IndexProfielRegistrerenHelpActive TopicsSearch Inloggen
Index / Heavy Metal Nieuw Topic Post Reply
Dit topic is 36 pagina's lang:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Auteur:
Topic : Megadeth Vorige pagina | Volgende pagina
Mutilator
SPILL YER GUTS !!!!!! (Extra gore mod)
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 25-09-2004 0:41 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

Denk dat ik em binnekort ook maar es ga aanschaffen

The quality of our perceptions determines the quality of our judgement. Our judgement determines how we interact with the world. How we interact with the world changes the world. So, the quality of our perceptions changes the world.

demonic_debby
eat shit and die
Usericon van demonic_debby
Posted 04-10-2004 15:21 by demonic_debby Wijzig reactieProfiel van demonic_debbyQuote dit berichthttp://www.megadeth.com

quote:
Op 24 september 2004 17:21 schreef ghoulliette het volgende:
heeft dave zijn frustraties nou nog steeds niet verwerkt dan? (metallica enzo)

nee is een gevoelig mannetje hij is nu pissed of over de film some kind of monster ennuh als je wilt weten hoe die over kirk denkt moet je goed luisteren naar something that iam not

ben niet gek ik ben een vliegtuig!

demonic_debby
eat shit and die
Posted 04-10-2004 15:22 by demonic_debby Wijzig reactieProfiel van demonic_debbyQuote dit berichthttp://www.megadeth.com

quote:
Op 25 september 2004 0:41 schreef Mutilator het volgende:
Denk dat ik em binnekort ook maar es ga aanschaffen

dat werdt eens tijd goddamn

Orion
Usericon van Orion
Posted 04-10-2004 18:42 by Orion Wijzig reactieProfiel van OrionQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 4 oktober 2004 15:21 schreef demonic_debby het volgende:
nee is een gevoelig mannetje hij is nu pissed of over de film some kind of monster ennuh als je wilt weten hoe die over kirk denkt moet je goed luisteren naar something that iam not

wie zegt dat het nummer somethign i'm not over kirk en of metallica gaat?
het ZOU kunnen tis net hoe je hetzelf interperteerd lijkt me.
er zijn mensen dat zowat het hele album op metallica slaat. the scorpion op lars bv

Mezelf tegen friet! en spotten en al ut andere kansloos gedoe weest wel !?

antipop
smoel houwe
Usericon van antipop
Posted 04-10-2004 22:35 by antipop Wijzig reactieProfiel van antipopQuote dit bericht

las in de aardschok dat Dave de heer gevonden heeft,hahaha vandaar zo'n kutplaat,kun je je voorstellen??De stoere grootbek Dave die nu aan jezus vraagt of hij hem kan vergeven dat ie zich de afgelopen 20 jaar de tering gesnoven,gespoten en gezopen heeft ,whahahaha wat is die kerel diep gezonken zeg!!!(ik zet so far ... nog maar ff op,I am an ANTICHRIST!!) mischien kunnen ze op tour met Stryper ofzo??

het geven van je mening is LEVENSGEVAARLIJK!!!

DaVinz
Tod - Trauer
Usericon van DaVinz
Posted 04-10-2004 23:38 by DaVinz Wijzig reactieProfiel van DaVinzQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 4 oktober 2004 18:42 schreef Orion het volgende:
er zijn mensen dat zowat het hele album op metallica slaat. the scorpion op lars bv

ik zou het erg sneu vinden als dat zo was... en afbreuk doen op de best leuke nummers op de cd... maar zijn de vorige cd's dan ook allemaal schoppen tegen metallica? ... lijkt me stug..

I am soulless and proud, That I'm not like your kind, I delight in watching you drown, As this world drags you down

HEUY
Die Födzenjäger
Usericon van HEUY
Posted 08-10-2004 20:31 by HEUY Wijzig reactieProfiel van HEUYQuote dit bericht

HEUY!!!!

Zal wel triest zijn dat ie na 20 jaar nog steeds zich kut voelt over Metallica....de nieuwe van Megadeth is iig een stuk beter dan wat Metallica de laatste jaren heeft laten horen.

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 08-10-2004 21:15 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

Tuurlijk niet; hij heeft bewezen het ook zonder hen te kunnen redden; als het over vorige bandleden gaat dan is junior waarschijnlijker.

