IndexProfielRegistrerenHelpActive TopicsSearch Inloggen
Index / Heavy Metal Nieuw Topic Post Reply
Dit topic is 31 pagina's lang: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Auteur:
Topic : Deicide Vorige pagina | Volgende pagina
Mikeee
whiskypedia
Usericon van Mikeee
Posted 18-12-2004 5:34 by Mikeee Wijzig reactieProfiel van MikeeeQuote dit bericht

Ik vond altijd al dat Glen een beetje een misundertood genius is.
Dit benadrukt mijn gevoel weer eens.

skullfuck
smaakvervanger
Usericon van skullfuck
Posted 18-12-2004 10:56 by skullfuck Wijzig reactieProfiel van skullfuckQuote dit berichthttp://

Die clip is natuurlijk gewoon kut.

Suck my piss

Mutilator
SPILL YER GUTS !!!!!! (Extra gore mod)
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 25-01-2005 17:51 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

Former DEICIDE Guitarist Says GLEN BENTON Lied To The Public About Tour Cancellations - Jan. 14, 2005

Ex-DEICIDE guitarist Eric Hoffman has hit back at DECIDE frontman Glen Benton, calling Glen's anti-Christian public stance "a show" and accusing his former bandmate of "lying to the public to save his ass" about recent tour cancellations.

In a lengthy statement sent to BLABBERMOUTH.NET, Hoffman said, "I, Eric Hoffman, hired Glen Benton from a local music magazine. His name was 'Rock.' He was a terrible singer at the time, so we hired a friend of ours from DEGRADATION to sing. He was very good, but could not phrase the song properly. Then Glen tried to show him how the lyric phrasing should be since he wrote the lyrics and he did it in a growl. I said, 'That sounds like the devil, so act like you're the devil for a gimmick.' We then let the other singer go.

"As far as Steve [Asheim, drums] writing all the songs, that is a joke. He has written a few, and they were always arranged by me. All songs are arranged by me, and he knows it. Glen listens to variations of the songs and it always goes back to the way I arranged it.

"Recently Glen took publishing money and he lied to the public to save his ass about cancellations, short sets and practice. On the contrary, that is why Brian [Hoffman, guitar] and I left. We now are in legal matters with Glen and Earache [Records]. Earache sends all royalties, merchandise money and publishing to Glen.

"The theme to the video Earache made was Glen's idea. I wanted DEICIDE to have a evil video, not him riding on a motorcycle. They should have made a killer video, jamming in hell in front of Satan while demons mosh.

"I never saw him once worship the devil. He was married in a church. It is all a show.

"He never could do long sets. We have been trying to get him to play more 'Legion' songs for years and many others. Mr. Benton only had to add more than ten songs recently in Europe to save his ass. We always told him to do more songs; even the fans did. We wanted to do the new material to play live, and he did not show up for practice to learn them. Even the record company knows that, right, Al [Dawson, Earache's U.S. label manager]?!

"He did not play all his bass lines in the studio, could not do technical riffs.

"I recorded one of my songs 'The Pentecostal' on his bass. Steve has done almost all his bass lines on all previous albums. I actually had to buy him a bass because he was so unprofessional.

"[He] never showed up for practice, for six months at a time. A few years ago, he tried to take a bunch of gig money. Then he said to my face he did not give a shit about the band, the fans or me. So I kicked his ass.

"I have never seen a check or a real statement for merchandise. There are a lot of DEICIDE shirts around; another lawsuit in the works for Blue Grape [merchandising company] soon.

"He was fired numerous times for not showing up, even Steve told him to get lost and he always came back. He writes the lyrics while we are in the studio.

"And there are other topics.

"No one said anything about his simulating sex sounds of him getting it in the rear on 'Torment In Hell'. That is why I did not do solos on that record.

"Steve's drumming, I had to make him hit the snare with two sticks because he could not blast fast enough for the new songs. Notice on all 'Scars of the Crucifix' songs super-blast beats, two sticks are hit in a roll manner and a simulated ride is added.

"Note: my brother is building some awesome guitars, and we will have a new band in the near future.

"Next will be a video of Mr. Benton's studio work. Check out his posture laying on end of couch. Every sound engineer said he was the worst bass player they ever heard. Scott Burns and Neil [Kernon] can tell that one someday."

The quality of our perceptions determines the quality of our judgement. Our judgement determines how we interact with the world. How we interact with the world changes the world. So, the quality of our perceptions changes the world.

