorige pagina | Volgende pagina
Mutilator
SPILL YER GUTS !!!!!! (Extra gore mod)
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 29-12-2002 4:47 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

CELTIC FROST bassist Martin Ain will handle lead vocal duties on at least two songs on the band's upcoming studio effort, which is currently being recorded for a 2003 release.

The band's frontman, Tom Gabriel Fischer, has posted the following update on the recording sessions for the upcoming CD, tentatively titled "Probe":

"The vocals to about ten songs have been completed, with a further six to eight still to follow until spring.

"The vocal styles used so far are very wide-ranging, more so than ever before on any CELTIC FROST album. I have not yet used the exact same 'tragic' vocals as on 'Into the Pandemonium', but I would like to do that very much. I have always liked them a lot. We have experimented with such vocals on a couple of songs, but later found that other vocals fit these particular songs better. There are some lead vocals, however, which are rather closely related to the 'tragic' style.

"The songs so far completed feature vocals which range from extremely heavy to utterly fragile and intimate. There are a lot of parallels to the original first three CELTIC FROST albums, but also a few more modern ideas. For example, we have explored the vocal style used for the back-up vocals in 'The Inevitable Factor' from the 'Into the Pandemonium' album and have used it for lead vocals. And so on.

"There are also quite a few female vocal tracks, one of them a duet between our now regular female singer Simone Vollenweider and myself. We didn't really plan on using so much 'female color,' it simply happened as the songs grew over the past couple of years. We also decided that we should be able to use female vocals regardless of everyone else doing it, too, since we were among the first to incorporate such vocals into heavier music.

"Simone is not an opera singer, although I'm sure she has the capability to do that, too. Her vocals as used by CELTIC FROST are very melodic and extremely feminine. She has sung harmonies and back-ups for us, along with the above mentioned duet with me on one new song. We first worked with her during the recording sessions of APOLLYON SUN demos in 1999/2000.

"Simone will do further work with CELTIC FROST in the future, and it is very likely she will accompany CELTIC FROST onstage as well.

"One of the biggest new things for us all is the fact that Martin has so far sung the lead vocals for two songs, and that he shares lead vox with me on one further song ('Human Dirt'). More might follow. His vocal style is very heavy and sick.

"There are no 'Cold Lake'-type vocals, though... -)

"As of this past weekend, a very small, select group of music industry contacts have now heard select pre-production recordings from the new CELTIC FROST album here in London - the very first time anybody outside of the band has been given access to the new material.

"At this point, everything is still financed from within the band, to the point of complete financial ruin for me personally, and we have not yet put our signatures under a contract (although a negotiated recording deal is ready and on the table). But the reactions to the new music have so far been overwhelming and extremely enthusiastic, and we are very happy.

"Still, it will be the CELTIC FROST fans who are going to make the final decision."

The quality of our perceptions determines the quality of our judgement. Our judgement determines how we interact with the world. How we interact with the world changes the world. So, the quality of our perceptions changes the world.

1i1ith
Usericon van 1i1ith
Posted 29-12-2002 10:22 by 1i1ith Wijzig reactieProfiel van 1i1ithQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 29 juni 2002 18:22 schreef IronGlory het volgende:
bah, jammer, dat wordt nix denk ik.......verdoeme moet iedereen re-unie-eren (ruineren) tegenwoordig, strax heruitgaves en zo derbij, daar gaat de waarde van mn lp's

laat de doden rusten

Met uitzondering van de zin over de waarde van je elpees (laatst zag ik nog een plaat van CF voor EUR 20,- ) ben ik het met je eens. Als bands op één of andere manier zijn gestopt moeten ze niet een tiental jaar later proberen hetzelfde kunstje te doen. En als ik hierboven dan lees dat er zo'n trendy nachtegaaltje erbij halen, dan denk ik doe het niet zoek een baan ofzo.

TNightmare
Usericon van TNightmare
Posted 29-12-2002 11:48 by TNightmare (Speciaal lid) Wijzig reactieProfiel van TNightmareQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 29 december 2002 10:22 schreef 1i1ith het volgende:
Als bands op één of andere manier zijn gestopt moeten ze niet een tiental jaar later proberen hetzelfde kunstje te doen.