The quality of our perceptions determines the quality of our judgement. Our judgement determines how we interact with the world. How we interact with the world changes the world. So, the quality of our perceptions changes the world.

demonic_debby
eat shit and die
Posted 09-10-2004 19:13 by demonic_debby Wijzig reactieProfiel van demonic_debbyQuote dit berichthttp://www.megadeth.com

quote:
Op 4 oktober 2004 18:42 schreef Orion het volgende:

ik heb gehoord van Dave dat something that iam not over lars gaat :D

Mies
Usericon van Mies
Posted 10-10-2004 21:58 by Mies Wijzig reactieProfiel van MiesQuote dit berichthttp://www.terrafyght.com

quote:
Op 9 oktober 2004 19:13 schreef demonic_debby het volgende:
zou ook over Junior kunnen gaan

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 10-10-2004 22:11 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

quote:
Op 10 oktober 2004 21:58 schreef Mies het volgende:
zou ook over Junior kunnen gaan

Nou als Dave het zelf zegt dan zal het toch wel lijkt me

DaVinz
Tod - Trauer
Usericon van DaVinz
Posted 11-10-2004 17:20 by DaVinz Wijzig reactieProfiel van DaVinzQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 9 oktober 2004 19:13 schreef demonic_debby het volgende:

ff tekst er bij pakken
quote:
Your mind tells you that
you've lost your confidence.
You're drifting and you
don't believe in anyone.
To lose what little you have
left to be proud of.
Afraid you can't do this again.
You said that nothing could
come in between us.
And the way your getting
things we wanted done.
Then Enissophobia held you
under it's influence
until you compromised your style.

Everything about you has been
one big charade.
What will you do now
that the well's run dry? (Cry?)
To sell out all your friends
and stab them in the back.
It's something that you are.
It's something that I'm not.

When you force me into
doing what you love.
Mark my words no one
loves you very much. (Yeah, mark 'em)
And when you tried to change me
and tried to replace me
I couldn't help but end just hating you
Being a fraud can only
last so long (you should know)
So what you sensed
as a child returns. (You little baby)
To choke out the voice
That told you money and fame
would fill the cradle
that you dug for yourself.

Unlike you, I'm no vision to myself.
lest you forget
You didn't ever make metal buddy
Metal made you.
To crush and run over everyone along the way
it's something that you are.
A stranger to yourself.
Ha! You pissed me off again.
I won't be driven by your needs anymore.
What did you come to do or be?
It's clear to see for me.
It's something that you are.

It makes me sick to hear you
say you love me.
I know you only love
what I can do for you.
If you were the one that
was leading the charge
would you notice if I missed
a day or two? (But that's impossible)
We all laughed at the parodies
that you've become.
Now your pain's slowly paid back
It has begun.
So accept my resignation
or in your words, "betrayal"
Before it gets much worse
and there's self-sabotage.

Something I'm not.
Something that you are.
Something I'm not.

Solo

something I'm not.
something that you are.
Something I'm not.
something that you are.
Something that I'm not... Yet.

I am soulless and proud, That I'm not like your kind, I delight in watching you drown, As this world drags you down

insignificant
Usericon van insignificant
Posted 14-10-2004 15:08 by insignificant Wijzig reactieProfiel van insignificantQuote dit bericht

Net of die jongen alleen maar de jongens van Metallica kent. Hij zal heus wel een sociaal leven hebben!

chriz
Dóh!
Usericon van chriz
Posted 14-10-2004 15:14 by chriz Wijzig reactieProfiel van chrizQuote dit berichthttp://www.youtube.com/user/facesofcain

quote:
Op 14 oktober 2004 15:08 schreef insignificant het volgende:
Net of die jongen alleen maar de jongens van Metallica kent. Hij zal heus wel een sociaal leven hebben!

mwah, lijkt me dat het iig over een muzikant gaat:

quote:
You didn't ever make metal buddy
Metal made you.

Mies
Usericon van Mies
Posted 14-10-2004 18:10 by Mies Wijzig reactieProfiel van MiesQuote dit berichthttp://www.terrafyght.com

Maar waarom zou het over Kirk Hammett gaan?
Die heeft Mustaine toch nooit wat gedaan?

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 17-10-2004 0:26 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

Vanmiddag bijna de remaster van Rust in peace gekocht maar toch ff checken via mp3 en ik hoor tot nu toe dus geen verschil?