CoenV
Usericon van CoenV
Posted 25-01-2005 17:57 by CoenV Wijzig reactieProfiel van CoenVQuote dit bericht

'It is all a show'

Net als dat inverted cross op zijn voorhoofd zeker.

Y Draig Goch
Vegetarian Progressive Grindcore
Usericon van Y Draig Goch
Posted 25-01-2005 18:19 by Y Draig Goch (Speciaal lid) Wijzig reactieProfiel van Y Draig GochQuote dit berichthttp://www.last.fm/user/Joris_/

Begint op de meest kinderachtige soap te lijken die ik ooit heb gehoord.

We had sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll. Now we have aids, crack and techno.

Embodiment of Fire
Usericon van Embodiment of Fire
Posted 25-01-2005 19:18 by Embodiment of Fire Wijzig reactieProfiel van Embodiment of FireQuote dit bericht

Idd, dit moddergooien is wel erg triest. Ze kunnen dan beter in de zandbak blijven spelen...

Botzwaard
Usericon van Botzwaard
Posted 25-01-2005 21:49 by Botzwaard Wijzig reactieProfiel van BotzwaardQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 25 januari 2005 17:51 schreef Mutilator het volgende:
"I never saw him once worship the devil. He was married in a church. It is all a show.

Pff wat een mietje

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door Botzwaard op 25-01-2005 21:49]

Let us rejoice in the light of this man-made Armageddon

BARABAS
CONTRACOINTELPRO
Usericon van BARABAS
Posted 25-01-2005 22:45 by BARABAS Wijzig reactieProfiel van BARABASQuote dit bericht

"I wanted DEICIDE to have a evil video, not him riding on a motorcycle. They should have made a killer video, jamming in hell in front of Satan while demons mosh."

Nou, ik ben blij dat dit idee niet doorgegaan is(niet dat ik van clips hou ofzo), als er iets triest is is het wel 'evil' zijn...Nee, dan vind ik de uiteindelijke versie nog wel lache.

Lijst van het spoor 1. "Afvlakken van emoties" Markeerde het begin van een grote stilistische verandering voor de Dood. De werkelijke geluid van het album is veel meer technisch volleerd en progressiever dan eerdere inspanningen van de Dood.

flebbie
faalhaas
Usericon van flebbie
Posted 21-03-2005 16:22 by flebbie Wijzig reactieProfiel van flebbieQuote dit berichthttp://www.dopedezign.nl

Glen Benton rules, eerst in verschillende interviews beweren dat je op je 26e zelfmoord zal plegen en het dan vervolgens TOCH niet doen! Geniaal gewoon!

Op 26 april 2011 23:41 schreef Onweerwolf het volgende: Jij hoeft je absoluut geen zorgen te maken over mijn assertiviteit vriend.

Orion
Usericon van Orion
Posted 05-04-2005 12:23 by Orion Wijzig reactieProfiel van OrionQuote dit bericht

Guitarist ERIC HOFFMAN Says He Is Putting Together 'New' DEICIDE - Apr. 3, 2005
Despite an announcement to the contrary on UNHOLY GHOST's web site, former DEICIDE guitarist Eric Hoffman has told BLABBERMOUTH.NET that he "never played with [UNHOLY GHOST]" and "did not join" the group.

Hoffman is currently involved in a legal dispute with DEICIDE frontman Glen Benton over the rights to the long-running Florida-based band's name.

"My brother [Brian Hoffman, ex-DEICIDE guitarist] and I are working on getting a new DEICIDE together," Hoffman told BLABBERMOUTH.NET. "The court will decide who gets the name DEICIDE."

hehe lachen dit

Mezelf tegen friet! en spotten en al ut andere kansloos gedoe weest wel !?

Mutilator
SPILL YER GUTS !!!!!! (Extra gore mod)
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 06-06-2005 19:38 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

Dan zijn er dus 2 Deicide's:

DEICIDE Play First Canadian Show In 10 Years: Photos Posted Online - June 4, 2005
www.capitaledumetal.com has uploaded a bunch of high-quality pictures from DEICIDE's first Canadian show in 10 years. The pictures can be accessed directly from the site's opening page.