Dat is het verschil tussen (met alle respect) oude metalfans die die oude bands in hun grootste dagen meegemaakt hebben, en jongere fans, die dat allemaal hebben moeten missen. ANY reunions are welcome!

attila_de_hun
good person but bad musician....
Usericon van attila_de_hun
Posted 29-12-2002 12:47 by attila_de_hun Wijzig reactieProfiel van attila_de_hunQuote dit bericht

quote:
Als bands op één of andere manier zijn gestopt moeten ze niet een tiental jaar later proberen hetzelfde kunstje te doen.

Laten we eerst de muziek maar eens horen en dan oordelen. Ik zit erin ieder gavl wel op te wachten. En bijv. Destruction heeft naar mijn mening aangetoond dat reunies wel zinvol kunnen zijn en dat zulke bands niet per se alleen op oude roem staan te teren.

1i1ith
Usericon van 1i1ith
Posted 29-12-2002 15:19 by 1i1ith Wijzig reactieProfiel van 1i1ithQuote dit bericht

Dat is wel waar. Ik heb vorige week zondag ook nog staan te genieten van Exodus.

Maar ik vind een reunie toch altijd rieken naar "laten we kijken of het nog lukt of er nog een stuiver aan te verdienen is".

webblaster wim
Onzin-narrator
Usericon van webblaster wim
Posted 29-12-2002 15:26 by webblaster wim Wijzig reactieProfiel van webblaster wimQuote dit berichthttp://www.judgementday.nl

quote:
En als ik hierboven dan lees dat er zo'n trendy nachtegaaltje erbij halen, dan denk ik doe het niet zoek een baan ofzo.

ze hadden al een trendy nachtegaaltje in de jaren '80 erbij, hoor. toen was die trend er nog niet eens, ze waren trendsetters, met al die bombastische invloeden, pauken, orkesten, zangeres. zij hebben het allemaal gedaan. bijna niemand begreep het toen, en blijkbaar nog niet iedereen nu.

Oud Vuil.

webblaster wim
Onzin-narrator
Posted 29-12-2002 16:25 by webblaster wim Wijzig reactieProfiel van webblaster wimQuote dit berichthttp://www.judgementday.nl

enne, ps, op morbid tales(opgenomen in '84) staat al vrouwenzang.

en dus op elke elpee erna ook.

Oud Vuil.

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 27-11-2003 1:37 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

EXCLUSIVE SNEAK PEEK AT THE CURRENT SESSIONS FOR THE NEW CELTIC FROST ALBUM

Celtic Frost have made available for exclusive use via www.celticfrost.com one of the demos for the new album currently in the works.

The song is called "Ground", written in 2002/2003. It is important to remember that the version available here is a mere pre-production demo, recorded at the band's rehearsal space in Zurich, Switzerland, earlier this year. Pre-production demos are used to further develop material and to showcase new music to producers, engineers, and the band's industry partners.

The final version of "Ground", to be released on the forthcoming album, features new instrument and vocal tracks, recorded in a proper studio environment and resulting in a much better overall production and sound quality.

Download "Ground" by clicking here:

http://www.unala.com/cf/celticfrost_ground.ogg

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door Mutilator op 27-11-2003 1:38]

The quality of our perceptions determines the quality of our judgement. Our judgement determines how we interact with the world. How we interact with the world changes the world. So, the quality of our perceptions changes the world.

webblaster wim
Onzin-narrator
Posted 27-11-2003 17:27 by webblaster wim Wijzig reactieProfiel van webblaster wimQuote dit berichthttp://www.judgementday.nl

hmm, in april had ik al een nummer gedowned wat ground heet, was niet zo. deze versie mag ik wel downen, maar niet opslaan. weird.

Oud Vuil.

Chelman
Krijg de bloemetjes
Usericon van Chelman
Posted 27-11-2003 17:30 by Chelman Wijzig reactieProfiel van ChelmanQuote dit bericht

k wist niet dat ogg vorbis files met DRM beperkt kunnen worden?

KOSOVO JE SRBIJA! SVETA SRPSKA ZEMLJA !

Vlkodlak
Usericon van Vlkodlak
Posted 27-11-2003 17:40 by Vlkodlak Wijzig reactieProfiel van VlkodlakQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 27 november 2003 17:27 schreef webblaster wim het volgende:
hmm, in april had ik al een nummer gedowned wat ground heet, was niet zo. deze versie mag ik wel downen, maar niet opslaan. weird.