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door Mutilator op 17-10-2004 0:29]

BARABAS
CONTRACOINTELPRO
Usericon van BARABAS
Posted 17-10-2004 0:34 by BARABAS Wijzig reactieProfiel van BARABASQuote dit bericht

Ik zou nooit op mp3 afgaan, want het blijft gecomprimeerde zooi waar je naar luistert.

Lijst van het spoor 1. "Afvlakken van emoties" Markeerde het begin van een grote stilistische verandering voor de Dood. De werkelijke geluid van het album is veel meer technisch volleerd en progressiever dan eerdere inspanningen van de Dood.

Lord Ibex
Usericon van Lord Ibex
Posted 17-10-2004 1:06 by Lord Ibex Wijzig reactieProfiel van Lord IbexQuote dit bericht

als je de orginele versie van een cd hebt ga je toch niet ook een remaster versie kopen... meestal hoor je geen tot een minimaal verschil in geuidskwaliteit.
of zitten er bonustracks bij? helaas ben ik na al die jaren (jaja!) er wel achter gekomen dat bonustracks vaak niet (99%) de moeite waard zijn om weer de volle mep neer te leggen. dus het nut????????

BARABAS
CONTRACOINTELPRO
Usericon van BARABAS
Posted 17-10-2004 1:10 by BARABAS Wijzig reactieProfiel van BARABASQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 17 oktober 2004 1:06 schreef Lord Ibex het volgende:
meestal hoor je geen tot een minimaal verschil in geuidskwaliteit.

Wel bij Gloom van Macabre(met name de basgitaar).

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door BARABAS op 17-10-2004 1:11]

Lijst van het spoor 1. "Afvlakken van emoties" Markeerde het begin van een grote stilistische verandering voor de Dood. De werkelijke geluid van het album is veel meer technisch volleerd en progressiever dan eerdere inspanningen van de Dood.

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 17-10-2004 4:27 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

Former MEGADETH Bassist DAVID ELLEFSON Hopes To Work With DAVE MUSTAINE Again - Oct. 16, 2004

Former MEGADETH bassist David Ellefson was interviewed by Eddie Trunk on the "Friday Night Rocks" show on New York's Q104.3 FM this past Friday (October 15). Several excerpts from the interview follow:

On MEGADETH's split in 2002 and eventual resurrection — without Ellefson — earlier this year:

David Ellefson: "When we [Trunk and Ellefson] spoke last time, it was about January 2002, the 'Rude Awakening' DVD and double CD was about ready to come out, and at that point, we thought we were gonna be rolling right into doing the next MEGADETH record, and we were gonna just get right into that, and then a couple of weeks later, Dave [Mustaine, MEGADETH mainman] announced that it was over, it was done, that's it, and that, of course, was a very life-changing day for me when I got that announcement.

"I met Dave like two months after his METALLICA departure. He went from New York out to L.A., and I had just moved to L.A. from Minnesota, where I grew up. He and I met — we lived in the same apartment building — and started MEGADETH. And that was like June of 1983. So up until early February of 2002, we were the MEGADETH guys. The group ended, and obviously, a lot of strain and a lot of stress and a lot of issues and stuff goes down when something like that happens. I mean, it wasn't just like some bar band broke up.

"On another whole level behind the stage curtain, there's a bunch of business stuff, and you read about a lot of that stuff in trade magazines and that, but… You know, look… To me, personally, that was stuff that I never felt was really appropriate or talked about out in the open public and with the fans, because… I mean, look, I got into this 'cause I'm a fan. And it's like I didn't really care about the politics or any of the arguments that happened backstage with the bands I grew up listening to — I just wanted to hear the songs. It's like, 'Shut up and play your music.' I mean, I personally never tried to go there with that. Even now, obviously, we're trying to settle up some business disputes that we've got, get that behind us, and move forward with things.

"But am I bummed that I'm not in MEGADETH and things have moved on without me? I mean, of course. MEGADETH was my life. I poured my entire life into it — it was my whole heart and soul, my whole life, and it was our whole thing, you know, and it's unfortunate that Dave and I are on opposite pages right now with some things. Because I don't think it should be that way and I don't think this really had to be that way."