Commented www.capitaledumetal.com's Alain "Creepin' Death" Gagnon: "Glen Benton and company finally made it through the Canadian borders after 10 long years of frustration and Quebec City was their first of several stops on their current North American tour. They arrived at the venue late in the afternoon and took a few minutes to meet the fans already waiting for them at the front before soundcheck. Their set lasted a little more than an hour and was filled with most of the band’s classics. They got back on stage several minutes after their set for a surprise encore and played the eponymous song 'Deicide'. Their performance was violent and highly energetic but also as hot as hell … the venue's curtains even caught fire for a few seconds near the end of their set. They left the crowd very few occasions to take a much needed breather. IMMOLATION, SKINLESS, DESPISED ICON and WITH PASSION also delivered inspired sets to prepare the metalheads for the DEICIDE onslaught. All in all, it was a dream gig for the 400+ death metal lovers that were on hand. All bands are playing Montreal [Friday night] (June 3rd) and Toronto [Saturday] (June 4th)."

DEICIDE's setlist:

01. Scars of the Crucifix
02. They Are the Children of the Underworld
03. Bastards of Christ
04. When Heaven Burns
05. Serpents of the Light
06. This Is Hell We're In
07. Blame It on God
08. When Satan Rules His World
09. Kill the Christians
10. Once Upon the Cross
11. Sacrificial Suicide
12. Dead but Dreaming
13. Christ Denied
14. Lunatic of God's Creation
15. Behind the Light Thou Shall Rise
16. Dead by Dawn
--- Encore ---
17. Deicide

Met als ik het goed heb Glen Benton met ipv de Vital remains gasten nu op gitaar Ralph Santolla (oa DEATH - ITP USA-tour), Iced earth) en Jack Owen (ex-Cannibal Corpse)

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door Mutilator op 06-06-2005 20:16]

The quality of our perceptions determines the quality of our judgement. Our judgement determines how we interact with the world. How we interact with the world changes the world. So, the quality of our perceptions changes the world.

mental
Bro's before Ho's
Usericon van mental
Posted 06-06-2005 19:45 by mental Wijzig reactieProfiel van mentalQuote dit bericht

Brute set list man....Moeten ze ook hier maar es doen weer optreden

Fuck the world and fuck you

BARABAS
CONTRACOINTELPRO
Usericon van BARABAS
Posted 06-06-2005 20:39 by BARABAS Wijzig reactieProfiel van BARABASQuote dit bericht

Laatst in Haarlem speelden ze ook ongeveer zo'n set, supervet!

Lijst van het spoor 1. "Afvlakken van emoties" Markeerde het begin van een grote stilistische verandering voor de Dood. De werkelijke geluid van het album is veel meer technisch volleerd en progressiever dan eerdere inspanningen van de Dood.

Metalhead22
Usericon van Metalhead22
Posted 06-06-2005 21:17 by Metalhead22 Wijzig reactieProfiel van Metalhead22Quote dit berichthttp://www.last.fm/user/kledur

quote:
Op 13 juni 2002 10:24 schreef DimmuChild het volgende:
Goede muziek, maar dat anti christelijke is wel een beetje over the top naar mijn mening.

Nee man, juist mooi! Het gristendom zuigt juist man. En ik kan het weten want mijn pa/ma zijn nogal christelijk.
Hierdoor mocht ik bijv. geen Krisiun-shirt in huis, kan ik zondags niet uislapen, niet vloeken, geen God Hates Us All w.paper erachter, en moet ik ze bij elke cd die ik koop verzekeren dat er geen 'slechte boodschap'in zit. Dit zuig echt dondershard .

Maar ff ontopic: Deicide vind ik wel een gafe band: een cd als Scars Of The Crucifix zit er nog regelmatig in Lekkere band

...the thin texture between wrong and right, mostly broken by those who saw the light...

Buried_Alive
Usericon van Buried_Alive
Posted 06-06-2005 22:55 by Buried_Alive Wijzig reactieProfiel van Buried_AliveQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 6 juni 2005 19:38 schreef Mutilator het volgende:
Met als ik het goed heb Glen Benton met ipv de Vital remains gasten nu op gitaar Ralph Santolla (oa DEATH - ITP USA-tour), Iced earth) en Jack Owen (ex-Cannibal Corpse)

Beter!!! Zou jammer zijn als men van Vital Remains verder zou zijn gegaan met Deicide en daardoor stoppen met VR.