Ik kon hem wel gewoon opslaan vreemd

Gunman
the destroyer
Usericon van Gunman
Posted 27-11-2003 18:16 by Gunman Wijzig reactieProfiel van GunmanQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 27 november 2003 17:40 schreef Vlkodlak het volgende:
Ik kon hem wel gewoon opslaan vreemd

Ik heb die ook al enkele maanden, nu nog een geschikte player, Winamp neem ik aan

I'm a picture of ugly stories www.deathmetal.be

RrroooaaarrR
as "The Chief"
Usericon van RrroooaaarrR
Posted 27-11-2003 18:19 by RrroooaaarrR Wijzig reactieProfiel van RrroooaaarrRQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 27 november 2003 18:16 schreef Gunman het volgende:
Ik heb die ook al enkele maanden, nu nog een geschikte player, Winamp neem ik aan

yup

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 15-02-2004 15:11 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

Al een tijd niets meer gehoord; reunie afgeblazen?

Sporty Voleg
Dude Nukem v2.0
Usericon van Sporty Voleg
Posted 15-02-2004 15:41 by Sporty Voleg Wijzig reactieProfiel van Sporty VolegQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 29 december 2002 16:25 schreef webblaster wim het volgende:
enne, ps, op morbid tales(opgenomen in '84) staat al vrouwenzang.

Bedoel je met "vrouwenzang" die paar stukjes gebrabbel?

Touché, pussycat!

TekNoir
Usericon van TekNoir
Posted 15-02-2004 16:05 by TekNoir Wijzig reactieProfiel van TekNoirQuote dit bericht

Een van de grondleggers van gothic metal met hun cd Into the Pandemonium. Sterker nog, zij zijn de uitvinders van de term deathmetal, naar analogie van de Amerikaanse deathrock (benaming voor goithicbands waar zij toen in geinteresseerd waren).

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 15-02-2004 16:16 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

Hmm en ik maar denken dat Possessed met hun Death metal demo die term bedacht hadden

Pazuzu
Usericon van Pazuzu
Posted 15-02-2004 17:29 by Pazuzu Wijzig reactieProfiel van PazuzuQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 15 februari 2004 16:16 schreef Mutilator het volgende:
Hmm en ik maar denken dat Possessed met hun Death metal demo die term bedacht hadden

En ik maar denken dat Venom op de proppen kwam met die term, in een interview in Kerrang in, wanneer was het, '82? In één zin met de termen Black Metal en, echt waar, Power Metal.

"If visible identification is not possible, the pathologist may be able to take fingerprints from the body, but if decay has set in, things become more complicated."

Voice Of Doom
kotsende chaoot
Usericon van Voice Of Doom
Posted 15-02-2004 17:36 by Voice Of Doom Wijzig reactieProfiel van Voice Of DoomQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 15 februari 2004 16:05 schreef TekNoir het volgende:
Een van de grondleggers van gothic metal met hun cd Into the Pandemonium. Sterker nog, zij zijn de uitvinders van de term deathmetal, naar analogie van de Amerikaanse deathrock (benaming voor goithicbands waar zij toen in geinteresseerd waren).
hahaha...mongool...

I've got no trust to give, I've got no heart to break, Nothing for me to fucking lose, because I never had a fucking thing

webblaster wim
Onzin-narrator
Posted 16-02-2004 20:33 by webblaster wim Wijzig reactieProfiel van webblaster wimQuote dit berichthttp://www.judgementday.nl

quote:
Op 15 februari 2004 15:41 schreef Sporty Voleg het volgende:
Bedoel je met "vrouwenzang" die paar stukjes gebrabbel?

mmm, er is een stuk gesproken tekst, in a "return to the eve", door een vrouw, maar das dus geen zang.

dat geheugen ook.

Oud Vuil.

RrroooaaarrR
as "The Chief"
Usericon van RrroooaaarrR
Posted 30-06-2004 18:25 by RrroooaaarrR Wijzig reactieProfiel van RrroooaaarrRQuote dit bericht

Van http://www.celticfrost.com/main.html
quote:
News about Tom G. Fischer's own release:
Yes, I am working on a solo album, and I am aiming at releasing it next year. This will in no way negatively affect or delay work on the new CF album. Quite the opposite - I began work on my own album because of my frustration over the extremely long gestation period of the CF album and my inability (in spite of a number of efforts) to speed up its completion. I am, after all, only one factor of many that influence the pace and the ultimate result of a new CF album recording.