Eddie Trunk: Did you not wanna do it [get back together with Mustaine in the resurrected MEGADETH]? Did he not offer you the opportunity to do it when he put the band back together?

David Ellefson: "No, I wanted to do it, Dave did come to me about it. I just wasn't willing to do it for anything else than where it was when it broke up. I mean, I didn't quit the band, I didn't leave the group, I didn't walk away from it or any of that stuff, so it's like, 'Pick it up where we left off, I'm in, let's go.' And when I found out that it wasn't gonna be that, that's when the problems started."

Eddie Trunk: So essentially, reading into that, and knowing the business aspect of it, you were a partner in MEGADETH and the new arrangement, I would assume, meant that you were more or less a hired gun at that point at an adjusted…

David Ellefson: "Greatly reduced [rate]… [laughs] Yeah, exactly. And that was unacceptable. I mean, again, I didn't quit, I didn't walk away, it didn't break up because of me, it wasn't any of that stuff. So it's like, 'I'm in and let's go. The bass is tuned, let's rock.' And when it became something other than that, that's… I mean, really, in a nutshell, that's really where the problems started. And I think, the thing I'm probably the most bummed about is that there wasn't more direct communication between me and Dave, because up until about a week or two ago, we lived like five minutes from each other [in Arizona]. And the fact that we've been in business together for 20 years and we played music together and been to hell and back and everything we've done together, I think it's an unfortunate parting of the ways right now."

Eddie Trunk: Do you any envision any scenario down the line where you think this could be patched up and you guys would work together down the line or do you think it's beyond repair?

David Ellefson: "You know, I hate to ever… There's a saying, 'Don't cut what can be untied,' meaning that if something can be delicately untied or undone because it needs to be or has to be, it always, of course, leaves something palatable to be able to mend back up at a later date. To me, it seems foolish that we wouldn't do that. In fact, it seems… It's a very odd time right now. I think about it every day. I think about this every single day, because… It could be together and it could be such a cool thing, and it could be phenomenal, but instead there's dissension and there's not peace and rest and it's not settled. And it's an uncomfortable feeling. I don't like having it in my life. I don't have that in any other area of my life, and that, to me, is a very uncomfortable position to be in."

Eddie Trunk: Did you listen to the [new MEGADETH album "The System Has Failed"]?

David Ellefson: "I have not heard the record. I heard some of the songs on it, and of course, I hear the single on the radio, and there's some good stuff on it. I mean, you'd expect it to be — it's Dave. I never had any disputes with Dave in his writing abilities. In fact, I don't think hardly anybody has — Dave is a very talented writer, so you expect what he does to be good."

On why MEGADETH was never able to recreate the sound and the quality of 1990's "Rust In Peace" on any of the subsequent efforts:

David Ellefson: "It's interesting, because… You think of a song as like a photo, and an album is like a photo album. It's sort of a snapshot of a period in your life. And as you have a catalog, like what MEGADETH has, there's various times of your life, and they really just reflect what was happening in your life at that time. I mean, I remember talking with Dave, actually, back in 2001 when we were on the 'World Needs a Hero'. A lot of our fans wanted us to go back and make [another] 'Rust In Peace', and we could come close, but we will never make another 'Rust In Peace' ever again. I mean, there will never be another 'Peace Sells…', there will be never be another direct recreation of any of those records, because those were a moment in time. That was how old we were, and that particular album, 'Rust In Peace', man, that was a lot of angst going on [laughs] and just everything that was happening in our lives at that time, it was sort of a culmination that was just like this big boil that popped when we did 'Rust In Peace', because that album… We were coming out of some very strange times right then, with the new… I always looked at that period of time that we weren't replacing two guys, we were essentially starting, kind of almost starting the band over fresh — Dave and I were — with Nick Menza and Marty Friedman coming in, and boy, I tell you what: That chemistry of the four of us working together… 'Countdown to Extinction', it got a little more refined, we perfected it a little bit more, and it went to the next level. But what happened on 'Rust In Peace', you really have to just enjoy it for what it is, because it was just that moment in time."