Aaaarco
Usericon van Aaaarco
Posted 06-06-2005 23:19 by Aaaarco Wijzig reactieProfiel van AaaarcoQuote dit bericht

ik zie dat jackie t ook zichtbaar beter naar zn zin heeft dan z'n de laatste jaren bij CC... dit gezien de activiteit die van de foto afstraalt in verhouding tot de zandzak die er op het cc podium ergens in een hoekje stond

In black metal maakt men grapjes over religie... aldus pindakaasruud

skullfuck
smaakvervanger
Usericon van skullfuck
Posted 08-06-2005 12:55 by skullfuck Wijzig reactieProfiel van skullfuckQuote dit berichthttp://

Jack Owen en Deicide...

LOL

Suck my piss

Staalman
Usericon van Staalman
Posted 08-06-2005 12:57 by Staalman Wijzig reactieProfiel van StaalmanQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 6 juni 2005 21:17 schreef Metalhead22 het volgende:
Nee man, juist mooi! Het gristendom zuigt juist man. En ik kan het weten want mijn pa/ma zijn nogal christelijk.
Hierdoor mocht ik bijv. geen Krisiun-shirt in huis, kan ik zondags niet uislapen, niet vloeken, geen God Hates Us All w.paper erachter, en moet ik ze bij elke cd die ik koop verzekeren dat er geen 'slechte boodschap'in zit. Dit zuig echt dondershard .

Misschien is een praatgroep voor gefrusteerde-christelijk-opgevoede-metalheads wel iets voor jou!

"Life Is Much More Beautiful, When It Means Nothing At All"

skullfuck
smaakvervanger
Usericon van skullfuck
Posted 08-06-2005 13:02 by skullfuck Wijzig reactieProfiel van skullfuckQuote dit berichthttp://

Ik zou Satan whoreshippen ipv die bandshirts enzo. Digipacks zijn evil. Fuck plastic cd hoesjes!

Henk Binnendijk own3z yuo

Suck my piss

Y Draig Goch
Vegetarian Progressive Grindcore
Usericon van Y Draig Goch
Posted 08-06-2005 13:34 by Y Draig Goch (Speciaal lid) Wijzig reactieProfiel van Y Draig GochQuote dit berichthttp://www.last.fm/user/Joris_/

quote:
Op 6 juni 2005 23:19 schreef Aaaarco het volgende:
ik zie dat jackie t ook zichtbaar beter naar zn zin heeft dan z'n de laatste jaren bij CC... dit gezien de activiteit die van de foto afstraalt in verhouding tot de zandzak die er op het cc podium ergens in een hoekje stond

In Haarlem bij het Deicide-optreden stond hij er anders behoorlijk als een zandzak bij.

We had sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll. Now we have aids, crack and techno.

Burzum
Usericon van Burzum
Posted 08-06-2005 13:41 by Burzum Wijzig reactieProfiel van BurzumQuote dit berichthttp://www.last.fm/user/Raymond1982

quote:
Op 8 juni 2005 13:02 schreef skullfuck het volgende:
Ik zou Satan whoreshippen ipv die bandshirts enzo. Digipacks zijn evil. Fuck plastic cd hoesjes!

Henk Binnendijk own3z yuo

BARABAS
CONTRACOINTELPRO
Usericon van BARABAS
Posted 08-06-2005 14:18 by BARABAS Wijzig reactieProfiel van BARABASQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 8 juni 2005 13:34 schreef Y Draig Goch het volgende:
In Haarlem bij het Deicide-optreden stond hij er anders behoorlijk als een zandzak bij.
Ja,maar toen was ie jarig

Aaaarco
Usericon van Aaaarco
Posted 08-06-2005 19:36 by Aaaarco Wijzig reactieProfiel van AaaarcoQuote dit bericht

dus dan mag ie zichzelf zijn.,..

In black metal maakt men grapjes over religie... aldus pindakaasruud

LizzyBorden666
Usericon van LizzyBorden666
Posted 11-06-2005 4:16 by LizzyBorden666 Wijzig reactieProfiel van LizzyBorden666Quote dit berichthttp://www.cu2.nl/alizeelover

Deicide is kut versta je geen reet van

skullfuck
smaakvervanger
Usericon van skullfuck
Posted 11-06-2005 10:50 by skullfuck Wijzig reactieProfiel van skullfuckQuote dit berichthttp://

harm uit Sneek;

NOU EN!!!??1!

Suck my piss

Dit topic is 31 pagina's lang: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Index / Heavy Metal Active topics Nieuw topic Post reply Vorige pagina | Volgende pagina
http://www.zwaremetalen.com