IndexProfielRegistrerenHelpActive TopicsSearch Inloggen
Index / Heavy Metal Nieuw Topic Post Reply
Dit topic is 28 pagina's lang: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Auteur:
Topic : Nieuwe Metallica CD, wie kijkt er nog naar uit ?? Vorige pagina | Volgende pagina
Orion
Usericon van Orion
Posted 07-05-2003 20:23 by Orion Wijzig reactieProfiel van OrionQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 7 mei 2003 20:00 schreef attila_de_hun het volgende:
garage inc bestaat uit een super cd en een superkut cd. de super cd is de cd met alle oude covers. de kut die met die nieuwe covers. zelfs de briljant riffs van mercyful fate en een briljant discharge nummer weten ze volledig te verknallen. maar die andere, nogmaals, echt supergoed.

is die eerste cd zo slecht??
vind eht toch wel erg meevallen

Mezelf tegen friet! en spotten en al ut andere kansloos gedoe weest wel !?

Mies
Usericon van Mies
Posted 08-05-2003 1:03 by Mies Wijzig reactieProfiel van MiesQuote dit berichthttp://www.terrafyght.com

Ik vind de Mercyful Fate medley ijzersterk

Voice Of Doom
kotsende chaoot
Usericon van Voice Of Doom
Posted 08-05-2003 1:07 by Voice Of Doom Wijzig reactieProfiel van Voice Of DoomQuote dit bericht

Ik vond de bootlegversies van die nummers die een 5 jaar eerder te vinden was, veel vetter...

I've got no trust to give, I've got no heart to break, Nothing for me to fucking lose, because I never had a fucking thing

Fire
Usericon van Fire
Posted 08-05-2003 1:10 by Fire (Bestuurslid stichting) Wijzig reactieProfiel van FireQuote dit berichthttp://www.gratix.nl

Ik kijk wel uit!

X-Act
ZM-virus
Usericon van X-Act
Posted 08-05-2003 1:38 by X-Act Wijzig reactieProfiel van X-ActQuote dit bericht

nu donderdag mogen enkele "gelukkige lezers" van Het Nieuwsblad (+ vast nog volk van een resem andere kranten & magazines) in Brussel naar de "première" van St. Anger. Ik denk dat we dus vanaf nu onze oren kunnen beginnen spitsen voor échte commentaar ipv een stapel vage roddels.

In der Beschränkung zeigt sich der Meister !

Orion
Usericon van Orion
Posted 08-05-2003 8:35 by Orion Wijzig reactieProfiel van OrionQuote dit bericht

wanneer komt er eens iets in nederland
ik bedoel zelfs in polen hebben ze het en ook nog in een oostblok land (icl Belgie )
maar hier komt natuurlijk weer niks

attila_de_hun
good person but bad musician....
Usericon van attila_de_hun
Posted 08-05-2003 9:35 by attila_de_hun Wijzig reactieProfiel van attila_de_hunQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 7 mei 2003 20:17 schreef Orion het volgende:
was er mis met justice ?
ok een andere sound maar bagger is hij totaal niet

ik schreef toch "na"??? dat betekent dat and justice ook nog goed vind. (alhoewel het van de eerste vier de minste is.

Orion
Usericon van Orion
Posted 08-05-2003 10:11 by Orion Wijzig reactieProfiel van OrionQuote dit bericht

spijt me me schat

weer wat te lezen over het album :

On their upcoming St. Anger, Metallica have settled for living in the past — and odds are fans are going to be perfectly happy with that.

Gone are the radio ballads, straightforward rock anthems, string-laden exorcisms and alternative experiments that many fans felt bogged down the band's music in recent years. On St. Anger, the band resurrects the primal power, musical self-indulgence, whiplash-inducing tempos and red-eyed rage of their first three albums, 1983's Kill 'Em All, 1984's Ride the Lightning and 1986's Master of Puppets (see "Metallica To Give Rock And Roll A Good Thrashing").

The band's last two studio LPs — Load (1996) and Reload (1997) — were written at a time when alternative and grunge were still prevalent, and both were laced with Southern boogie groove, country-rock textures, bluesy experimentation and melodic ballads, abandoning the trademark force that made Metallica the world's preeminent metal band.

Since then, the bandmembers haven't exactly been prolific. They've toured, released the B-sides and covers album Garage Inc. and a live double disc with the backing of the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra, S&M.