On how his new band, F5, came together:

David Ellefson: "When MEGADETH ended, it was like a death in my family, man. I mean, it was… A lot of people were like, 'Oh, man, you've gotta get a new band together, get another singer, put some guys together, go do something,' and I've gotta be honest with you — I am not one of these guys that sat around in MEGADETH just hoping for the day when I could finally do my solo album, or I could do my side project. To me, MEGADETH was… that was my deal. So I just sat there with a bunch of riffs and my guitar and ideas and stuff for songs, but I've gotta be honest with you, it's almost ike I went through this year of a mourning period, you know what I mean? A grieving period. It was done and it was over. It was that simple. So I wasn't running around trying to find a bunch of guys to play with, some people were calling me to play with them. And how F5 came together is in early 2003, so about a year later, I'd been going around the country, I was doing some artist development, producing some young groups that had demos, producing some things for them, and whether they went ever got signed and went on to do that thing, that was really pretty much out of my hands. I really enjoyed being in the studio because it really got me in touch with a lot of new music, a lot of new guys, the way guys are approaching guitar playing and tuning and songwriting, and a lot of new stuff that was very different than what we did things in MEGADETH. And I really enjoyed it — it was a nice refreshing change of pace. And some of the guys that I worked with — their bands broke up, and that's how F5 came together. A couple of these guys I'd done some things with them, produced some things with them in the studio, and me and the guitar player, Steve, and the drummer Dave, we started writing and it was just one of those magical things, man, where songs clicked, they just started flowing. I mean, we wrote a half a dozen tunes in a couple of days. It was fun, it was exciting, we weren't trying to be anything, and obviously the guys know my history in MEGADETH, they honor that, they're excited about that and everything, but F5 is not a recreation of MEGADETH. It's almost like I had enough time away from it that a whole new thing took on a life of its own, and it's a whole new sound, it's new faces, it's a new day, it's a new sound, it's a new thing."

Count Usher
"The Beige Sisters of Premenstrual Agony."
Usericon van Count Usher
Posted 17-10-2004 7:35 by Count Usher (Redacteur) Wijzig reactieProfiel van Count UsherQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 17 oktober 2004 0:26 schreef Mutilator het volgende:
Vanmiddag bijna de remaster van Rust in peace gekocht maar toch ff checken via mp3 en ik hoor tot nu toe dus geen verschil?

Je moet 'em echt aanschaffen, hij klinkt écht een stuk bter. Ik heb alle remasters aangeschaft en er is er maar eentje waar ik niet zo tevreden mee ben en dat is 'Countdown to Extinction'. Die laatste klinkt nu een stuk ruwer en ik vond persoonlijk die gladde productie is heel eigens hebben. Maar kom, alle andere remasters klinken écht beter. Kopen dus!

(ook de nieuwe, want ook die heerscht...)

When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.

demonic_debby
eat shit and die
Posted 25-10-2004 16:06 by demonic_debby Wijzig reactieProfiel van demonic_debbyQuote dit berichthttp://www.megadeth.com

slecht nieuws Nick menza is ook uit de band. Megadeth is nu:
glen drover
james mac danough
dave mustaine
shawn drover

DaVinz
Tod - Trauer
Usericon van DaVinz
Posted 26-10-2004 22:48 by DaVinz Wijzig reactieProfiel van DaVinzQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 25 oktober 2004 16:06 schreef demonic_debby het volgende:
slecht nieuws Nick menza is ook uit de band. Megadeth is nu:
glen drover
james mac danough
dave mustaine
shawn drover
das toch geen megadeth meer???

ghoulliette
Usericon van ghoulliette
Posted 26-10-2004 22:49 by ghoulliette Wijzig reactieProfiel van ghoullietteQuote dit bericht

stem op Bush? wtf!!! mieeeeew waarom moet dave dat nou zeggen. Brain damage

Mutilator
Usericon van Mutilator
Posted 26-10-2004 23:05 by Mutilator (Moderator) Wijzig reactieProfiel van MutilatorQuote dit berichthttp://wp.livereviewer.com/

quote:
Op 25 oktober 2004 16:06 schreef demonic_debby het volgende:
slecht nieuws Nick menza is ook uit de band. ...

Waarom toch? Nick is na Vinnie de beste drummer die Megadeth ooit gehad heeft; die jazzy snare bijv in de 3-voudige break op Holy wars is een geniaal accent!!

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door Mutilator op 26-10-2004 23:41]

Dit topic is 36 pagina's lang:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Index / Heavy Metal Active topics Nieuw topic Post reply Vorige pagina | Volgende pagina
http://www.zwaremetalen.com