I never seriously pursued the idea of a "solo album" (and I actually find that term ridiculous). But a little over a year ago, I began to complete music for an album of my own. I felt (and feel) barely able to contain my impatience and frustration over the slow progress of the CF album, no matter how happy I was/am about the music we have written for it.

The CF album has become extremely heavy over the past year, and I have written virtually all of that music, together with Erol. It is amazing and intoxicating to see and hear the band like this. But it is as important to me that a CF album also contains the typical ingredient of material that is different and that no other band would dare to include - just as we have done on our first three albums. But a key member of the band disagreed. There were numerous songs I submitted for inclusion on the CF album that were turned down; it was felt that these songs did not have a place on a CF album because they were too experimental. The rejected music is very closely related to my personal life and emotions, and there was no way I was just going to throw it away.

The delays and the above scenario are the two reasons why I am working on my first album of my own. I have the music for eight songs completed and will begin vocal recordings this summer. The album will not sound like Apollyon Sun. It is much more somber and utterly dark, as has been my life in recent years. The music can perhaps be described as dark wave, electronica... or, much better, as my innermost feelings and emotions turned into soundscapes, aural paintings. Since I was no longer bound by the identity of CF when working on this material, the songs have become far more electronic than how I imagined them played by CF. On the other hand, when I showcased some material to my close friends, they all said it sounds exactly like Frost. They were also rather taken aback by the darkness of it all.

Musically, I am very happy right now, as I have the opportunity to complete two different but related works side-by-side. As much as I hate that it takes so long, the CF album will leave no questions unanswered. Of that I am sure. And my own album is very important to me personally. The parallel existence of CF allows me to focus solely on my own needs and to not be bound by sales or sound expectations. I am doing this just for me, and if only a handful of people out there will understand the emotions contained therein, these people and me will share something very special and very personal.

With much love and gratitude

Tom Gabriel Fischer, Zurich, Switzerland

Goh, weer eens vertraging...

webblaster wim
Onzin-narrator
Posted 30-06-2004 19:14 by webblaster wim Wijzig reactieProfiel van webblaster wimQuote dit berichthttp://www.judgementday.nl

"But it is as important to me that a CF album also contains the typical ingredient of material that is different and that no other band would dare to include - just as we have done on our first three albums. But a key member of the band disagreed. There were numerous songs I submitted for inclusion on the CF album that were turned down; it was felt that these songs did not have a place on a CF album because they were too experimental."

En we weten allemaal, wat er gebeurd als Tom teveel gaat experimenteren. Laat hij eerst dus maar wat goede songs voor Frost gaan schrijven.

Oud Vuil.

varanus
HUISKAMERHOOLIGAN
Usericon van varanus
Posted 30-06-2004 19:42 by varanus (Speciaal lid) Wijzig reactieProfiel van varanusQuote dit bericht

oeh....

hey....

spelfout weggehaald...

attila_de_hun
good person but bad musician....
Usericon van attila_de_hun
Posted 23-01-2005 12:33 by attila_de_hun Wijzig reactieProfiel van attila_de_hunQuote dit bericht

ayayayayay, ik heb eindelijk "Ground" eens gehoord. Wat een schijtnummer. Waarom wil die Fisher nu perse als een "echte artiest" klinken (waarvan bijn niemand wakker ligt) in plaats van die artiest die een hele generatie van (death)metalband inspireerde. Neen, die reunie wordt helemaal niks.

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door attila_de_hun op 23-01-2005 12:34]

webblaster wim
Onzin-narrator
Posted 23-01-2005 16:35 by webblaster wim Wijzig reactieProfiel van webblaster wimQuote dit berichthttp://www.judgementday.nl

Ik ben er ook bang voor.

Ík heb eindelijk into the pandemonium op cd, wat is dat toch een geweldige release.

Oud Vuil.

Dit topic is 22 pagina's lang: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Index / Heavy Metal Active topics Nieuw topic Post reply Vorige pagina | Volgende pagina
http://www.zwaremetalen.com