But there's been little new material, as Metallica spent more time in the courtroom than the studio, filing lawsuits against companies that infringed their trademark, including file-sharing service Napster, Victoria Secret, a tuxedo company and a wheel company. Metallica may have won their legal battles, but their vehemence made them appear greedy to some. Top that off with the January 2001 departure of bassist Jason Newsted (see "Bassist Jason Newsted Leaves Metallica") and frontman James Hetfield's stint in rehab (see "Metallica's James Hetfield Speaks From Rehab"), and it looked like the masters of metal had slipped off the rails.

With St. Anger, Metallica have firmly re-established their footing and recaptured the heavy metal throne at a time when bone-crunching rock is becoming stagnant. All 11 songs on St. Anger are brutal and uncompromising, featuring double-bass drumming and hardcore blast beats, roaring blowtorch guitars and multiple rhythm and tempo shifts. Most are at least seven minutes long; right when you think the guys are building up to a climax, they shift into a completely new rhythm. Not one track features a guitar solo, yet there's no lack of dizzying sonic firepower.

At the same time, Metallica incorporate numerous flowing melodies and engaging vocal harmonies between crushing grooves and chugging, staccato rhythms. "Shoot Me Again" blends Alice in Chains-style atmospherics with savage, percussive grind, and "Dirty Window" seesaws between another speedy firestorm rhythm and a textural, undistorted passage that sounds a little like Tom Waits.

Throughout the disc, Hetfield sounds consumed by fury and on the verge of insanity as he rails about the horror of denial, the pain of self-doubt and his need for control. Many of the lyrics seem to address his battles with the bottle and drugs. On the tornado-swirl opener, "Frantic," he screams, "My lifestyle determines my death style," and on "Sweet Amber," a track fueled by stop-start rhythms and sludgy guitars, he howls, "She deals in habits/ Deals in pain/ Run away, then I'm back again."

Bob Rock's production on St. Anger matches the album's desperate, intense vibe. The man who gave the group such a commercial sheen on their best selling disc, 1991's Metallica, keeps things dirty and raw. Not only does the disc capture the urgency of St. Anger's creation, it sometimes sounds like it was recorded during a colossal jam session in a garage. The drums have a tinny ring, the guitars a vicious echo and sometimes Hetfield's voice sounds a tad unpolished.

As Metallica were working on St. Anger, they clearly felt like they had something to prove. "I hurt inside/ I hide inside, but I'll show you," Hetfield sings on "Invisible." That conviction provided incentive to — as Hetfield so eloquently puts it on "All Within My Hands" — "Kill, kill, kill, kill, kill."

en weer iets:
Metallica - 'St Anger' (June 10)

The new album will "return to the thrashing sound that first put Metallica on the map"

Excerpt from Metallica Interview (March 22 2003) in Kerrang! when journalist Ian Winwood was given a hearing of selected tracks at Metallica's studio: "It's difficult on first listen, not to surmise that 'St Anger' is the finest thing Metallica have put their name to. All the songs, I'm assured, sound like this. There are no ballads. Instead there's an assault of speed and volume and anger and intensity. This is precisely the kind of thing that made audiences rabid and frantic with devotion and commitment in the first place."

==================

Tracklisting (over 75mins long):
1. 'Frantic'
2. 'St. Anger'
3. 'Some Kind of Monster'
4. 'Dirty Window'
5. 'Invisible Kid'
6. 'My World'
7. 'Shoot Me Again'
8. 'Sweet Amber'
9. 'Unnamed Feeling'
10. 'Purify'
11. 'All Within My Hands'

Metallica's St. Anger, due June 10th, will include a free DVD featuring live versions of all its eleven songs. Wayne Isham, who has worked on a number of the band's videos (including "Enter Sandman" and "Wherever I May Roam"), is directing the project. "There will be no fancy shit, just Metallica doing what they do best, kicking your ass," reads a message on the band's Web site. "And don't worry, the CD will be regularly priced -- we just wanna throw in some extra free shit for you guys." Filming of six of the eleven tunes began March 21st at Metallica's rehearsal space outside San Francisco. Footage of the remaining five songs will be shot soon.

News Story from Rollingstone.com

The eighth studio album by San Francisco titans Metallica is to be released on June 10th with production duties by long time producer Bob Rock. The details were revealed at a press conference which also announced details of an 18-date US tour with current hot properties Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit. The album 'St Anger', chosen because it fit with the aggressive feeling surrounding the project,.was described by frontman James Hetfield as "Re-visiting early innocent feelings but incorporating our experience. It's like starting over in a way. The album is so chock full of energy, and lyrically, it is deeper than it's ever been because it is involving all the other guys." The band found a replacement for departed bassist Jason Newsted in ex-Suicide Tendencies bassist Robert Trujillo. The US tour called "Summer Sanitarium" will begin on July 4, and appearing alongside Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit as support acts are Deftones and Mudvayne on selected dates.

The band used Pro-Tools technology to experiment with arrangements on the tracks recorded with Rock in late 2001. One new title was released - 'DK Roll', aired at a surprise show at Club Kimo's in San Francisco. Drummer Lars Ulrich described the new track as "three minutes of f**k-you attitude". For the first time, all band members collaborated on song lyrics, largely inspired by vocalist James Hetfield's post-rehab "re-birth" and the band's collective "struggles" over the years.

News Story from Kerrang.com

[Dit bericht is gewijzigd door Orion op 08-05-2003 10:13]

Dunne_Hein
stfu Donny
Usericon van Dunne_Hein
Posted 08-05-2003 10:23 by Dunne_Hein Wijzig reactieProfiel van Dunne_HeinQuote dit bericht

Ik geloof er echt geen fuck van dat dit weer een album gaat worden als vanouds.(ik hoop natuurlijk van wel)

I can't shoot straight unless I've had a pint!

Dunne_Hein
stfu Donny
Usericon van Dunne_Hein
Posted 08-05-2003 10:29 by Dunne_Hein Wijzig reactieProfiel van Dunne_HeinQuote dit bericht

Net het mp3-the zitten luisteren wat eerder in het forum staat... Ik vind het maar een slap aftreksel

I can't shoot straight unless I've had a pint!

Orion
Usericon van Orion
Posted 08-05-2003 10:37 by Orion Wijzig reactieProfiel van OrionQuote dit bericht

zoals vanouds zou het nooit meer worden.
het is gewoon weer iets compleet anders

Pazuzu
Usericon van Pazuzu
Posted 08-05-2003 11:06 by Pazuzu Wijzig reactieProfiel van PazuzuQuote dit bericht

Nou, ik vind het geweldig.

"If visible identification is not possible, the pathologist may be able to take fingerprints from the body, but if decay has set in, things become more complicated."

Elfensteen
Usericon van Elfensteen
Posted 08-05-2003 11:12 by Elfensteen Wijzig reactieProfiel van ElfensteenQuote dit bericht

klonk zeker niet slecht (Frantic dus)

enforcer
Uche, Uche, Uche.........Pierre Kartner!
Usericon van enforcer
Posted 08-05-2003 12:16 by enforcer Wijzig reactieProfiel van enforcerQuote dit berichthttp://www.enforcer-metal.com

Ik snap er niets van metallica verloochent alles waar ze voor staan en ineens is alles weer vergeten en vergeven??

Nou ja voor mij kunnen ze toch geen goed meer doen zelfs al zouden ze een kill em all II uitbrengen en dat gaat het nieuwe album zeker niet brengen!

Ik kijk veel meer uit naar de nieuwe albums van Death Angel en Exodus, die band s hebben altijd al meer aangesproken dan metallica!

Pazuzu
Usericon van Pazuzu
Posted 08-05-2003 12:38 by Pazuzu Wijzig reactieProfiel van PazuzuQuote dit bericht

Ach, ik vond Load zelfs een goeie plaat...

"If visible identification is not possible, the pathologist may be able to take fingerprints from the body, but if decay has set in, things become more complicated."

0Tolerence
Usericon van 0Tolerence
Posted 08-05-2003 12:54 by 0Tolerence Wijzig reactieProfiel van 0TolerenceQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 8 mei 2003 12:38 schreef Pazuzu het volgende:
Ach, ik vond Load zelfs een goeie plaat...

"This one is older than shit, heavier than time!"

Griffin
Usericon van Griffin
Posted 08-05-2003 14:37 by Griffin Wijzig reactieProfiel van GriffinQuote dit bericht

ik verwacht zeer weinig van de nieuwe cd..
metallica word er niet bepaald beter op zullen we maar zeggen

enforcer
Usericon van enforcer
Posted 08-05-2003 15:02 by enforcer Wijzig reactieProfiel van enforcerQuote dit berichthttp://www.enforcer-metal.com

Jij bent overduidelijk een die hard metallica fan ORION
maakt niet uit hoor, straks koopt toch iedereen weer gewoon het nieuwe metallica album (ik niet overigens )!

Ik vind er geen reet meer aan de lol is eraf, alleen al hoe ze eruitzien!

ik rich me liever op bands die ik echt goed vind dan een band waar ik moeite voor moet doen er nog iets van te maken!

Metallica ligt gewoon achter me, let's face it, vergane glorie, maar scoren zullen ze wel weer zeker op tour met Limp Bizkit en Linkin Park!

Pazuzu
Usericon van Pazuzu
Posted 08-05-2003 15:13 by Pazuzu Wijzig reactieProfiel van PazuzuQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 8 mei 2003 15:02 schreef enforcer het volgende:
Ik vind er geen reet meer aan de lol is eraf, alleen al hoe ze eruitzien!

Belangrijk voor je?

enforcer
Usericon van enforcer
Posted 08-05-2003 16:07 by enforcer Wijzig reactieProfiel van enforcerQuote dit berichthttp://www.enforcer-metal.com

In zekere zin wel ja!

Hoe zou jij het vinden als ozzy ging optreden in een skaterbroek, met rode baseball cap.

Of Angus in een smoking met rare make up op zijn gezicht!

Of Dimmu Borgir met spijkerbroeken en grunge hemden grote baarden en zonder corpse paint!

Natuurljik maakt het uit!

Vintersorg
Usericon van Vintersorg
Posted 08-05-2003 18:04 by Vintersorg Wijzig reactieProfiel van VintersorgQuote dit bericht

Nou, uhhhhh maak mij niet uit wat Dimmu Borgir aantrekt tijdens hun optredens, want het zal altijd beter zijn dan wat ze nu dragen

metal blade
Usericon van metal blade
Posted 08-05-2003 19:24 by metal blade Wijzig reactieProfiel van metal bladeQuote dit bericht

Er werd gezegd dat de fans van oude 'tallica blij kunnen zijn, het wordt zoals vroeger dacht ik, maar jammer dat er geen enkele gitaar solo's in zitten.. ze zijn echt KICK ASS

Voice Of Doom
kotsende chaoot
Usericon van Voice Of Doom
Posted 08-05-2003 19:27 by Voice Of Doom Wijzig reactieProfiel van Voice Of DoomQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 8 mei 2003 16:07 schreef enforcer het volgende:
In zekere zin wel ja!

Hoe zou jij het vinden als ozzy ging optreden in een skaterbroek, met rode baseball cap.

Of Dimmu Borgir met spijkerbroeken en grunge hemden grote baarden en zonder corpse paint!

Maakt wat uit voor JOU. Voor mij is alleen de muziek die ze spelen belangrijk.

I've got no trust to give, I've got no heart to break, Nothing for me to fucking lose, because I never had a fucking thing

metal blade
Usericon van metal blade
Posted 08-05-2003 19:33 by metal blade Wijzig reactieProfiel van metal bladeQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 8 mei 2003 16:07 schreef enforcer het volgende:
In zekere zin wel ja!

Ik vind ook de muziek belangrijker, maar toch, vroeger zagen ze er gewoon BRUUT uit!

goblinjester
Usericon van goblinjester
Posted 08-05-2003 19:35 by goblinjester Wijzig reactieProfiel van goblinjesterQuote dit bericht

quote:
Op 8 mei 2003 19:27 schreef Voice Of Doom het volgende:
Maakt wat uit voor JOU. Voor mij is alleen de muziek die ze spelen belangrijk.

Ik vind de aankleding bij een concert wel uitmaken. ik heb wel eens een aantal gasten Black Metal zien spelen in hun Koor pakje. Dat was bagger. Maak het in ieder geval zwart.

Val ik je toch weer lastig met mijn geouwehoer.

Dit topic is 28 pagina's lang: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Index / Heavy Metal Active topics Nieuw topic Post reply Vorige pagina | Volgende pagina
http://www.zwaremetalen.com